1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rants About School (Version 2)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by DarkTyphlosion157, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since the other one got hit by a PK Starstorm Omega, diamondized and then absorbed by the darkness, I thought it would be OK to make another one of these for people to take out their hatred of the education system in. So basically, if you have any rants about school, post them here to share with other people who have had bad times during the process of eduction.

Sadly, I have nothing right now to rant about, until college starts in a couple of weeks or so of course, then you might find a few DT157 brand rants here.
    So for now, the OP is only going to be sitting back and reading theses with a bottle of Dr. Pepper. Rant away.

Btw, can anyone guess what I've been playing lately? ^_^;

2. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Uh, well, while not about school, my rant is about a problem stemming from school.

WHY DO SHOPS HAVE GIANT POSTERS EVERYWHERE SAYING "BACK TO SCHOOL DISCOUNTS" REMINDING US WE HAVETO GO BACK BEFORE WE'VE LEFT THE DAMN PLACE!

...calm down....

I really REALLY annoys me.

And that's about it. This thread would have done better if school was actually on.

3. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I guess this doesn't go in the Debate thread, if there's nothing to discuss. *shrug* Well, my rant about school...

I swear my principal's a Nazi, everyone does. She pretends to be nice, but she's not a very good principal when it comes to staying out of debt or something like that. She claims the school is "drug free", but we have kids at the school who are druggies, and the police are called here and there. This might be because many of the students came from a ghetto school nearby (supposedly it is). Oh, and she threatened to sue anybody who tries to get her fired :/. I don't know HOW she got "Principal of the Year".

Another thing is that five (count them, FIVE) math teachers quit over the summer. I don't know the origin why, but it must be either the pay, cirriculum, or the students themselves. It must be the students, as the ones in my Math Applications class are very, very rude, a vast majority anyway, if not a handful of bad apples who spoiled the bunch.

I'd mention last year's yearbook, but I'd rather not go there, unless one or two people read it in the paper somehow. I doubt it was on the news...

Oh, and what is it about sports being the number one priority in a high school instead of education? It bugs me.

I think that's all I have right now. Glad to get some things off my chest about high school.

4. Cousin_Dan

Cousin_Dan Banned

Well, the stupidity of the government astounds me.

In England all the Year 9s take tests called SATs (which by the way are pointless which is why wales got rid of them), it is really irritating because the English, Maths and Science teachers harass you about them for the entire year. At last we finally got them over with In May however the job of organising people to mark the papers was left to Ed Balls who is a complete incompetant S**t. He then organised some american company (I forget the name). It got to July and we still didn't have the papers back, there was big story about it in the news and everything. Not only that but some of the ones that were sent back were marked wrong and apparently someone even found sacks of unmarked SATs papers next to a river. Then I find out that people actually told Ed Balls not to hire that company because they were the cheapest possible option and they had already buggered up something else in the past that they were supposed to do but he ignored them. We had been stressing about these damn things all year and when we finally do them the our incompetant government goes and C***s everything up!!! I actually ended up drawing sketches in my timetable book of ways to kill Ed Balls which included putting a rat in his bed to give him bubonic plague, I got up to 18.

This kind of thing happens all the time too, a while back the government lost some discs which contained the personal information of thousands of people, and more recently they lost a memory stick that contains information on every single prisoner in the UK. It disgraceful, these criminals actually have grounds to sue the government. And whats more, people called for Ed Ball's resignation and he refused. Politicians have always been scum that's lower than a box of mouldy coco-pops on the evolutionary scale but at least thet used to have the decentsy to resign after they made a magor f*** up.

oh well, at least I can always hope that Ed Balls catches a painful and inoperable form of cancer.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  5. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

School...is blegh. It always feels a little overwhelming at the beginning of the year. I like seeing my friends, but I hate being too busy and I hate homework.

6. MaskedManAbsolkid

MaskedManAbsolkid Well-Known Member

There's many problems with Ed Balls hiring an American company. First off, the answers may be wrongly marked because of a difference in answers and knowledge. Secondly, he only hired them to save money, yet if he had've paid more, we could have more people passing. There are many problems with it. But to be honest, I wouldn't plan death threats against him. That's just going way too far.

Anyway, the one thing I hate about schools is some of the restrictions placed. For instance, being told where and what to eat. Sure, there's some obvious limits, but in many schools, there are idiotic limits (getting suspended for having a certain amount of food, having to eat in a certain place, and even not being allowed to eat with a certain amount of people). Don't tighten the rules of this, it's stupid and you could easily be focusing on the many other problems.

7. Mr. Mudkip

Mr. Mudkip Banned

I don't what people are talking about. Skewl started over a week ago for me.
    It's boring, and 3 1/2 hour football practices (american version) 6 days a week is starting to kill me. At least my english class and my art class are fun, makes up for honors geometry :p

8. Kakama

Kakama Loli Hunter

College is swell, we sit here all day on my laptop doing code and occasionally popping in to voice my opinions on forums like these because most imageboards are blocked with most Tor nodes banned. We get in trouble for doing non-work things in some classes because of an insane teacher guy, who tells us "IF YOU PAYED 9,000 DOLLARS A QUARTER WHY WOULD YOU WASTE TIME PLAYING GAMES AND BROWSING THE INTERNET?" The simple answer is "Because I'm paying you and I know this stuff already/finished the assignment." Yeah, that didn't fly.

