• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the leagues

Not that I wish to engage but, if you claim that Pokemon has no story...why does it matter if we see the main character battle? Why does it matter if they win or lose? That only matters if there's a story. If there's stakes and meaning behind seeing that particular person battle.

If there's no story, then, by your own admission, we should just be watching a random series of battles where it doesn't matter who wins or loses except for your own personal preference, and it doesn't matter who we see on screen doing what. Since the story doesn't matter, we should have just followed some random guy who made it to the quarterfinals and Ash was just another random dude. Characters can only exist if there's a story. So, your complaint is a bit confusing to me at that point.
Don't lie. You love to engage people about this story nonsense, with your misplaced arrogance.

But for once, you actually make a good point here. The more battles the better. Only, if the main character loses then the league is over. So that's an important reason for Ash to win. Make the league as long as possible. A drop in animation quality is of course inevitable then.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Don't lie. You love to engage people about this story nonsense, with your misplaced arrogance.

But for once, you actually make a good point here. The more battles the better. Only, if the main character loses then the league is over. So that's an important reason for Ash to win. Make the league as long as possible. A drop in animation quality is of course inevitable then.

To say there is no story in Pokémon is like saying the very first episode doesn't exist. Or saying that Transformers should be all about mindless explosions and action sequences, and not be something more than that because that's what the audience expects.

A drop in animation quality will not fly in this modern age. If everything is reduced to still images with some flashy sound effects, it might as well be a manga series. In fact, it'll be cheaper to convert the anime into a motion comic series like Splatoon.

Remember that Ash vs Gary battle? For its time, it was a great epic battle. But after watching Pokémon Origins and the XY series, I couldn't help but notice that the battle was rather stiff looking. The Seismic Toss wasn't as epic as the one featured in the Blaine Gym Battle. And Blastoise's bite attack was simply shallow.

And I ask myself, if I wanted a climatic battle for the League, shouldn't it be given the best treatment from the animators? This is not something to be written about in a Bulbapedia page. This is something to be seen by everybody.

To say there is no story in Pokémon is like saying the very first episode doesn't exist. Or saying that Transformers should be all about mindless explosions and action sequences, and not be something more than that because that's what the audience expects.

A drop in animation quality will not fly in this modern age. If everything is reduced to still images with some flashy sound effects, it might as well be a manga series. In fact, it'll be cheaper to convert the anime into a motion comic series like Splatoon.

Remember that Ash vs Gary battle? For its time, it was a great epic battle. But after watching Pokémon Origins and the XY series, I couldn't help but notice that the battle was rather stiff looking. The Seismic Toss wasn't as epic as the one featured in the Blaine Gym Battle. And Blastoise's bite attack was simply shallow.

And I ask myself, if I wanted a climatic battle for the League, shouldn't it be given the best treatment from the animators? This is not something to be written about in a Bulbapedia page. This is something to be seen by everybody.
The important battles should have the best animation obviously. But I'd rather have other less animated league battles than Furfrou or lost Axew.

You'd rather have filler and that's fine.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You shouldn't count the Orange League. I'm not talking down upon it but it isn't a real League and shouldn't be compared to the likes of Hoenn, Johto, and Sinnoh~

Anyways
1. Sinnoh - Full of action packed battles and memorable moments. I loved how a majority of Ash's opponents were actual characters he met before rather than characters created solely for the League. That's how Leagues should be handled, Nando and Conway didn't need to be there but they were. And I loved how Ash literally could have won if Tobias wasn't there.
2. Hoenn - Another League full of great battles. Tyson's the best League rival to date, prove me wrong! He's got a great character and a great team! Plus it was nice seeing Meowth get some interaction rather than just selling snacks in the stands like usual.
3. Johto - Ash finally fighting Gary in a full battle.... and the fight with Harrison was good too! Plus the interactions between him, that one girl and Misty were too good.... poor Kingler though, I hope a Pokemon never experiences that again. That was just stupid!
4. Kanto - MUK!
5. Unova - It's better than the last one
6. Kalos - Let's see..... Ash barely had onscreen fights, that battle with Furfrou guy was pointless, Sawyer got needlessly buffed, and Ash lost to a Gary Stu. No League will over top this in how awful it was! I hope Kiawe participating in the Alola League doesn't mean we'll see that happen again, show both of their fights!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
that one girl
Macy! I agree she was great! And I love how she still appeared in the stands for the rest of the league even after her elimination.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Macy! I agree she was great! And I love how she still appeared in the stands for the rest of the league even after her elimination.

And i also like that she was able to give ash a tough battle and push him to his limit in JL.