1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rant - Starters' evolution second types

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Naraku_Diabolos, Aug 19, 2006.

1. AWP123

AWP123 Thunder Trainer

Yeah and if Sceptile was part Dragon like it was supose to be it would've been awesome. Like I said lets see with these starters but I think all of the will have a secondary types. I hope they'll be awesome!

2. Pokénewb

Pokénewb Active Member

Blaze kick will probably be physical In DP and Blaziken has better Attack than Special attack. So Blaziken should get a little better. You could then use bulk up to power up blaze kick in DP.

Sceptile on the other hand will suffer in DP since leaf blade will probably go physical.

3. Zora

Zora Who dies first?

Swampert will get better with Ice Punch replacing Ice Beam, and hopefully EQ is ground (contact=/=physical is confirmed with Poisen Sting and Bone Rush)

4. booyah

booyah Banned

tell me how sneasel owns all

5. red2000

red2000 Liger Zero!!!

people, people please just stop all the speculation the game comes out in japan in a month, just wait til then. By october we should have a pokedex and all your questions will be answered, til then just remember its only a game

6. red2000

red2000 Liger Zero!!!

earthquake is special since the user moves the ground with no actual contact

7. Wero

Wero Beginning Trainer

Damn it, I forgot swampert´s earthquake.
    ZZZZOMG but I was refering to SSSSSSEEEEELLLLFFFF LEARNING!! dude, most moves you said were TMs. Or egg moves, but on starters!! gimme a break!! or better now; gimme a darn Ditto!.

Those against meganium´s *naturally learned* solarbeam or charizard´s fire blast.

EDIT:
    I can´t see leaf blade as a contact move. Just because the anime ( :X ) puts it as a punch like, it seems like a fixed razor leaf or something.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  8. Pokemon4Ever

Pokemon4Ever Innocent Bystander

You are right, but man I didn't even know stuff like this was happening. It sounds lame anyway.

9. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

You really can't be serious... why in the world do you think the moderators made these forums MONTHS before D/P came out in America? FOR SPECULATION!!! They are here right now for us to speculate, not for us to complain when you see other people expressing their ideas and opinions. If you want to wait till the games come out, don't look at the main site, or don't come to these forums, it is as simple as that...

Even then, however, people will still have the new pokemon in their sigs. You should get used to this, as most of this speculation won't stop until the games are released in Japan.

10. Zora

Zora Who dies first?

In metagame self-learning means nothing. If they can learn it, they can learn it.

Contact=/=Physical. Remember Bone Rush and Posien sting make no contact yet are physical. EQ follows that pretty much.

11. In my opinion..
    Why would you give a damn?Why this argument?We will F***ing find out later.

12. duelistXmist

duelistXmist Johto Champion

I appericate you said Rant in the title :)
    Next,Doesn't hurt if people (Note. i didnt say nOObs cuz no1 is a nOOb :)...cept people who D/c frm wifi :( ........)say they're might be different types after they evolve because they're just takin a wild or good guess.

13. I think that Pocchama will gain Ice type while the rest will stay the same though the grass turtle could be ground.

14. booyah

booyah Banned

lol at grass / dragon sceppy

15. Alkaide

Alkaide Scary Faerie♥

I couldn't agree more. I don't get why rants are allowed in here. They just make no sense. And you're right, Gamefreak can do whatever they want with the game. The starters could be like that (the way you described it) if they wanted it like that. I think those are great ideas. But people need to stop posting rants!!!!!

16. Dunsparce

Dunsparce Well-Known Member

Grass/Ground: NO Ground is weak to water, thus breaking the Triangle
    Water/Ice: NO, because Grass is WEAK against Ice, so that also ruins the Triangle.

17. loonatic

loonatic Smart and sneaky

but Swampert became Ground and that made it even more weaker to Sceptile! so wat r u tryna say? that that wont happen?

i for one think Naetoru should be Grass/Rock wen it evolves!

18. Blitz

Blitz Beginning Trainer

Actually the triangle doesn't matter too much, you usually vs your rival about 5 times in the game.

In logic i guess that:
    The Grass one will become Grass/Rock (something new for the Grass starter),
    The Water one Water/Ice (something new for the Water starter) and the Fire one... I don't know...

Just based on what they are and what they look like...

19. chriswilliam92

chriswilliam92 Heat Trainer

I don't want pochama's evolutions to be water/flying because they are penguins and penguins can't fly.

20. Penguin

Penguin The Chappy Bunny

I have to agree with Zora on the penguin topic, seeing as people are still wanting Pocchama to be water/ice.

There are a few penguins that do not live in cold weather. To be honest, there are only two species of penguins that even live in Antarctica - out of seventeen different penguins, guys.

Also, who is to say that Pocchama's evolutions won't get bigger and broader wings? He may be able to fly then, so what does it matter?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006