• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ranking of criminal organizations

DuskAstral

Tell in what order do you like criminal organizations and why. For me it will be like this:
1st place - Team Magma - I like their uniforms and interesting purpose. I also liked that they were a bit brutal.
2nd place - Team Skull - have an interesting design of a great leader. Rapper style and riding motorcycles suited me very well.
3rd place - Team Rocket - Musashi and Kojiro are fun. I like their determination in catching Pikachu and the fact that from time to time they were able to be polite and helpful.
4th place - Team Aqua- for having an interesting goal and referring to pirates.
5th place - Team Plasma - although I didn't like that they tried to free Pokémon from trainers, the final fight with them was great.
6th place - Team Galactic - although Cyrus and Admini were interesting characters, I did not like that the land was an army of clones.
7th place - Team Flare - I really didn't like the fact that the lands were an army of clones, their terrible uniforms and the fact that they were sadists. The only interesting thing was Lysander's death and the final battle with them.

Mew29240

1st. Team Galactic. The anime portrayed them as serious threats and them completing their goal would've had the biggest ramifications on the world. I also enjoyed the "everyone against Galactic" thing they had going with Looker, TRio, and Cynthia getting involved.

2nd. Team Flare. Arguably the most climactic confrontation we saw in the anime. Tied rather well into the anime's story as well. Alain inclusion into their plans made it better, too.

3rd. Team Rocket. Hard not to love TRio. Notable for the only ones that are still sticking around in the animeverse.

4th. Team Skull: I really liked Guzma and Plumeria in the SM anime. While their grunts were rather useless, that was kind of the point of the team and I respect that.

5th. Team Plasma: Would've been higher if we got to see more of them besides their B2/W2 incarnations in the N Arc. They had an interesting premise in the games and it's a shame we didn't see that adapted into the anime. I was sure that's the angle they were going with Ash interacting with Zekrom at the start (him representing ideals).

6th. Team Aqua and Magma tied for the bottom. I found their goals to be rather stupid. Can't really remember much of them now, either.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
1st. Team Galactic. The anime portrayed them as serious threats and them completing their goal would've had the biggest ramifications on the world. I also enjoyed the "everyone against Galactic" thing they had going with Looker, TRio, and Cynthia getting involved.

2nd. Team Flare. Arguably the most climactic confrontation we saw in the anime. Tied rather well into the anime's story as well. Alain inclusion into their plans made it better, too.

3rd. Team Rocket. Hard not to love TRio. Notable for the only ones that are still sticking around in the animeverse.

4th. Team Skull: I really liked Guzma and Plumeria in the SM anime. While their grunts were rather useless, that was kind of the point of the team and I respect that.

5th. Team Plasma: Would've been higher if we got to see more of them besides their B2/W2 incarnations in the N Arc. They had an interesting premise in the games and it's a shame we didn't see that adapted into the anime. I was sure that's the angle they were going with Ash interacting with Zekrom at the start (him representing ideals).

6th. Team Aqua and Magma tied for the bottom. I found their goals to be rather stupid. Can't really remember much of them now, either.

Completely agree. Only reason Team galactic is above team flare for me is that team galactic was present from the start.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Team Rocket > Team Galactic > Team Flare > Team Plasma >Aether Foundation(not really a team) > Team Skull > Team Aqua/Magma
TR is number one because they still didn't get caught and they're obviously strongest/best with probably the best arc that would unfold in the future. Anime has to end and probably Giovanni is main villain of Pokemon anime.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Team Galactic for the whole package and their presentation. Also appeared frequently in the series unlike my second pick. Overall plot needed more episodes though since it still needed a bit more flesh in it. I also like the commanders and Cyrus being a bit more involved in his own plan. Overall just solid and decently paced through the series.

Team Flare second and solely for the climax. They felt more threatening than their game counterpart and I liked the involvment of Lysandre in the ME specials. I also like the dark tone in it. This whole arc in generell reminds me of the Digimon D-Reaper arc which was also dark (in fact a lot darker). This is about how to do an evil team climax. Make it a bit longer, have a bit more character involvment and make the evil team not look like a bunch of red douchebags.

