• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the trainers' teams

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Rank the teams based on power

• Cameron's team
  • Ash's team(Unova League)
  • Katie's team
  • Alain's team
  • Sawyer's team
  • Morrison's team
  • Virgil's team
  • Paul's team(vs Brandon)
  • Ash's team(Hoenn League)
  • Tyson's team
  • Ash's team(Sinnoh League vs Paul)
  • Tobias's team
  • Ash's team(Johto League vs Harrison)
  • Gary's team (Johto League)
  • Paul's team(Lake Acuity)
  • Ash's team(Kalos League)
  • Harrison's team
  • Paul's team(Sinnoh League)
  • Ash's team(Sinnoh League vs Tobias)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how I personally ranked them

1.Tobias's team
2.Alain's team
3.Paul's team(Lake Acuity)
4.Ash's team(Sinnoh League vs Tobias)
5.Paul's team(Sinnoh League vs Ash)
6.Ash's team(Sinnoh League vs Paul)
7.Virgil's team
8.Ash's team(Kalos League)
9.Tyson's team
10.Cameron's team
11.Ash's team(Hoenn League)
12.Harrison's team
13.Ash's team(Johto League vs Harrison)
14.Sawyer's team
15.Gary's team(Johto League)
16.Paul's team(vs Brandon)
17.Ash's team(Unova League)
18.Katie's team
19.Morrison's team

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Rank the teams based on power,each team have a total of 6 pokemon.

• Cameron's team
  • Ash's team(Unova League)
  • Katie's team
  • Alain's team
  • Sawyer's team
  • Morrison's team
  • Virgil's team
  • Paul's team(vs Brandon)
  • Ash's team(Hoenn League)
  • Tyson's team
  • Ash's team(Sinnoh League vs Paul)
  • Tobias's team
  • Ash's team(Johto League vs Harrison)
  • Gary's team (Johto League)
  • Paul's team(Lake Acuity)
  • Ash's team(Kalos League)
  • Harrison's team
  • Paul's team(Sinnoh League)
  • Ash's team(Sinnoh League vs Tobias)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Tobias's team
2. Alains team
3. Ash's team (Kalos League)
4. Paul's team (Lake Acuity)
5. Ash's team (Sinnoh League vs Paul)
6. Paul's team (Sinnoh League)
7. Tyson's team
8. Virgil's team
9. Sawyer's team
10. Ash's team (Sinnoh League vs Tobias)
11. Cameron's team
12. Harrison's team
13. Ash's team (Hoenn League)
14. Gary's team
15. Ash's team (Johto League vs Harrison)
16. Katie's team
17. Paul's team (vs Brandon)
18. Ash's team (Unova League)
19. Morisson's team

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
If this is purely based on how strong the Pokémon were as of that battle (in particular Pikachu's strength is individualized) then:

0. Tobias's hypothetical full team
1. Alain's KL team
2. Ash's KL team vs Alain
3. Tobias's known team
4. Ash's team vs Tobias
5. Paul's LA team
6. Ash's vs Paul SL team
7. Paul's vs Ash SL team
8. Sawyer's team
9. Tyson's team
10. Virgil's team
11. Ash's HL team vs Tyson ~ Ash's JL team vs Gary
12. Harrison's JL team vs Ash
13. Ash's JL team vs Harrison
14. Gary's JL team vs Ash
15. Katie's team
16. Morriosn's team
17. Cameron's team
18. Paul's team vs Brandon (this team was intended for a GL)
19. Ash's team vs Cameron

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
We have a Vs Thread lol.

Inb4 345 comes in putting Ash's KL team in top 3 because IKUZEfrog.
Lol it's not just me. Look at Genaller and Akkipeddi.