What can I remember about high school, lessee... Heelies, yeah, teachers were not quite down with that. One of the most efficient forms of human transit in my opinion, but I suppose all the crippled and boring teachers got together to put a dent in my plan. At least the cop thought it was "pretty awesome".

9. How the hell was it that I got the difficult teacher that I'd thought I'd lost after sixth grade? What on this planet could have compelled her to teach eigth grade after a million years of sixth? The reason escapes me.

And of course the art teacher doesn't discriminate and thinks everything is "wonderful! except... etc." If she tells me I can get into an art high school and then says a blank sheet of paper is "excellent!" I don't know what to do.

And then we have a hurricane and the blessed School Board decides that we can be off for two days, and then OH WAIT we're only off one. Seriously, if you send home a paper that tells you school will be out two days and suddenly expect everyone to be watching television/listening to the radio, you need to screw the budget cuts and use a bit more ink on the papers you give us. You've already done a good job making a million extra copies of everything that just go to waste.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  10. Teenage Angst

Teenage Angst » Nostalgia «

School itself. Say you want to work in a pharmacy when you're older. What the hell is reviewing a bad book going to do for you? Absolutely nothing. Subjects need to change, be rearranged, change again, taught, learned, benefit society.

11. Cain Nightroad

Cain Nightroad Daydreaming

I go back Monday. And so I went to "open house" on Thursday night, and found I'm in this slut's mother's advisory. Turns out the slut (who likes me, unfortunately -_-) is in the same class, which I thought they would disallow due to her parent being the teacher. Yeah, somehow I figured it would turn out this year. Luckily, though, lots of my friends, as well as the girl I like are in the same class. I've got a good schedule, but man, I'm going to hate my advisory.

12. Golden Pure

Golden Pure Banned

You can't be completely sure if a book is going to be of any benefit or not. I've read some school books that have actually taught me invaluable lessons. I understand that you are trying to point out how some books that are assigned are of no benefit class-wise, but the whole idea of school is to learn. If a person can at least obtain some useful knowledge from the book, then I consider that learning.

As for me, the only reason why I don't like school is because it starts too early for me and my sinuses get worse there sometimes. I guess I should go to bed earlier, but I am an insomniac.

13. DarkMammoth

DarkMammoth Lover of silly memes

Alright, I've got a fun story to tell you all about my good-hearted, but incredibly insane language arts teacher.

So, we've only got a few days left of school, right? Suddenly, I notice my science text book is gone. This is bad, because a) that text book costs 60 bucks if I don't give it back by the end of year (which was in, like, 3 days) and b) it had my science homework, which, if I didn't turn it in, my grade would drop from an A to a B, and it had some of my final exam review sheets.

Now I'm searching frantically for this book. And I ask my language arts teacher if she's seen my text book. She said no. I remembered I borrowed a book from her for independent reading. So I put it back in her bookshelf. I turn my head. I see my textbook underneath her projector. My teacher had, without asking me, taken my text book to use it to prop up her projector.

Her response when I showed her the book? "OH, you found it! :D"

Yeah. This is the best first post ever. Hello everyone.

14. SapphireMyuu

SapphireMyuu Active Member

I'm not sure if it's just my school system or everybody’s, but they made us get up earlier and earlier. Elementary school started at 9 (good old days), Middle school 8:15, and High school starts at 7. Would it kill them to just pick a time to and stay with it?!

15. Locke Yggdrasill

Locke Yggdrasill Eustis on reddit

It's to build character obv.

I like my school tbh. I'm pretty much at the top and I like all of my classes, so things really don't get much better.

16. DarkMammoth

DarkMammoth Lover of silly memes

They need the schools to open at different times so the buses can pick up all the kids at different times.

17. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

In my school district, the elementaries, the middle school, and the high school all start school on the same time, usually. I don't think it makes too much of a difference. Then again, those of us in high school typically drive.

18. kirby8933083

kirby8933083 mai husbando

They must do that b/e little kids don't wake up so well. I went to a private school my whole life. And they had k-8th grades. And the day started a 8:00 for everyone. Not that bad, but you had to be at the class room and un-packed by 8:15. Which was hard, I had to wake up at 6:30 b/e I lived 45 mins away from school. :p Terrible. I don't even want to know what my new stupid high school starts at. It would make it even worse.

19. Interwebz

Interwebz Cool story, bro

BAAAWW SCHOOL SUX BAAWWW

It bugs me that upperclassmen feel the need to get on their damn high horse and teach me a "lesson". Like they have the right to look down on me since I'm a freshman. Parading around with their "YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS FRESH FISH" bull crap. Eh, maybe it's just me. I absolutely hate people who try and dominate **** and act like it's their damn territory.

20. profpeanut

profpeanut Well-Known Member

Term exams.

There is nothing more to say...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.