• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank the Villain Team Arcs

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Finally seen the Plasma plot, and taking into consideration, it was meant to start much sooner but the episodes that were banned delayed things. I'd say my new ranking is
1. Galactic
2. Flare
3. Plasma
4. Team Rocket Unova
5: Magma/Aqua

Plasma wasn't so bad at all, I don't understand the criticism it was getting, Corless seemed like an interesting character, N was very interesting overall, plus the fact that Plasma were able to take over so many pokemon, its not at all a bad plot. And its always great to see Looker again.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Finally seen the Plasma plot, and taking into consideration, it was meant to start much sooner but the episodes that were banned delayed things. I'd say my new ranking is
1. Galactic
2. Flare
3. Plasma
4. Team Rocket Unova
5: Magma/Aqua

Plasma wasn't so bad at all, I don't understand the criticism it was getting, Corless seemed like an interesting character, N was very interesting overall, plus the fact that Plasma were able to take over so many pokemon, its not at all a bad plot. And its always great to see Looker again.

For me it was that they used the more generic BW2 Team Plasma plot instead of using the BW1 plot twist plot. I do agree that Colress and N were interesting characters though.

Xuxuba

1 - Flare (every main character had their moment, the gym leaders actually did something, the team felt like a real threat unlike their in-game counterpart and it was extremely intense for a kids show)
2 - Plasma (N's character development was really well-done and his interactions with Ash and did what the game wasn't able to do which was convincing that catching pokemon isn't terrible)
3 - Galactic (anti-climatic ending, legendaries barely did anything, Hunter J's plot was more explored than the actual main antagonist, Cyrus)
4 - Magma/Aqua (it started well, but that ending was so terrible that i had to put it in this place)

Last edited:

ZilverLox

Banned
Team Flare arc > Team Galactic arc > Team Rocket arc (Unova) > Team Plasma arc > Team Aqua/Magma arc > Team Rocket arc (Johto)

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
1. Team Galactic
2. Team Flare
3. Team Plasma
3. Team Rocket (Unova)
4. Team Rocket (Johto)
5. Team Magma/Aqua

reason i put galactic as first is because they were present throughout most of the series, they joined forces with another villain in the series (hunter j), and it tied together many of the things that happened throughout the series. i loved flare as well for its animation, but i felt it was kinda forced since they had to finish it within 40 episodes and rush the league because of it.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Flare>>Galactic>Plasma=Rocket>Aqua=Magma
Only reason why Rocket is so low is because they are still there. Giovannis the main antagonist in Pokemon anime. All other teams either died or got arrested. Giovanni still operates with a organization. Basically if Ghetsis was put in jail with Giovanni. Giovanni would get 80 years of prison, while Ghetsis only 20.TR would still get arc and probably in the end of anime, huge arc that would rank them being the best team ever.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Flare>>Galactic>Plasma=Rocket>Aqua=Magma
Only reason why Rocket is so low is because they are still there. Giovannis the main antagonist in Pokemon anime. All other teams either died or got arrested. Giovanni still operates with a organization. Basically if Ghetsis was put in jail with Giovanni. Giovanni would get 80 years of prison, while Ghetsis only 20.TR would still get arc and probably in the end of anime, huge arc that would rank them being the best team ever.

Doubt that TR will get a final arc as the Team Rocket Trio are the permanent members of the show along with Ash and Pikachu. That can only happen if the writers choose to end Ash's story sometime. But Ash continuing for a long time has made him way to marketable to replace him with a new protagonist.
Anyway, for me-
1)TF
2)TR
3)TP
4)TG
4)TA/TM

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Doubt that TR will get a final arc as the Team Rocket Trio are the permanent members of the show along with Ash and Pikachu. That can only happen if the writers choose to end Ash's story sometime. But Ash continuing for a long time has made him way to marketable to replace him with a new protagonist.
Anyway, for me-
1)TF
2)TR
3)TP
4)TG
4)TA/TM

That's what I said. Lmao. In the end of anime, TR will get huge arc to finish anything. Just I think JJM will be "good guys" in the end turning against Giovanni.As long as Ash is there, Giovanni is there( same with TR specifically JJM)Hell even if JJM aren't there, Giovanni wouldn't be main antagonist anymore. In show-wise, without Giovanni, JJM wouldn't be there.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That's what I said. Lmao. In the end of anime, TR will get huge arc to finish anything. Just I think JJM will be "good guys" in the end turning against Giovanni.As long as Ash is there, Giovanni is there( same with TR specifically JJM)Hell even if JJM aren't there, Giovanni wouldn't be main antagonist anymore. In show-wise, without Giovanni, JJM wouldn't be there.

