• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the Villain Team Arcs

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Now that Team Flare has been dealt with (and we're on a break), now feels like a good time to talk about how they rank among the other Villain Teams.

I'll get started
*ahem*

Galactic
Flare
Plasma
Aqua & Magma

If you want to throw in Rocket in your rankings that's fine. I just couldn't fit them in because they've never really had an arc and are just an excuse to keep Jessie, James, and Meowth around.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
1.-Galactic
2.-Flare
3.-Team Rocket(Unova)
4.-Aqua/Magma
5.-Plasma

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Flare>Galactic>Rocket Unova>>>>>>>>Aqua/Magma=Plasma=Rocket Johto

Only Team Flare, Team Rocket, and Team Galactic had good arcs, the others were mediocre at best imo.

DatsRight

Team Flare was quite lavish and epically handled, especially with XY's animation bump, and even after over analysing and riling myself up over a few flaws it had (what was the point of the Gym Leader march off if the two Zs could turn 100% the entire time?), I can't deny it's tense nature.

Team Rocket Unova was quite enticing, even if it felt a bit empty with the Trio's iconic personalities gone. Cases like the subway arc and the Operation Tempest with Giovanni finally getting the limelight were quite refreshing, and I cannot deny the twerps having to work and sweat against the TRio for a change was quite cathartic. No curb stomps, no plot armour, no bad luck of the Trio's part, Ash EARNED a victory against them and proved why he was the hero.

Team Plasma was interesting for the 'evil vs evil' side plot with Team Rocket though as many pointed out ended up less than the sum of it's parts. What could have been...

Team Aqua and Magma I remember being kind of bland and sudden. I've only seen bits of Galactic so rating it maybe unfair, though it does look better than the former, it does feel a bit dated compared to the newer teams.

Alola Adventurer

Team Flare arc > Team Galactic arc > Team Rocket arc (Unova) > Team Plasma arc > Team Aqua/Magma arc > Team Rocket arc (Johto)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Team Flare and Galactic win it for me. Although its hard to decide what comes first, I enjoyed the build up to Galactic, and enjoyed the appearance of some characters like Cynthia and Gary, plus it was nice that none of the main cast overshadowed the other, all 3 were important, and all 3 helped. Where as I loved the actual Team Flare mission, the whole build up felt sudden which is why it loses out on winning it, plus Serena just didn't seem to do as much as the other 3, Ash fought Lysandre, Clemont took on multiple important members of Flare whilst Bonnie calmed down Zygarde and actually saved Kalos by doing so. But both were very great stories, with great battles and I love them both.

Team Rocket in Unova ranks next, I quite liked their serious side, plus it was nice to see Giovanni. The build up was great too

I haven't seen all of BW so won't comment on Plasma, just yet (making my through the series and they haven't appeared yet).

Finally, ranking bottom for me is Magma and Aqua. The build up was great in that they introduced them early on, in one of the first couple of episodes one of the team made their appearance, they could have been so much more though when it came to it, they didn't appear nearly enough and unfortunately the actual episodes were massively disappointing, with Pikachu stealing the main story from what should have actually been the battle between the two teams.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Forgot Kanto never had any decent plot going on. The only real TR appearance was the S.S Anne incident. Kanto was really dissapointing in terms of plot if you think about it.

Flare>Galactic>Aqua/Magma>TR Unova>Plasma>Rocket Johto>whatever Kanto had

DatsRight

Forgot Kanto never had any decent plot going on. The only real TR appearance was the S.S Anne incident. Kanto was really dissapointing in terms of plot if you think about it.

Flare>Galactic>Aqua/Magma>TR Unova>Plasma>Rocket Johto>whatever Kanto had

I heard Shudo wasn't particularly interested in the games events concerning anything like the organisation and preferred to have the TRio do everything. I suppose we had Biff and Cassidy appear odd times as well though, along with some build up to Giovanni and the Mewtwo plot and him directly giving the TRio some assignments.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm of the controversial opinion that none of them were much good, but Galactic is the least bad

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
i heard shudo wasn't particularly interested in the games events concerning anything like the organisation and preferred to have the trio do everything. I suppose we had biff and cassidy appear odd times as well though, along with some build up to giovanni and the mewtwo plot and him directly giving the trio some assignments.

Its BUTCH!!!!

Navin

MALDREAD
Team Flare rather easily, even if the giant rock left so many questions and the absence of the Gangster Malamar was disappointing.

I consider Mega Evolution Act III as part of the Flare arc (that's when the giant rock was obtained), and that was without a doubt the best episode in all of XY(&Z).

Genaller

Silver Soul
Flare > Galactic > Rocket (Johto+Unova) > Plasma > Aqua/Magma

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Team Galactic episodes tended to be great in general, although a few like the Shellos and Veilstone ones felt almost like fillers. :[

They actually felt like a threatening presence masterminding things, not filler. Though I'm upset they removed their more sympathetic qualities

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
1. Team Flare
2. Team Galactic
3. Team Rocket (Unova)
4. Team Magma/Aqua
5. Team Rocket (Johto)
6. Team Plasma