• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank your favorite Pokemon Generations

1. Hoenn, I loved the story, pokémon designs and just the entire overworld

2. Kanto, it was my first region (so there's some nostalgia bias) and I love it to bits. Although even I have to admit that Gamefreak's favoritism for gen 1 is going overboard.

3. Johto, awesome overworld, great pokemon designs and even the 1st gen's world added in. The only downside I see to this region is the low levels and the difficulty to grind before certain gyms

4. Alola, I thoroughly enjoyed this region, except for the handholding and long cutscenes (they should be skippable). Absolutely loved the pokemon too.

5. Kalos, like the pokemon designs, the region looks pretty but it does seem somewhat unfinished. The story isn't all that great either

6. Sinnoh, while I did like the story and overworld, I spoiled this entire region for myself back in the day during the time between its Japanese release and the European one. It never gave me the feeling I usually have with new pokemon games.

7. Unova, I'm quite surprised it gets so much love recently. Had very little pokemon designs I actually like, tons of filler-mons that later gens luckily don't have as much of. The story is nice though but the overworld and weirdly moving pokémon sprites do give me an off-putting feeling. It's the only set of games I was never able to complete again after playing White and White 2 once because I really don't enjoy these games.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Games, Anime and Designs of each Generation:

Games: Gen IV > Gen III > Gen V > Gen II > Gen VII > Gen I > Gen VI > Gen VIII

Anime: DP > XY > AG+BF > BW > RB+OI > SM > G/S

Designs of Pokemon: Gen III > Gen IV > Gen VII > Gen VIII > Gen VI > Gen V > Gen II > Gen I

Elaboration for designs: Gen III has least amount of awful designs, I found like 3: Solrock, Lunatone, Nosepass, Gen IV has also low amount of awful designs( like 4) but little more than III and those are some baby Pokemon introduced like Mime Jr. No one wanted that. Blissey is also awful.
Gen VII has several like 5 awfully designed Pokemon like Type Null and Silvally, it should've been one Pokemon. Gen VIII: I don't know why many people on Youtube hates the designs of these Pokemon, probably Nostalgia driven fanboys; it has like 6-7 awfully designed Pokemon and that's it. VI is similar to Gen VIII but since Gen VIII is underdog I gave it a pass,since I like quality of designs better in gen VIII. Gen V: This gen had like 8-9 awfully designed Pokemon and not "50%" like many people say around the net. Gen II has more than 10 awfully designed Pokemon because of Baby Pokemon, no one wants those.. Gen I has around 20 awfully designed Pokemon and yet so many nostalgia fanboys are claiming it's best Gen-design wise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ranking only the generations of the games, I'd say:
  1. Gen III
  2. Gen II
  3. Gen IV
  4. Gen V
  5. Gen I
  6. Gen VII
  7. Gen VIII
  8. Gen VI
I rank Gen VI lowest because I just disliked a lot of things in X and Y including the graphics and storyline. I rank Gen III the highest because of my love for Houen overall.

Alita54

I'm only gonna be ranking the games and anime since those are the only 2 I've seen/played consistently.

Games...
1.Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
2.X/Y
3.Heart Gold/Soul Silver
4.Pokémon Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness
5.Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
6.Fire Red/Leaf Green
7. Pokémon Stadium (2)
8. Sun/Moon
9. Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald
10.Black 2/White 2
11.Gold/Silver/Crystal
12.Red/Blue/Yellow
13.Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Evee
14.Pokémon Battle Revolution
15.Sword/Shield
16.Black/White
17.Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

By region in games overall tho it's...
1.Kalos
2.Orre
3.Kanto
4.Aloa
5.Hoenn
6.Johto
7.Unova
8.Galar
9.Sinnoh

Anime...
1.Kalos
2.Kanto
3.Alola
4.Hoenn
5.Johto
6.Unova
7.Galar (So far)
8.Sinnoh

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Games: 4 (tho HGSS would be much lower if we counted individual games)>7>6>5>3>1>>>>2

Anime: 4>3>6>7>1>5>2
Now that it’s out, 8 is between 5 & 3 for the games. New anime has been pretty boring but I’ll wait until at least a year to rate it

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Going by Pokemon line-ups, from most to least favourite, I'd say:
1) Kalos
2) Johto
3) Galar
4) Alola
5) Unova
6) Kanto
7) Sinnoh
8) Hoenn

Going by story and characters,