• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the Pokemon (2019) episodes so far. (Spoilers if you haven't seen all of them so far))

Your favorite of the first 10

• Ep 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ep 2

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Ep 3

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Ep 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ep 5

• Ep 6

• Ep 7

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Ep 8

• Ep 9

• Ep 10

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
My ranking:
22.Episode 16 (2/10) (cliche, boring and a fanfic wish fulfillment capture. Gengar's backstory was touching though
21.Episode 21 (2/10) (the only reason this doesn't have 1/10 and be at last place is because. There's a possibility of seeing a badass Lucario battling a lot.
20.Episode 1 (3/10) (really boring to me because I don't care about Pikachu)
19.Episode 6 (5/10) (I didn't hate it but Gou catching so many pokemon felt kinda cheap)
18.Episode 8 (5/10)(Very cliche filler. But felt nostalgic due to it being in Sinnoh and because of the Piplup and the Croagunk)
17.Episode 13 (6/10) (The battle was boring. Ash should've caught Drednaw. Gou Should've caught more Galar mons and I'd preferred it if we had gotten Galar gyms as goal instead. I still liked the episode though. It was great to see more Galar and have Ash's goal established and the game soundtrack was cool.
16.Episode 10 (6/10)(Another cliche filler. But there were some really hilarious moments such as Gou wasting his pokeballs on Dewgong and the meta comment on Dratini Line and the end was unexpected though I would've preferred Gou bonding with and catching a Dratini)
15.Episode 20 (6/10) (this ep was fine. not much to say about it. which is why it stays at 6 isn't good enough to be a 7. it was great to have Koharu being relevant in the episode)
14.Epiaode 22 (an alright one. I'm glad the conflict was resolved.
13.Episode 3 (7/10)(Another cliche filler but them showing the contrasts between Ash and Gou was fun and we got some implications of Gou's past.)
12.Episode 14 (7/10) (The race and trap scenes were fun and the battle was cool. Kind of a cliche episode. But I'm glad Gou caught Golurk and used Beedrill and Darmanitan. Dragonite getting used too was great The not knowing type matchups scenes were kind of annoyinh though)
11.Episode 17 (7/10) (An enjoyable episode. The battle was cool and I liked Scorbunny's determination. The TRrio moments were funny. I hope Raboot returns soon.)
10.Episode 18 (7/10) (An entertaining but not great battle. I'm glad Raboot didn't leave).
9.Episode 7 (7/10) (The battles were cool and funny and Gou learned about battling)
8.Episode 2. (7/10) (The Lugia ride was cool and Gou and Ash meeting was fun)
7.Episode 19 (8/10) (a hilarious and cute episode. I didn't care about Ditto before but this episode made me like it. Nice to see a Gou capture as well.
6.Episode 11 (8/10) (Yayy finally more focus on Koharu! A really cute and hilarious episodes, especially Koharu, Yamper and Dragonite. Ball bouncing to Gou's head was hilarious and the future talk was cliche but touching.)
5.Episode 4 (8/10) (Great introduction of Galar region and Scorbunny and Nickit were cute amd hilarious)
4.Episode 5 (8/10) (It was really cool to see the Wild area and Scorbunny was adorable and hilarious. The struggle to move the G-MAX Snorlax was funny. And Gou first rejecting but the accepting Scorbunny was emotional.
3.Episode 15 (9/10) (Very emotional episode because of Gou and Cubone. I cried after watchig it. There were also lot of cute and funny moments. And I liked how Gou bonded with Cubone and used his previous captures. One negative thing about this episode was how it used the pokemon lost its item and became depressed cliche. Though this episode is one of the best of those kind of episodes.
2.Episode 9 (9/10)(Yeah I admit that it's another cliche filler but the Old Man's story made me cry and It made me happy that he could finally see Ho-oh. And I also really liked seeing Ho-Oh and Cyndaquil again. This episode imo was better than any BW episode and better than any SM episodes expect the Stoutland's death and Mallow's Mom's ones.)
1.Episode 12 (10/10)(One of the best 1v1s pokemon battles ever! the battle itself was awesome even better than I expected. Not to mention the soundtrack and the game quotes.)

Edit. Added the poll

2nd edit. whoops. accidentally wrote the episode number of my 1st as 10 instead of 9 in my ranking. at least everyone could figure that out from the description and the poll is correct.

Last edited:

BabaVanga

The episode 10 was the best, I loved how it showcased the Dratini line and made me wish every line got an episode like that for itself (even if most of them would be fillers).

Then episode 7 for officially making Ash Mimey's trainer (I wanted him to catch the species ever since it gotten Fairy typing).

Then episode 4 and Scorbunny's debut, which made me like both the bunny and the Nickit line I wasn't fan of before the anime started.

Then tie between episode 9 and 1, both had really heartwarming stories even if that wasn't what I expected.

Then episodes 8, 2 and 5 (in that order).

Then episode 6 because I found Go's catching spree boring and Go catching Scyther ruined (?) the chances of Ash getting Scizor in the near future.

Then episode 3 for refusing Bulbasaur's Mystery Garden plot without making Ash's Bulbasaur evolve. Of all episodes they could have use, they decided to chose the one that's tied to Ash's Bulbasaur and it's evolution. Horrible.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
1) 2 was amazing and definitely my favorite meeting of Ash with a new companion
2) 4/5, which were overall fun and made me love Scorbunny
3) 7 for showing some pretty good action and showing that while Go has been having a lot of luck with his catches, he's still a rookie as a battler, unlike Ash
4) 1, Pikachu's backstory was fun and I liked how we also got to know about Go as a 6 year old. Overall a really well directed episode, but I wish we saw why Pikachu hated pokeballs, as well as some of his mischeviousness he had back in season 1
5) 10, it was pretty much a classic capture episode, and I loved Go wasting all his balls on a random Dewgong. Dragonite was a nice surprise too
6) 9, the actualy plot was really touching with Ash giving the old man hope for finally meeting Ho-oh, and him actually seeing the bird, but it was disappointing how Ash didn't meet him again and how nothing really came from it
7) 3, the animation was horrendous in the second half, and the Bulbasaur line stuff wasn't overly interesting, but I loved the dynamic between Ash and Go throughout the episode. TR were kinda bland, but I still liked how they cared for Gyarados and Tyranitar, even if they just met them
8) 6, it was kinda fun at times but also confirmed my fears for how they'd handle Go's goal, which ended up looking incredibly unengaging.
9) 8, just a dull CotD filler, a bit entertaining but generally bland

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
1. 10, really the only episode truly worth a damn. You can literally skip all the rest if you wanted
2. 7, only episode where battling was a focus >_<
3. 1/2
4. The rest. Nothing good about any of them, all bland fillers part from Scorbunny's capture

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't have solid opinions on the first three episodes of this series, so I'll just say that my favorite one so far was the Pochama episode set in Shinou because it featured some of my favorite Gen IV Pokemon, and my second favorite would be the Houen episode because the tournament was entertaining and I liked seeing Barrierd battle.

Red and Blue

Episodes 7 and 10 are my personal favorite so far. 10 for finally giving Ash a capture and 7 for showing the power difference between Ash and Go.

catzeye

Writer's Block
Episode 12 is my number one easily
Close seconds are a tie between Episodes 10 and 11
Third is episode 1
4th is episode 2

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
12>whatever episode Scorbunny was caught in>the rest (might as well be filler)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
10 > 11 > 7 > 1 > 12 > 2 > 4/5 > the rest(Fillers, you can literally skip them and not miss anything)