• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rant - Starters' evolution second types

AWP123

Thunder Trainer
Yeah and if Sceptile was part Dragon like it was supose to be it would've been awesome. Like I said lets see with these starters but I think all of the will have a secondary types. I hope they'll be awesome!

Pokénewb

Blaze kick will probably be physical In DP and Blaziken has better Attack than Special attack. So Blaziken should get a little better. You could then use bulk up to power up blaze kick in DP.

Sceptile on the other hand will suffer in DP since leaf blade will probably go physical.

Zora

perpetually tired
Swampert will get better with Ice Punch replacing Ice Beam, and hopefully EQ is ground (contact=/=physical is confirmed with Poisen Sting and Bone Rush)

booyah

Banned
tell me how sneasel owns all

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
people, people please just stop all the speculation the game comes out in japan in a month, just wait til then. By october we should have a pokedex and all your questions will be answered, til then just remember its only a game

Wero

Beginning Trainer
Leaf Blade anyone? The last starters had the best movepools.
Standards:
Blazikien:
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
Swords Dance
Rock Slide

Sceptile:
T-Punch
Leaf Blade
Substitute/Dragon Claw
Leech Seed/Crunch

Swampert:
(Cursepert/Mixpert)
Surf/Ice Beam
Curse/Surf
Rest
Earthquake

Damn it, I forgot swampert´s earthquake.
ZZZZOMG but I was refering to SSSSSSEEEEELLLLFFFF LEARNING!! dude, most moves you said were TMs. Or egg moves, but on starters!! gimme a break!! or better now; gimme a darn Ditto!.

Those against meganium´s *naturally learned* solarbeam or charizard´s fire blast.

EDIT:
I can´t see leaf blade as a contact move. Just because the anime ( :X ) puts it as a punch like, it seems like a fixed razor leaf or something.

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
people, people please just stop all the speculation the game comes out in japan in a month, just wait til then. By october we should have a pokedex and all your questions will be answered, til then just remember its only a game

You really can't be serious... why in the world do you think the moderators made these forums MONTHS before D/P came out in America? FOR SPECULATION!!! They are here right now for us to speculate, not for us to complain when you see other people expressing their ideas and opinions. If you want to wait till the games come out, don't look at the main site, or don't come to these forums, it is as simple as that...

Even then, however, people will still have the new pokemon in their sigs. You should get used to this, as most of this speculation won't stop until the games are released in Japan.

Zora

perpetually tired
Damn it, I forgot swampert´s earthquake.
ZZZZOMG but I was refering to SSSSSSEEEEELLLLFFFF LEARNING!! dude, most moves you said were TMs. Or egg moves, but on starters!! gimme a break!! or better now; gimme a darn Ditto!.

Those against meganium´s *naturally learned* solarbeam or charizard´s fire blast.

EDIT:
I can´t see leaf blade as a contact move. Just because the anime ( :X ) puts it as a punch like, it seems like a fixed razor leaf or something.

In metagame self-learning means nothing. If they can learn it, they can learn it.

Contact=/=Physical. Remember Bone Rush and Posien sting make no contact yet are physical. EQ follows that pretty much.

In my opinion..
Why would you give a damn?Why this argument?We will F***ing find out later.

duelistXmist

Johto Champion
I appericate you said Rant in the title :)
Next,Doesn't hurt if people (Note. i didnt say nOObs cuz no1 is a nOOb :)...cept people who D/c frm wifi :( ........)say they're might be different types after they evolve because they're just takin a wild or good guess.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Yay. Another stupid rant that could have gone in another thread.

Last I checked, you aren't working on these games. Game Freak can do whatever they damn well please. You're also basing your little "facts" on very shoddy evidence. 4 out of...NINE starters support your argument. Not very convincing. Not even a majority.

Next, it is totally irrelevant that the few starters that have had dual types have physical sub-types. Fact of the matter is that the triangle CAN very easily work. Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, Water/Dark works just fine.

The physical sub-typings were the only things that made sense with how the damned Pokemon looked and what they were based on. They couldn't have made Charizard Fire and an elemental type, as an elemental typing wouldn't have made sense on it. Same with Venusaur. Same with Blaziken. Same with Swampert. For all we know, the Fire Monkey's final form could have its brain bursting out of its head in order to be the Psychic type. The Grass Turtle could end up bipedal and have boxing gloves. The Penguin could become a Dark Yellow-Crested Penguin or some shiz. A POKEMON'S TYPE IS BASED ON ITS APPEARANCE AND DOMINANT ABILITIES. NOT WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE SENSE TO YOU.

There's some other stuff, but I'll let you have fun with this.

And please, people. Enough of the threads made for the sole purpose of bitching and trying to make a very poor point. Chances are, it's been posted 509 times before.

:)

I couldn't agree more. I don't get why rants are allowed in here. They just make no sense. And you're right, Gamefreak can do whatever they want with the game. The starters could be like that (the way you described it) if they wanted it like that. I think those are great ideas. But people need to stop posting rants!!!!!

Dunsparce

Grass/Ground: NO Ground is weak to water, thus breaking the Triangle
Water/Ice: NO, because Grass is WEAK against Ice, so that also ruins the Triangle.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
Grass/Ground: NO Ground is weak to water, thus breaking the Triangle
Water/Ice: NO, because Grass is WEAK against Ice, so that also ruins the Triangle.
but Swampert became Ground and that made it even more weaker to Sceptile! so wat r u tryna say? that that wont happen?

i for one think Naetoru should be Grass/Rock wen it evolves!

Blitz

Beginning Trainer
Actually the triangle doesn't matter too much, you usually vs your rival about 5 times in the game.

In logic i guess that:
The Grass one will become Grass/Rock (something new for the Grass starter),
The Water one Water/Ice (something new for the Water starter) and the Fire one... I don't know...

Just based on what they are and what they look like...

Penguin

The Chappy Bunny
I have to agree with Zora on the penguin topic, seeing as people are still wanting Pocchama to be water/ice.

There are a few penguins that do not live in cold weather. To be honest, there are only two species of penguins that even live in Antarctica - out of seventeen different penguins, guys.

Also, who is to say that Pocchama's evolutions won't get bigger and broader wings? He may be able to fly then, so what does it matter?

Last edited: