• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rants About School (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well,i start monday. my sceduale is not that different,but ill be taking 2 new classes,spanish and health. im still wondering if my classmates are the same or different ones. that annoying PE teacher from elementry ill be having again,but thats about the only bad thing about this year.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
School won't be so bad this year, because of our options.

All the idiots will have picked different subjects to me, and a lot of the subjects are streamed, so I should be in classes with either the smarter kids, or ones that actually want to do the subject there in. In theory.

Three problems:

1. One of my subjects, art is viewed as an easy option (because the people that do, didn't listen to the guaranteed half hour of homework per day warning...).

2. Some subjects are mandatory but not streamed, so I will still be with uncooperative thickos for them (including PE/The-ground-is-uh...-too-wet-lets-all-play-football-instead).

3. Even in streamed classes, there are a few twits. One girl, in top set for maths, science AND languages though japanese people spoke japanisch, and asked the science teacher how do recycling boxes work. She talks through the whole lesson and the teacher spent half an hour explaining one thing to her.

Perhaps I should be a little more tollerent of stupid people...

The Sarge

look into my eyes...
I actually kind of like school, I get to see my friends I have there.

However, I do have a few rants.

One, I hate how teachers make homework win or lose things, and don't accept any reason. One time I left my book at home with my homework in it, and the homework was from the book, so she gave me a 0 for the homework. Other times I spend so much time doing other homework I don't have time to do other classes, which screws me over.

I have some more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

encas

Come to me...
I'm not sure if it's just my school system or everybody’s, but they made us get up earlier and earlier. Elementary school started at 9 (good old days), Middle school 8:15, and High school starts at 7. Would it kill them to just pick a time to and stay with it?!

Actually, I don't know why this is, but I've read that these kind of schedules aren't good for teens. For me, waking up at 6:00 AM and going to bed at around 9:00 PM on school days leaves me tired in school (and not just first bell mind you; usually it's worst in the middle of the school day for me). Naturally, I fell asleep a few times in class last year, but I'm trying to control it this year.

Anyways, case and point, my math teacher (specifically, my Algebra I teacher if that means anything to any of you) is a calculator Nazi. She says we can't use calculators until second semester, and that junior high (I'm in 9th grade/year/whatever/pancake) made us "dumber" by letting us use calculators all the time, and that she'll make us "smarter" by making us use our brains. But I have an obvious problem. I can't even do long multiplication, and I bet I'm not alone in my classroom, even though it's supposedly an "honors" class (above average but not quite accelerated)! Say anything you want about the school system not doing its job, but that doesn't change the fact that I (we?) can't do long multiplication.

Oh well, at least my teachers are better than last year's... (my math teacher last year made everyone who did a piece of homework that I didn't for some reason stand up; I was the only one who was sitting down who wasn't absent that day). My language arts teacher was also kinda confusing, but nice, but I think I've got the world's nicest person teaching me English this year (her room is cold, so she keeps sweaters back there in case we get chilly)!

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
the fact th\t smart groups have to work hard whilst the lower groups get easy stuff and are barely even catching uyp like they should be, i say there should be a month of doing nothing for top groups and the lower groups do top group stuff to catch up

Kakama

Loli Hunter
Er, to establish, the school start times are different because the same buses are generally used for both an elementary, middle and high school, and they have to make the rounds and start the kids off before they go for the next lot. Teens and high school types are more adept at waking up earlier so you get the blunt end of the stick. But at least you get out earlier.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
It's alright....thought there is a few things to say....

1) No friends...and I have a lot of trouble making friends...

2) HAve to wake up so early that I don't see the sun c oming up

3) My lunch time is....12:34 pm....IT SUCKS>.>

aquasuicune

Eh. I don't know why I thought things might be different, but my class is still mostly a bunch of idiots.

Dragonite14

The lunch schedule last year and the year were stupid. In sixth and seventh grade I had to eat at 10:30 in the morning, and if we had an assembly, 10:02. Most people were hungry at the end of the day, and we couldn't bring snacks.

This year looks good so far except for my P.E. teacher. She's an old b**** that no one likes.

PokeDude101

Hellooo Soul Silver!
I Dont mind school for the most part but i live in Massachusetts So this year (My Sophomore year) We have to take MCAS (Mass. Comprehensive assessment system) Tests and if i fail i cant graduate until i pass but i should be fine its just a pain.
Oh and sexist teachers who hate boys cuz there all that stereotypical trouble making sex driven type of boy.:p

Ok all done

Soul Dew

<----------ualelele
My school year (senior in high school) is all right, but it has its flaws. For whatever reason, they merged the two lunch periods into one which makes lunch time crowded. Worse, it's only an hour long and that means long lines since we have 1200 kids or so. On the bright side, I can talk to a friend of mine who I met last year and he's a freshman now.

The only courses that are giving me some hard time are Civics AP and English IV AP. Mostly, it's because we have to write essays like every other week from the looks of it. The worst part is that I have to read two books that I was supposed to read for the summer. I ended up choosing books from the wrong list since I was looking only on the twelfth grade page and the ones I was supposed to read were on the eleventh grade page. If they copy-pasted the info on the twelfth grade page as well, I wouldn't be in this rut. Thankfully, my teacher is giving me the time to read them and believes that I made a genuine mistake. When the librarians get ready to print up the summer reading lists again, I'm going to ask them if they can print the information on that page so they won't an accident like me again.

