• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the Pokemon Adventures Story Arcs from Worst to Best

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Over 20 Years of Pokemon Adventures and soon Pokemon Adventures will reach it's 15th story arc with Sword & Shield! So right now rank the current Pokemon Adventures Story Arcs from Worst to Best! Or heck, Best to Worst or no order at all but you must clarify this if you intend so! Take your time ranking the Pokemon Adventures Story Arcs because I bet it won't be that easy considering most of them are considered to be great.

So rank the Pokemon Adventures Story Arcs!

Here's my personal list. May change in the future.

15. ORAS.
14. HGSS
13. Platinum
12. SMUSUM
11. BW2
10. FRLG
9. SMUSUM
8. RGB
7. Yellow
6. Emerald
5. BW
4. DP
3. RS
2. XY
1. GSC

Last edited:

Moni_22

While I respect your opinion I believe you shouldn't rank SM/USUM when it hasn't finished yet, same with BW2.

Personally my favourite is BW, it may not be the most ambitious or original, but I really enjoyed the narrative and especially the main characters. RS is, maybe strangely for many, not one of my favourites. I do think it has great moments but I never got so attached to it as other people. Same with the original RBG and Yellow arcs, I like them and they are amazing stories for being the first ones, but while rereading them I noticed that I wasn't that engaged to them.

DP was maybe one of my favourites, as with BW I loved the main cast and when **** hit the fan it was really good. GSC is also very enjoyable, I do like it a lot as well, it was when I really became inmersive in the manga. I can't say anything about XY because sadly I still haven't finished reading it, but I appreciate how it made me like XY (as in the games) more.

Then there's the remakes and third arcs (Emerald and Platinum) which I do like, I think they have some issues here and there, but they're really interesting in some parts. I'd say my favourite of the bunch was FRLG, for some reason that was the arc which made me really like the original cast.

While I can't rate SM/USUM and BW2 yet since I wanna read the finale first, I think they are not bad but they could have really benefited from having more chapters and a better pace, not releasing dates (I'm looking at you BW2) I mean more time to explore more about the region and characters

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
While I respect your opinion I believe you shouldn't rank SM/USUM when it hasn't finished yet, same with BW2.

Personally my favourite is BW, it may not be the most ambitious or original, but I really enjoyed the narrative and especially the main characters. RS is, maybe strangely for many, not one of my favourites. I do think it has great moments but I never got so attached to it as other people. Same with the original RBG and Yellow arcs, I like them and they are amazing stories for being the first ones, but while rereading them I noticed that I wasn't that engaged to them.

DP was maybe one of my favourites, as with BW I loved the main cast and when **** hit the fan it was really good. GSC is also very enjoyable, I do like it a lot as well, it was when I really became inmersive in the manga. I can't say anything about XY because sadly I still haven't finished reading it, but I appreciate how it made me like XY (as in the games) more.

Then there's the remakes and third arcs (Emerald and Platinum) which I do like, I think they have some issues here and there, but they're really interesting in some parts. I'd say my favourite of the bunch was FRLG, for some reason that was the arc which made me really like the original cast.

While I can't rate SM/USUM and BW2 yet since I wanna read the finale first, I think they are not bad but they could have really benefited from having more chapters and a better pace, not releasing dates (I'm looking at you BW2) I mean more time to explore more about the region and characters

I'm not a fan of what the Gen 7 manga is doing and has done. (You seen my rants.) But it isn't finished yet, it has time to redeem itself. (Seven months!) It should be fair to least let it do that before dismissing it completely and ranking it at the bottom.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

I'm not a fan of what the Gen 7 manga is doing and has done. (You seen my rants.) But it isn't finished yet, it has time to redeem itself. (Seven months!) It should be fair to least let it do that before dismissing it completely and ranking it at the bottom.
I know that which is why it would be fun to see how it updates itself over time, that or I might just post an entirely new list but judging by your opinions, I think I'll just update the original as I read a new chapter but judging by the next chapter's previews, I think I might update it past Platinum lol.