• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rant - Starters' evolution second types

Zora

perpetually tired
but Swampert became Ground and that made it even more weaker to Sceptile! so wat r u tryna say? that that wont happen?

i for one think Naetoru should be Grass/Rock wen it evolves!

You can downgrade a Pokemon, not upgrade it when it comes to starters.

Okay, I am SICK of people putting two and two together to get something so stupid.

STOP saying that the starters will be have the 'other' elemental trio (Fighting, Psychic, and Dark) as a sub-type. You KNOW what I'm talking about. It WILL NOT work right.

How is that possible? All of the starters' evolutions from the original 3 generations had a second type that was added to their main type with it being physical.

Liek OMG~

Bulbasaur --> Venusaur (Grass/Poison [Poison, however, was considered a special type in R/G/B/Y because it was supposed to be Dark and was switched to physical in the G/S/C versions])

Charmander --> Charizard (Fire/Flying)

Torchic --> Combusken (Fire/Fighting)

Mudkip --> Marshtomp (Water/Ground)

The starters' evolutions need a PHYSICAL stab in order to do extra damage with their second typing. Meganium sucked with Body Slam/Earthquake, Typhlosion with Earthquake/Reversal, Feraligatr with Earthquake/Slash/Brick Break etc. due to not having a sub-type. Though sub-typing has drawbacks (double weaknesses) with either 'physical/physical', 'physical/special', 'special/special' and 'special/physical'.

So in turn, QUIT saying that the starters should have either Psychic, Dark and Fighting subbed onto their main types. It's stupid. Like I said, they don't get a physical stab to make them equal and rounded fighters.

one problem ....
in the first gen ,in other words, in venusars gen, poison was a special type, so originally venusaur was supossed to have two special types .(l did not played r/b/y ,but you said poison was special ,and the reason doesn't matter)

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
um i don't like your look on things
people are entitled to their own opinion and you can just be like it's stupid i beleive that the starters might be that D/F/P triangle..after they evolve..

Mitja

Veteran smartass
i dont think that they'll use second types that they already used for some starters (flying/gorund/fighting/poison)
they are goin to make hikozaru pure fire cause 1 is missing(;154;;254;;157;;160;;009;)
types that the starters could have as 2nd:
psychic,steel,rock,dark,ice
types they wont have:
ghost(nuh<.<),dragon(resist.to any starter),normal(they would give it to cyndaquil if they wanted to),bug(the grass starter is always reptile/dinosaur thingy),electric(doesnt sound good as starter type)

psy: could be used for any starter
dark:same
steel:works with fire/grass
rock: only works with water
ice:works with fire/grass

so when i look at the D/P starters i'd say that naetoru will have steel as 2nd
hikozaru pure fire (i they're planing to make the 2nd pure in the 5th gen then he's going to be psychic)
pochama psychic or dark

but thats just my theory =o

Last edited:

Fishing Guru

Stop watching...
Oh my god, JUST HOW could anyone of YOU PEOPLE know what subtypes they MIGHT have? VERY MUCH things are changed in D/P, so STOP ARGUING
about the subtypes, Booyah is pretty right in this thing, because WHO
REALLY CARES about the subtypes? NOBODY said you MUST train the STARTER Poké. Nobody.

Pochama's final evo could be Water/Psychic, Hikozaru's final evo could be Fire/Fight, and Naetoru's final evo could be Grass/Dark. COULD BE.

NOBODY of you can PROVE this thing, so STOP ARGUING!!

...It's even sicker than speaking about the subtypes.

Dunsparce

but Swampert became Ground and that made it even more weaker to Sceptile! so wat r u tryna say? that that wont happen?

i for one think Naetoru should be Grass/Rock wen it evolves!

You FAIL.

Water/Ground is still Resistant to Fire and weak against Grass. That DOES NOT break the Triangle.

Grass/Ground would loose its resistence to Water.

Grass/Rock would make it loose its Weakness to Fire along with its Resistance to Water, so that won't happen, either.

Water/Flying also wouldn't work, because it would loose its Weakness to Grass

lol @ Grass/Water Starter.

THis is how the Starters always work:

Grass one: Weak to Fire, Resistant to Water
Fire One: Weak to Water, Resistant to Grass
Water one: Weak to Grass, Restistant to Fire

LEARN YOUR TYPES, DAMMIT!

sam_h12

WHERE IS PIDGEOT?!
so what if naetle "breaks the triangle" with its subtype? so what? pocchama would break the triangle if it gained an ice- or flying-type to...

Blitz

Beginning Trainer
Starter Pok'emon break the triangle all the time, Water types can learn Ice moves making them strong against both other types in the triangle. They don't need to have type advantage, but it doesn't hurt if they break the triangle.

Trashure

Beginning Trainer
I personally think that Naetle will become Grass/Steel, and that's it for my predictions.

Black_Charizard

Fire Trainer
While I agree that they all shouldnt have Dark, Fighting, or Psychic as a second type some off your points are a bit off, besides when they do add a second type it's usually a type that is still super affective against the pokemon with it's type disadvantage like adding Flying to Charizard, thats a type thats still super effective against Grass or Groung to Swampert is another type super effective against Fire.

Black/Light

Oh my god, JUST HOW could anyone of YOU PEOPLE know what subtypes they MIGHT have? VERY MUCH things are changed in D/P, so STOP ARGUING
about the subtypes, Booyah is pretty right in this thing, because WHO
REALLY CARES about the subtypes? NOBODY said you MUST train the STARTER Poké. Nobody.

Pochama's final evo could be Water/Psychic, Hikozaru's final evo could be Fire/Fight, and Naetoru's final evo could be Grass/Dark. COULD BE.

NOBODY of you can PROVE this thing, so STOP ARGUING!!

...It's even sicker than speaking about the subtypes.

I completely agree. Why on earth would you go to a forum MADE to talk about predictions for this game and than complain about other people's predictions?

If you don't like people talking about how they think the starters evo's will turn out than either don't read those comments when you see where their trying to go with their statement or STFU and wait for the next news flood.

1. Your not GF so you don't know anything more than the rest of us and. . .
2. Don't complain about others voicing their opinions just because you don't agree/ like it. (To the first post and any other post that fits the mode)