1) Tobias's hypothetical team.
2) Alain's team.
3) Ash's Kalos League team
4) Tobias's known team
5) Ash's Sinnoh League team(vs Tobias)
6) Paul's Lake Acucity team
7) Ash's Sinnoh League team(vs Paul)
8) Paul's Sinnoh League team
9) Sawyer's Team
10) Ash's Johto League team(vs Gary)
11) Tyson's team
12) Ash's Hoenn League team
13) Virgil's team
14)Gary's Johto League team
15) Harrison's team
16) Ash's Johto League team(vs Harrison)
17) Paul's team vs Brandon
18) Katie's team
19) Morrison's team
20) Cameron's team
21) Ash's team vs Cameron

Genaller

Silver Soul
You mean, people who like XY rate Ash's XY team highly? Shocking.

A-G would beat Darkrai and Alain Pikachu beats Latios (with everyone else barring maybe Hawlucha getting stomped). Eh it's a disagreement about A) A-G's PL and B) whether Kalos counts in Peakachu's progression. For the record I still think Ash's hypothetical Peak Kanto team is his best regional team.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
A-G would beat Darkrai and Alain Pikachu beats Latios (with everyone else barring maybe Hawlucha getting stomped). Eh it's a disagreement about A) A-G's PL and B) whether Kalos counts in Peakachu's progression. For the record I still think Ash's hypothetical Peak Kanto team is his best regional team.

And if Tobias's hypothetical team is full of Legendaries, then only so. If not, and Tobias's remaining team are pretty much normal, then Ash might beat Tobias with even his KL team.

A full hypothetical team of Legendaries would be even too much for Alain, though.

Genaller

Silver Soul
And if Tobias's hypothetical team is full of Legendaries, then only so. If not, and Tobias's remaining team are pretty much normal, then Ash might beat Tobias with even his KL team.

A full hypothetical team of Legendaries would be even too much for Alain, though.

Presumably he has an Entei and Lucario if the openning gives any indication. Anyways he probably at least had 1 strong non-legendary Pokémon unless he somehow befriended a leagendary without battling it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Presumably he has an Entei and Lucario if the openning gives any indication. Anyways he probably at least had 1 strong non-legendary Pokémon unless he somehow befriended a leagendary without battling it.

Many people tend to assume this despite there not being any clear indication of this. Openings have been misleading so many times, so who knows.

I pretty much think that Darkrai was his first ever Pokemon considering he used it in pretty much every battle in the League (plus in the Gyms as well) and only brought out Latios when Darkrai was first taken down. I have a feeling that he befriended Darkrai and used Darkrai to capture Latios.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Many people tend to assume this despite there not being any clear indication of this. Openings have been misleading so many times, so who knows.

I pretty much think that Darkrai was his first ever Pokemon considering he used it in pretty much every battle in the League (plus in the Gyms as well) and only brought out Latios when Darkrai was first taken down. I have a feeling that he befriended Darkrai and used Darkrai to capture Latios.

Could be though it's clear that he should have 6 Pokémon (since it can't be that hard to get a full team when you have Legendaries). Barring the openning there is no indication with respect to who the unknown members are so the openning does raise the probability for Entei and Lucario to above 50% but maybe not by much since opennings do tend to be misleading (but they can also foreshadow so they can't be completely dismissed). If you assumed that they were members of his team then you could conjecture that Tobias's Pokémon have a movie theme and guess the rest of his team from there with a few extra assumptions.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Could be though it's clear that he should have 6 Pokémon (since it can't be that hard to get a full team when you have Legendaries). Barring the openning there is no indication with respect to who the unknown members are so the openning does raise the probability for Entei and Lucario to above 50% but maybe not by much since opennings do tend to be misleading (but they can also foreshadow so they can't be completely dismissed). If you assumed that they were members of his team then you could conjecture that Tobias's Pokémon have a movie theme and guess the rest of his team from there with a few extra assumptions.