Problem is that, it would look quite hilarious if the Team Rocket trio turn against Giovanni in the end because they have been the bad guys for so long. All of a sudden they becoming good guys would look really wierd.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Team Flare > Team Galactic > Team Rocket Unova > Team Plasma > Team Aqua and Magma

I just love how the Team Flare arc actually had ramifications after their plot ended, whereas the rest of them pretended as if life went straight back to normal afterwards. They had to rebuild Lumiose City, Clembot being wiped of his memories and having to start again, Alain going on another journey as Sycamore's assistant with Mairin to find his own Mega Ring and Stone, Shauna Trevor and Tierno helping out the professor research why all the Pokemon are staying away from Lumiose City even after repairs are complete, Sawyer now helping out Steven research the Megalith's disappearance since this happened before in the Mega Evolution Acts, and Greninja having to leave to deal with the remnants of the Zygarde damage. Aqua and Magma only had the one-shot Brodie thing with the Contest which was unrelated to the grand event, Plasma and Galactic were over right afterwards, and Team Rocket Unova just made them leave before the Unova League only to come back afterwards.

DatsRight

BW's arc was actually conceived as such and for the TRio to make their permanent leave with Giovanni after Operation Tempest, but their popularity nulled out that idea. Rating it as that, I don't think it would have worked as a finale for them. The idea of them finally proving their worth to Giovanni was a neat idea, but it feels so wrong to have the TRio leave in a serious, stoic note instead of a loveable over-the-top song and dance. Oh, well, at least the fans roped a free Giovanni scheme out of it before this supposed finale.

As it happened though, a temporary thing where the TRio returned to norm afterwards, it was an okay run. It was the cathartic break where the TRio actually had the advantage and the twerps had to play underdog and sweat and earn their victories against them for once. They even got the twerps to admit they'd put 'em through a genuinely good plan. And as mentioned we finally got to see Giovanni in action, having only took part in the Mewtwo arc beforehand.

Team Flare > Team Galactic > Team Rocket Unova > Team Plasma > Team Aqua and Magma

I just love how the Team Flare arc actually had ramifications after their plot ended, whereas the rest of them pretended as if life went straight back to normal afterwards. They had to rebuild Lumiose City, Clembot being wiped of his memories and having to start again, Alain going on another journey as Sycamore's assistant with Mairin to find his own Mega Ring and Stone, Shauna Trevor and Tierno helping out the professor research why all the Pokemon are staying away from Lumiose City even after repairs are complete, Sawyer now helping out Steven research the Megalith's disappearance since this happened before in the Mega Evolution Acts, and Greninja having to leave to deal with the remnants of the Zygarde damage. Aqua and Magma only had the one-shot Brodie thing with the Contest which was unrelated to the grand event, Plasma and Galactic were over right afterwards, and Team Rocket Unova just made them leave before the Unova League only to come back afterwards.

Would the wetlands arc in XY count as that for Team Rocket? They were implied to be responsible for nearly everything that happened within Goodra's life due to draining the place and causing the war, and then of course harassing him into boosting while he was with Ash. I admit only the positives were really left after they were defeated, but it did show they were effective in changing the course of things.

Last edited:

jaden767

Amphetamine
The Team Galactic episodes were so cool and so were some of the Team Flare ones. I don't remember the others that much so I think that shows exactly how unmemorable they were.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The Team Galactic episodes were so cool and so were some of the Team Flare ones. I don't remember the others that much so I think that shows exactly how unmemorable they were.

Well in OS the two parter with red gyarados and lance /TR was also great though not on this level but still fun and lugia arc was pretty good too.