• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank Gary's Pokemon

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
1.Blastoise
2.Electivire
3.Umbreon
4.Scizor
5.Arcanine

-Nidoking
-Golem
-Magmar
-Nidoqueen
-Dodrio
-Krabby
-Pinsir
-Skarmory
-Fearow
-Alakazam
-Houndoom
-Kingdra

Leonhart

Imagineer
The only memorable Pokemon that Shigeru owned from my perspective was Blacky since we saw it from the time it was still an Eievui. I personally thought that Kamex was pretty decent as well, but its debut happened too late in the series for me to care.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Arcanine, Nidoking, Blastoise, Electivire > Nidoqueen, Magmar, Golem, Umbreon > Scizor, Dodrio & the other reserved Pokemon Gary had.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Remind me what did Arcanine ever do that was worth noting other than jobbing to Mewtwo?

Shigeru's Windie defeated Sakaki's Kingler despite being at a type disadvantage, and it also did well in the Extreme Pokemon Race by coming in second place.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Shigeru's Windie defeated Sakaki's Kingler despite being at a type disadvantage, and it also did well in the Extreme Pokemon Race by coming in second place.

So one win and that's all? I dunno I don't find that very noteworthy so Arcanine doesn't deserve such high compliments IMO.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
So one win and that's all? I dunno I don't find that very noteworthy so Arcanine doesn't deserve such high compliments IMO.

It was just one win as far as I can recall, but you also have to remember that Shigeru's Windie only got a few appearances in OS to begin with. So it having one win and I believe one loss isn't that bad of a record considering the circumstances.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
None of his Pokémon really have a personality so I guess based on strength?

Blastoise>Umbreon/Electivire>anything else (I don’t remember anything else)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
None of his Pokémon really have a personality so I guess based on strength?

Blastoise>Umbreon/Electivire>anything else (I don’t remember anything else)

I have a hard time deciding who was stronger, Blacky or Elekible. Both defeated Pikachu at one point so I think that they're pretty much equal, although Elekible probably gets points for being bigger and physically intimidating.

Scorbunnie

His strongest Pokemon hands down is Blastoise but my favourite one among his whole collection is Nidoking because it looks tough and I remember how he used it at the Viridian gym.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN said:
Same Nidoking Lost against a Golem in Indigo league

It's ironic that Nidoking defeated Sakaki's Golonya, yet lost to another Golonya at the Sekiei League. I was also letdown that it never got redeemed or used during the Jouto League when Satoshi faced Shigeru.