One thing was that he really seemed concerned when Pikachu was really troubling Latios, which indicates that he might have had problems if Pikachu beat Latios. When his League sweeping Darkrai was taken down, he didn't act impatiently at all, but when Pikachu was troubling Latios, he seemed concerned. This is where there's something fishy....Maybe his remaining team wasn't that strong.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Or he's losing his patience at a NFE that is the last Pokémon stopping him from advancing.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
1. Tobias
2. Cameron
20. Paul (all of them)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
1. Tobias
2. Cameron
20. Paul (all of them)
Oh, please, your Paul hatred doesn't change the fact that he was an excellent battler from all angles and probably one of the most tactical and strategic battlers in the anime. His doesn't believe in keeping weak Pokemon, so each one of his teams will naturally be strong. He values strength.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
One thing was that he really seemed concerned when Pikachu was really troubling Latios, which indicates that he might have had problems if Pikachu beat Latios. When his League sweeping Darkrai was taken down, he didn't act impatiently at all, but when Pikachu was troubling Latios, he seemed concerned. This is where there's something fishy....Maybe his remaining team wasn't that strong.
Again how would he have captured a Legendary if the rest of his team isn't strong? He only showed surprise because Pikachu was keeping up with Latios when the rest of Ash's Pokemon were wrecked by it and he was getting impatient. There is nothing "fishy" about it.
He didn't start panicking. He didn't start using rushed or inane strategies. He just simply got impatient but kept the same level head tactics wise that he had all match.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Again how would he have captured a Legendary if the rest of his team isn't strong? He only showed surprise because Pikachu was keeping up with Latios when the rest of Ash's Pokemon were wrecked by it and he was getting impatient. There is nothing "fishy" about it.
He didn't start panicking. He didn't start using rushed or inane strategies. He just simply got impatient but kept the same level head tactics wise that he had all match.

Maybe he befriended Darkrai in his childhood and caught his other Pokemon with it? If he was annoyed because Pikachu was keeping up with Latios then why wasn't he stunned when his League sweeping Darkrai was taken down?

Navin

MALDREAD
1. Tobias' Team
2. Alain's Team
3. Ash's team (SL vs Tobias)
5. Ash's team (SL)
6. Paul's team (SL)
7. Ash's team (KL)
8. Tyson's team
9. Virgil's team
10. Ash's team (HL)
11. Sawyer's team
12. Harrison's team
13. Ash's team (JL)
14. Gary's team
15. Katie's team
16. Morrison's team
17. Paul's team (vs Brandom)
18. Cameron's team
19. Ash's team (UL)

It's literally impossible to rank this accurately. Half these teams could push the other to the last Pokemon.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
1. Tobias' Team
2. Alain's Team
5. Ash's team (SL)
6. Paul's team (SL)
7. Ash's team (KL)
8. Tyson's team
9. Virgil's team
10. Ash's team (HL)
11. Sawyer's team
12. Harrison's team
13. Ash's team (JL)
14. Gary's team
15. Katie's team
16. Morrison's team
17. Paul's team (vs Brandom)
18. Cameron's team
19. Ash's team (UL)

It's literally impossible to rank this accurately. Half these teams could push the other to the last Pokemon.

Can I ask for an explanation how Ash's SL team against Paul or Paul's SL Team is somehow better than Ash's KL team? I know that you like to downplay Ash's KL team but this is just ridiculous, I'd like to see your reasoning behind this.

Navin

MALDREAD
1. Tobias' Team
2. Alain's Team (opens with Charizard)
------------------
------------------
5. Ash's team (SL)
6. Paul's team (SL)
7. Ash's team (KL)
8. Tyson's team
9. Virgil's team
--------------------
10. Ash's team (HL)
11. Sawyer's team
12. Harrison's team
13. Ash's team (JL)
14. Gary's team
15. Katie's team
16. Morrison's team
---------------------
17. Paul's team (vs Brandon)
18. Cameron's team
19. Ash's team (UL)

I'd divide it a bit. Ranking within each group is a toss-up. Heck, even across groups, it's difficult (since Tyson beat HL Ash 6-5).

Can I ask for an explanation how Ash's SL team against Paul or Paul's SL Team is somehow better than Ash's KL team? I know that you like to downplay Ash's KL team but this is just ridiculous, I'd like to see your reasoning behind this.

Ash SL and Paul SL are equal. I find them slightly better Ash KL. I think the other members of the SL team make up the difference. That being said, I could see Ash KL also being better, so it's really just a toss-up.

Last edited: