• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ranking the Pokégirls

Which Pokégirl fits Ash the best?

• Serena

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Misty

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • May

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Dawn

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Uris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lillie

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Mallow

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Lana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Wow you really don't like how the SM girls look huh? You added them back only to put 2 at the bottom!
?

Pretty much. I love Mallow’s design though, I just don’t like Lana or Lillie’s designs, period.

MockingJ

Banned
How is Serena getting more votes than anyone else in the poll? Is it because she kissed Ash off camera, is that all? I never thought that her crush/obsessive limerence on Ash made her 'fit' him because she and him had hardly anything in common to begin with. Serena wanting to get in Ash's jeans while he had no clue what she wanted =/= good chemistry.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
How is Serena getting more votes than anyone else in the poll? Is it because she kissed Ash off camera, is that all? I never thought that her crush/obsessive limerence on Ash made her 'fit' him because she and him had hardly anything in common to begin with. Serena wanting to get in Ash's jeans while he had no clue what she wanted =/= good chemistry.

There was better chemistry between Ash and Angie. (A Character that was in five episodes in Diamond and Pearl, one was summer camp mini arc while the other was a stand alone episode.)
To compare how much in common these two have, it is straight down to her main partner being an electric type. (Shinx.)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
There was better chemistry between Ash and Angie. (A Character that was in five episodes in Diamond and Pearl, one was summer camp mini arc while the other was a stand alone episode.)
To compare how much in common these two have, it is straight down to her main partner being an electric type. (Shinx.)

Oh really, ash and serena relation parallels that of drew and may from the AG, just the difference is both may and drew were coordinators as well as the rivals. Ash was the type of person serena wanted to become, after he helped her find her dream, his catchphrases was often used to her to motivate her team during her performances, he helped her in xyz episode 45 find her next step, same with serena helping ash in rematch with viola which even ash admitted and invited her to travel with him, then inspired her to use his own battling style against korrina and then was the reason ash came to his senses during snowbelle gym which even ash acknowledged in the fist bump after winning 8th gym. The relationship don't always need to be romantic to work, though its the bonus that both amourshipping and contestshipping are the two most canon ships in anime's history involving important characters.

Nodame

Misty <3
Misty > May > Lillie = Dawn > Iris > Serena
^^ I ranked them based on who's my favorite as a character.
If I were to rank them based on design, it will be:
Lillie: her all white design is lovely > Dawn: Nice color scheme with pink and blue > May: I always liked her sporty, casual look > Misty: Iconic in every way > Serena: I like her hair > Mallow= Lana: not bad > Iris: I can't with the hair.

Jeal

I think you guys did not watch the anime. Serena was very important to Ash. When Ash invited her to the journey (the only time he did this) he said that they could help each other, and that's what happened. She helped him win two gym battle, took him out of depression in the Snowbelle arc. He did the same for her. He treated her better than any other pokegirl. In one episode, she was captured along with Pikachu and the others. Ash said to set free '' Serena and the others. ''

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
How is Serena getting more votes than anyone else in the poll?
Well for me, XY is the 1st series I managed to watch it fully and I made a fan project about her so I chose her by default.

But it doesn't mean that I dislike the other Pokegirls and I blame most of the issues on how the producers/writers handled her than her personality.

Slapstick-Olivia

My new ranked list:

1. Dawn: I think both of them have a greta bounding, because they could pay off each other perfectly. Ash was like a big brother her and also a bit like a mentor and Dawn was like a little sister towards him.

2. Misty: Similar like Dawn, Misty is also like a sister for Ash and also a really good friend for him. Even thought she can be pretty rough.

3. Iris: Like Misty I see Iris also more in a sister role. She is more the younger sibling, who likes to tease her older brother. But I have a feeling, that a relationship with her would just be arguing over arguing.

4. Lillie, Mallow and Lana: They kinda fall into the same category for me. It is not like Ash dislikes them, but I have a feeling that their is not really a strong bounding between them. Maybe they should interact more with each other.