A mix between those two + a better overall story is what they should aim for in the future.

Third pick probably either Rocket/Plasma. Team Plasma's arc wasn't really good and Rocket's arcs were mediocre at best but I like their presentation.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Galactic>Team Flare>Team Skull>>>Team Aqua/Magma>Team Rocket>>>Team Plasma

Team Galactic and Team Flare are the best written criminal organization, while Team Skull are just a group of thugs, the Team Aqua/Magma climax was badly handled, I find Team Rocket even as an organization annoying, and they used the wrong, generic evil Team Plasma in the anime (ew they were such a disappointment :/)

Applecorp

Team Galactic > Team Flare > Team Plasma. I won't rank the others since they were all trash in different ways and I'm still surprised that TR keeps slipping through the cracks and won't disband.

Red and Blue

Flare>Galactic>Plasma>Aqua/Magma.

I'm not going to bother ranking Skull since it's not an evil team in the same vein as the others. And Lusamine in the anime isn't a villain so not doing Aether either.

And TR is still ongoing. Maybe when it eventually falls it will have a better climax then Flare

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
I like Team Magma the most. They have cool uniforms and hot female members. Team Rocket is just ridiculous. Team Galactic is something from a fanfiction. Team Plasma eh ok I guess. Team Flare lacks originality and cute girls. Team Skull is ok I guess. I don't like Team Aqua.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Team Flare: they had the best arc so far and in terms of power they are good.

Team Galactic: the Team Galactic arc was well phased but in terms of power I feel they are really lacking. Their goal was impressive as they are the only villain team that almost get to wipe out everything in existence. I also feel the galactic characters were very bland.

Team Plasma: They are OK. They could have been better hadn't those episodes been removed from the anime but I enjoyed their arc in Best Wishes 2.

Team Rocket: Don't have much to say about them. They haven't achieved anything. Their gang style suits them very well and they are still enjoyable to me.

Team Skull: Guzma.
That's pretty much it. If it weren't by him the whole Team Skull would be dull and uninteresting. I kind of liked the way they were played out in the Alola league.

Team Magma/Aqua: They both are boring as heck. I just don't like them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
brtnvm said:
I like Team Magma the most. They have cool uniforms and hot female members.

I liked their uniforms too, especially in their debut episode since the grunts wore high-tech visors, although that might've just been a way to increase their mystique and make them seem cooler than the Rocket-dan.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ik BW is universally hated and for good reasons, but the Team Plasma plot imo wasn't as bad as the stupid Team aqua/magma plots where things went nowhere, happened abruptly and was stupid.

Galactic>Flare>Rocket(they were amazing in BW)>skull(love guzma's arc)>team plasma>team magma > team aqua

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Honestly it is hard for me to accept Skull,Magma and Aqua as criminals. Aqua and Magma were more hardcore environmentalists while Skull were more a group of people society rejected.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MidnightMelody said:
Honestly it is hard for me to accept Skull,Magma and Aqua as criminals. Aqua and Magma were more hardcore environmentalists while Skull were more a group of people society rejected.

I view the Skull-dan as a joke in the anime. They were somewhat of a threat in the games in a quirky kind of way, but in the anime they were presented in a way similar to typical COTD type villains. I loved Guzma, but he was the only member of that organization who seemed genuinely strong to me.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Team Galactic is #1 because of all their development and because Cyrus won in the end. Team Flare is #2 because Lysandre was a crazy mofo who almost destroyed the world/region. The others pale in comparison.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Team Rocket is number 1 cause they're the mob, there is no getting with of it.
Galactic is second.

TR> TG > TS > TM/TA > TP > TF
Team Flare was just as bad as their game counterparts

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Team Galactic is #1 because of all their development and because Cyrus won in the end.

I always found it frustrating that Akagi got his wish at the end of the Ginga-dan finale. Satoshi and the others tried so hard to stop his plan, but in the end it was for nothing and they might as well have not gotten involved since nothing really changed.