• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the regions from best to worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJC

Pretty sure this has been done before, but not recently.

My list:

Kanto
Sinnoh
Hoenn
Unova
Johto
Kalos

Navin

MALDREAD
Are you talking about the show or the games?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Show:
Sinnoh
BF Kanto
Kalos
Hoenn
Unova
OS Kanto
OS Johto

Games:
Johto + Kanto (G/S/C/HG/SS)
Hoenn
Kalos/Sinnoh
Johto
Unova
Kanto

I don't get why people are adding game lists, it's in the anime poll area. If it was both, it'd most likely be in General Polls.

Anyway, imo it'd have to be:

6) Johto (series I've watched the least of, so it's less to do with quality of the episodes I've seen and more about quantity)
5) Unova
4) Kanto
3) Hoenn/Battle Frontier Kanto
2) Sinnoh
1) Kalos (so far)

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It's difficult to put them in a certain order, since all have their merits and drawbacks. However, I can safely say that Unova comes last for so many reasons that I won't go into, as I for one don't want this turning into a journey-bashing thread.. Top would probably have to be Sinnoh for the amount of time that was put into developing the team, or Kanto for nostalgia..

BlueDragonfangirl

My favorites go like this

1. D/P
2. AG
3. XY
4. Kanto
5. Johto
6. Best Wishes ( Dead last, if I could I'd put a big space between and list this series as 10 for least liked )

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Johto will always be dead last for me. While I can see some effort put into Unova and Kalos, I can't see any for Johto. Pacing problems to the highest degree, characterization problems, and much, much more. While I can remember good parts of Unova, I can never remember a good part of Johto outside of the movies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Oh wow I just noticed a couple of things about Johto.

Just like how long it takes to level up something in said region due to Johto's horrible
pacing, it takes a ton of fillers to get to any part of the plot. Also Kanto Pokemon were all over the Johto games/anime, somewhat stealing the latter's thunder (for example Morty and the gym trainers lacked a Misdreavus in the Ecruteak gym and Bugsy lacks any kind of Johto Bug Pokemon on his team) in a way as to how Ash relied on some of his Kanto Pokemon throughout his gym quest iirc.

I mean I liked the Johto League and all and a couple of other things but I can't help but feel that they could have trimmed the fat in that saga.

Anyway my personal rankings go:

1. Hoenn
2. Unova
3. Kalos (could tie for 2nd depending on if I'll like what has been yet showcased)
4. Sinnoh = Kanto
5. Johto

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Show:
Sinnoh
Hoenn
Kanto
Unova
Kalos for several reasons. Horrible late into the series and rushed goal for Serena, hardly any Noibat development but Eevee gets it all once captured? That was major......, Goodra getting released and no sixth slot in sight, Alain the Gary Stu, Bonnie episodes and her "gag". Not to mention the worst rivalry ever with Sawyer, nobody cares about it. Where's the Paul/Gary drama?
Johto, dead last because of how the Johto starters got treated compared to the OG starters. Everyone but Pikachu staying at the lab should have began here.

MattySadler

Kanto > Sinnoh > Hoenn > Johto > Unova > Kalos.

Status
Not open for further replies.