5. Serena: Same with the S&M girls. Ash ha snot really a strong bound with her, because like with Lillie and the other two he doesn't really interacts much with her and, to be honest, if Ash doesn't realizes for a whole series, that a girl has a crush on him, I do not think they fit together as a couple.

6. May: Maybe it is just me, but i always had the feeling, that Ash really didn't cared much about May. He actually never took his time to watch her performances unlike with Dawn and Serena. That shows me, that they do not really fit together.

7. Bonnie: Well.. she is underaged...

In my opinion, they only once, that really would fit to Ash, are either Dawn and Misty. Dawn can always cheer him up and Misty is not to afraid to tell him, if he makes something wrong. They both have a chemistry with him. Sure, it is more like a brother-sister -bound or just a good friendship, but that is kinda better than been in a relationship, that is a platonic (Lillie, Lana and Mallow), against the law (Bonnie), has no connection (May), where Ash would only spend his time arguing (Iris) or is just an illusion (Serena).

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Oh really, ash and serena relation parallels that of drew and may from the AG, just the difference is both may and drew were coordinators as well as the rivals. Ash was the type of person serena wanted to become, after he helped her find her dream, his catchphrases was often used to her to motivate her team during her performances, he helped her in xyz episode 45 find her next step, same with serena helping ash in rematch with viola which even ash admitted and invited her to travel with him, then inspired her to use his own battling style against korrina and then was the reason ash came to his senses during snowbelle gym which even ash acknowledged in the fist bump after winning 8th gym. The relationship don't always need to be romantic to work, though its the bonus that both amourshipping and contestshipping are the two most canon ships in anime's history involving important characters.

Except Serena's only motivation in the entire series IS her crush on Ash. That is her reason for going with him, the back story on her... was done before. (Fact that Angie showed up during a summer camp sub arc) Serena dumped her goal at the end to go do contests... for the sake of making herself look good to Ash who STILL didn't get the que she had a crush on him and probably found the kiss scene to have came out of nowhere.
Amourshipping was doomed to sink and there are better ships out there. (Ash x Misty being the closest one to a canon ship.)

D

Deleted member 384931

Except Serena's only motivation in the entire series IS her crush on Ash. That is her reason for going with him, the back story on her... was done before. (Fact that Angie showed up during a summer camp sub arc) Serena dumped her goal at the end to go do contests... for the sake of making herself look good to Ash who STILL didn't get the que she had a crush on him and probably found the kiss scene to have came out of nowhere.
Amourshipping was doomed to sink and there are better ships out there. (Ash x Misty being the closest one to a canon ship.)
If you say so... But who are you to judge a ship or say that there are better ones? Ships are the connection between to people where fans believe in. Everyone has a favorite ship and you should respect that. There doesnt excist a bad ship.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Frankly, friendly bonds between Satoshi and his female friends are nice and all, but I prefer seeing him bicker with his female companions. That's probably why I liked Kasumi and Iris so much.
I feel the same as well. He even bickered a bit with Dawn from time to time iirc

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator

While agree with you for the most part, I would hardly say Pokeshipping is closer to a canon ship than Amourshipping is. Constantly throughout XY, we saw that Serena had a crush on Ash while with Misty, we were not shown that she had a crush on Ash till the last episode before she left the main cast. I would say Amourshipping is as close to a canon ship that we’re gonna see until the end of the series.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
If you say so... But who are you to judge a ship or say that there are better ones? Ships are the connection between to people where fans believe in. Everyone has a favorite ship and you should respect that. There doesnt excist a bad ship.
Well, I knew from the thread title that it would be controversial. Not to mention that they push Ash hard in the recent series that there's less room to talk about the Pokegirls without their relationship with him.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Guys, I know this is not my section but you should really keep the shipping talk out of here. The only place the shipping talk belongs is in the Shippers Community.

