• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the pokemon anime full battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I define a full battle as any battle declared to be 6 vs 6 and atleast 1 side is shown battling with all 6 Pokemon. I know that the general consensus is that Ash vs Paul Sinnoh League is the best such battle to date, but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks of the other full battles. The full battles in the anime are:

OS
-Ash vs Drake
-Ash vs Gary
-Ash vs Harrison

AG
-Ash vs Katie
-Ash vs Morrison
-Ash vs Tyson

DP
-Paul vs Brandon
-Ash vs Paul Lake Acuity
-Ash vs Paul Sinnoh League
-Ash vs Trollbias

BW
-Ash vs Cameron

XY
-Ash vs Sawyer
-Ash vs Alain

For me it would go something like:

1. Ash vs Paul Sinnoh League 2. Ash vs Sawyer 3. Ash vs Paul Lake Acuity 4. Ash vs Alain 5. Ash vs Gary 6. Ash vs Drake 7. Ash vs Katie 8. Ash vs Tyson 9. Ash vs Harrison 10. Ash vs Trollbias 11. Paul vs Brandon 12. Ash vs Morrison 13. Ash vs Cameron

You can also rank them category style if you prefer. Eg: Outstanding, Excellent, Good, Average, Bad, Horrible.

Also it's okay if you don't recall some of these battles. Just rank the ones you're familiar with.

Last edited:

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
1.Ash vs Paul(Sinnoh League)
2.Ash vs Katie
3.Ash vs Paul Lake Acuity
4.Ash vs Tyson
5.Ash vs Harrison
6.Ash vs Drake
7.Ash vs Gary
8.Ash vs Alain
9.Ash vs Tobias
10.Paul vs Brandon

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
1.Ash vs Paul
2.Ash vs Paul (lake)
3.Ash vs Katie
4.Ash vs Gary
5.Ash vs Sawyer
6.Ash vs Drake
7.Ash vs Tyson
8.Ash vs Harrison
9.Ash vs Tobias
10.Ash vs Alain
11.Paul vs Brandon
12.Ash vs Morrison
13.Ash vs Cameron

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Might go back and rewatch these later and edit this list. But for now just going off of how much I remember from them:

1. Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League)-Outstanding
2. Ash vs Paul (Lake Acuity)-Excellent
3. Ash vs Gary-Excellent
4. Ash vs Harrison-Excellent
5. Ash vs Sawer-Good
6. Ash vs Tobias-Good
7. Paul vs Brandon-Good
8. Ash vs Tyson-Good
9. Ash vs Alan-Average
10. Ash vs Morrison-Average
11. Ash vs Drake-Average
12. Ash vs Katie-Average
13. Was there another one? I don't think so. :p No seriously though that shouldn't even count as a full battle...But either way it was horrible.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Was there another one? I don't think so. :p No seriously though that shouldn't even count as a full battle...But either way it was horrible.

Yeah it sucked, but It still counts as an official full battle and I wanted to be as objective as possible when making the list. I would have also counted Paul vs Cynthia as 1, but Paul didn't use all 6 of his Pokemon, so I didn't. Full battles are generally seen as 1 of the highlights of a saga and so I'm really curious what fans think of all of them.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
This is how I would rank it.

1.Ash vs Paul
2. Ash vs Sawyer
3. Ash vs Gary
4. Paul vs Brandon
5.Ash vs Paul (lake)
6. Ash vs Tobias
7.Ash vs harrison
8. Ash vs Alain
9.Ash vs Cameron

Unfortunately while I saw the other matches years ago. I really don't remember enough to actually rank then.=/

Status
Not open for further replies.