• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank The Alola Teams

DatsRight

If we're talking in terms of strength then Satoshi's SM team was by far the strongest out of the main cast, with Kaki's team and Suiren's team coming in at second and third place, respectively. I just can't decide on who I think is stronger among the other classmates, although Maamane might have more technical battling skill than Mao and Lilie I suppose.

I think Lillie could match up to Sophocles strategically, just she didn't really bulk up Snowy (she might stand a chance with Magearna though). Sophocles had similar brain power but still some token amount of strength by evolving Vikavolt and training it some hard hitting attacks. Mallow was the opposite of Lillie, having a fully evolved Pokemon and a mythical but not really any idea of how to use them resourcefully, she was stumped in a match she couldn't win through spamming.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
I think Lillie could match up to Sophocles strategically, just she didn't really bulk up Snowy (she might stand a chance with Magearna though). Sophocles had similar brain power but still some token amount of strength by evolving Vikavolt and training it some hard hitting attacks. Mallow was the opposite of Lillie, having a fully evolved Pokemon and a mythical but not really any idea of how to use them resourcefully, she was stumped in a match she couldn't win through spamming.

I guess that's an accurate observation of their battling skills. I do think that Mao is probably one of the most predictable battlers from the SM cast, and sadly the one with the smallest team as well since I never counted Shaymin as her permanent Pokemon.

SerenaRulez

Ash>Kukui>Gladion>Kiawe>Lana>Sophocoes>Mallow>Lillie

I think Ash's team turned out well all things considered. No consistent jobbers and the two late additions had their time to shine in the league

I'd put Lillie ahead of Mallow and Sophocles on the same level as Lana but this is a pretty good summary of how most people saw their teams.

Red and Blue

I'd put Lillie ahead of Mallow and Sophocles on the same level as Lana but this is a pretty good summary of how most people saw their teams.
What feats did Lillie pull off that would put her ahead of Mallow or Sophocles? Or is it because of Magearna?

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I was counting Magearna. I know Lillie didn't catch it herself but it still counts as being on her team right?

I don't think it truly counts as being her Pokemon due to the fact that she didn't actually capture it herself and she never used it for anything special. I would've liked to have seen her use it in battle at the Alola League at least so that we could've seen Magearna's true power instead of it being in a comatose state most of the time.

SerenaRulez

Well by that virtue Mallow should be higher for having a mythical on her team, even if it was temporary.

Maybe if you want to look at it that way but aren't we ranking the teams of the SM characters based on what Pokemon they had at the end of the series? Because Mallow let Shaymin fly away at the end of the SM series so it shouldn't really count any more.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Ash>Kiawe>Lana>Lillie=Sophocles>Mallow

Ash obviously for being the MC and have the most amount of Pokemon including legendaries and exclusive forms.

Kiawe for being more battle hungry among the classmates outside of Ash, even though at times he felt like a punching bag for not having the MC status.

Lana is the most athletic among the classmates but she still looking for suggestions to others to improve herself and her Pokemons.

Lillie and Sophocles don't fight much but really knowledgeable about Pokemons and battling despite the latter larger team.

Mallow didn't interact much with her Tsareena in battle and when she does she doesn't feel confident to the point she wanted to forfeit the battle, as seen from her battle with Lana. Shaymin seems to do things on its own anyways.

DatsRight

Maybe if you want to look at it that way but aren't we ranking the teams of the SM characters based on what Pokemon they had at the end of the series? Because Mallow let Shaymin fly away at the end of the SM series so it shouldn't really count any more.

Well I aimed for more overall run, hence counting ones like Naganadel for Ash. Released Pokemon can still play a big part in a trainer's development after all.

I mean how could we rank Team Rocket's? They released ALL their Pokemon. :p

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Ash's team was the strongest, then came Kiawe's team since the guy had a freaking Charizard, then Lana because of Primarina and her Z-Move mostly. Sophocles, Mallow and Lillie are the caboose of the train.

If we're putting Gladion in the ranking then he goes right after Ash and before Kiawe.