Anyways, my vote goes to Dawn. In terms of her bond with Ash, I have not seen another girl who had a bond with Ash that Dawn did, he was always very supportive of her, they seemed really close all throughout DP, and there’s the fact that they high fived a lot. Serena would be my next choice, followed by May, but overall, I think Ash was a lot closer to Dawn than he was to any other main girl.

In terms of goals, Dawn made a lot of progress as a coordinator. She made it to the final two n the grand festival before losing to Zoey and all throughout her journey, she became a really good trainer and a great competitior for her rivals.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Lol this is where you wrong, she was motivated by the other people like aria and her rivals like shauna. Ash was her motivation because she was weak and lacks resolve which she found in ash. Serena didn't dumped her goal she simply go on to become even better and more stronger trainer. The character development she got was very good, not like misty who undeservedly became gym leader just because her sisters won a ticket for worldwide tour.
Amouurshipping is far more canon than your poke which was given the death 16 years ago when ash friendzoned misty badly and she realized that. Besides even the former director has already stated that misty never had a crush on ash and most of the hints were anyways added by 4kids. Not to mention the current director has already mentioned in the interview that ash and serena are supposed to become a couple, and i am inclined to believe the director of the series than a delusional pokeshipper who thinks his beloved ship is still present. Just wait and watch while misty come and goes with no such romanctic moment present just like in her previous cameos in hoenn and SM.

Guys, I know this is not my section but you should really keep the shipping talk out of here. The only place the shipping talk belongs is in the Shippers Community.

Anyways, my vote goes to Dawn. In terms of her bond with Ash, I have not seen another girl who had a bond with Ash that Dawn did, he was always very supportive of her, they seemed really close all throughout DP, and there’s the fact that they high fived a lot. Serena would be my next choice, followed by May, but overall, I think Ash was a lot closer to Dawn than he was to any other main girl.

In terms of goals, Dawn made a lot of progress as a coordinator. She made it to the final two n the grand festival before losing to Zoey and all throughout her joryney, she became a really good trainer and a great competitior for her rivals.

I agree, dawn is the female version of ash and definitely had the best friendship with ash, same with serena but the problem is despite her growth some delusional people from certain section still consider her a stalker which is not true. I would put lillie above may sure she could improve but so far they also have great relationship.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Lol this is where you wrong, she was motivated by the other people like aria and her rivals like shauna. Ash was her motivation because she was weak and lacks resolve which she found in ash. Serena didn't dumped her goal she simply go on to become even better and more stronger trainer. The character development she got was very good, not like misty who undeservedly became gym leader just because her sisters won a ticket for worldwide tour.
Amouurshipping is far more canon than your poke which was given the death 16 years ago when ash friendzoned misty badly and she realized that. Besides even the former director has already stated that misty never had a crush on ash and most of the hints were anyways added by 4kids. Not to mention the current director has already mentioned in the interview that ash and serena are supposed to become a couple, and i am inclined to believe the director of the series than a delusional pokeshipper who thinks his beloved ship is still present. Just wait and watch while misty come and goes with no such romanctic moment present just like in her previous cameos in hoenn and SM.

Agreed. Plus, if I recall correctly, Palermo is the one who recommended that Serena give the contests in Hoenn a try after she turned down her offer to train under her. Serena got a lot of good development, if you ask me. Ash was not her only motivation.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well, I knew from the thread title that it would be controversial. Not to mention that they push Ash hard in the recent series that there's less room to talk about the Pokegirls without their relationship with him.
Sorry if I was harsh...

Epicocity

Keeping things in the realm of the objective:
1) Serena's motivation was never Ash. He was the excuse she used to get out of the house and was an inspiration to her, but her motivation was to get as far away from Rhyhorn Racing as possible. She even outright says this to her mother twice through the series.

2) Serena never dumped her goal. She outright confirms that she aims to do Contests in order to level up her Showcase game. Not once does she ever say she's ditching her goal. She's going to improve because she feels she won't reach her goal just by studying under Palermo.

3) Ash is an Oblivious to Love character. He'd never realize if any girl had a crush on him unless it was explicitly told to him. It happened with multiple characters before, and will likely happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.