Everything else is great though. I like my Calculus AP teacher who's the head of the math department. My Physics H teacher is cool. Religion IV is alright so far, but the most of the smart kids aren't in there and they were last year which made last year's class much more enjoyable.

Spanish III H is easily my favorite of all my classes. I have the same teacher from last year, and it's a small class. PE is okay. All I have to do is dress out and walk around if I don't feel like playing a sport (which will happen A LOT).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Going back to school for me won't be as bad this year considering:

1. Most of this summer has been completely boring.

and

2. I'm taking all the courses I want to take (BTW, I'm going into 11th grade):Christian Justice (I go to a Catholic School and this is the required religion course), Honors PreCalculus, AP Statistics, Honors Physics, AP US History, and American Lit. As you can see, 4/6 of these are Honors and AP classes, which means I'll be mostly away from the idiots at my school (you'd be surprised how many idiots there are at a private school) and I'll be learning at the right pace.

My only two problems are:

1. The normal classes (non-Honors) are 1000000000000000000 times as stupid as Honors/AP classes, so if you get moved down, you learn far less and it hurts badly, since in some cases, if you get moved down, there's no getting back up. Also, the fact that the idiots like to use as many normal classes as possible (especially ones with bad teachers) as extra free periods, you learn even less.

2. The whole of the English department. It is poorly organized, becomes useless after 9th or 10th grade, and is in general full of fail. The department head is an *****, none of the Honors teachers bother to help you with writing, the normal teachers teach you this impractical writing style that you have to master to get an A or B (the only thing that kept me at a C last year), and they have a horrible system of sorting students into Honors or normal classses.

Chii

First Time Cosplayer
My Rant About My School, Is My Principle. Its almost as if hes always watching us. everytime the class is noisy he comes in and gets mad, but when we are quiet, he never comes. (This is while the teacher is gone)
Also i hate how they have school start so early. Since i go to a French Catholique School, school starts at 7:30am -_-

~Chii~

ninny13

Well this year is my senior year in high school & since I'm a twin, my brother and I have been in the same homeroom for a few years. But this year, they cut the homeroom's right in between us two that way he's the last person alphabetically in his homeroom & I'm the first in mine. And we have the same friends so 2 of our best friends are in MY homeroom, so I feel bad for him. I don't understand why they can't just add ONE more person to a homeroom.. whatever.
Also, my school has around 3500 students, which is over 1000 students per grade (grades 10-12) so there is never any room to walk anywhere. We have different pods in the school and one of the busiest pods is the E-Pod (which is where the rooms E1-Ewhatever are) and it takes about 3 minutes to get through & considering we have 4 minutes to get from classes, you're gonna be late, which teachers don't tolerate. They always tell you to "figure out some way to get here faster" but it's obviously impossible.
Whatever. I'm not looking forward to school that much..

XxSaintx

I go back Monday. And so I went to "open house" on Thursday night, and found I'm in this slut's mother's advisory. Turns out the slut (who likes me, unfortunately -_-) is in the same class, which I thought they would disallow due to her parent being the teacher. Yeah, somehow I figured it would turn out this year. Luckily, though, lots of my friends, as well as the girl I like are in the same class. I've got a good schedule, but man, I'm going to hate my advisory.
Theres a slut that likes you and your complaining? Jesus Christ you should atleast try to take advantage of her.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Continuing my rants about English (I could probably write an entire book of rants), I will now explain what I meant in my first post by explaining everything chronologically. It all started in 8th grade with my English teacher (who is also the Assistant Principal) not teaching us how to write well. He just made us write these stupid and random writing assignments that didn’t help at all. So I went on to keep sucking at essays into the 10th grade.

Then, when I graduated and went to high school, they put me in Honors English despite my C average 8th grade. I later found out that this was because the only requirements were based on standardized test scores, which IMO is a horrible way to determine Honors. The same thing happened with Honors History that year. Since I didn’t know what I could do about it, I stayed in both classes ,nearly failed Honors English, and moved down in both (although at that point, I took a liking to History and was disappointed in moving down). After Honors World History was AP World.

In 10th grade, I suffered the “consequences” (which weren’t completely my fault) of 9th grade. After moving down in Honors History, I became determined to get back into AP, and through all of the essays in that class, I got good enough to move back into AP US. English was far different, however. My teacher was horrible. The writing style that was taught was completely impractical. They dictated how every sentence should be written and said you had to write exactly three paragraphs. This p*ssed me off to no end, as I believe any writing style should be accepted as long as it follows the basic rules. The worst part was that failure to follow the guidelines resulted in a C or D. Despite that, I refused to write that way but still passed because of everything else.

This year, I am in AP US, which I should be able to handle now that I’ve learned how to write, and American Literature, which basically the same writing style except now we get to write four (Yippee!)
paragraphs. On top of that, I have to write a term paper!

But now that I know how to write, English is starting to seem more and more useless. The only thing were learning about is so-called “Great Literature” for the rest of our high school career. Simply learning about literature is useless and boring. Once you learn how to read and write essays and all that, English becomes pointless and boring. I loathe the fact that English is required all four years of high school.

So that’s the end of my long rant about school.

Jirachibow

#1 Munchlax Fan
Well I have some...

I strongly dislike my music teacher*coughhatecough*, because I quit the band due to I had to work on Mondays which were the junior bands practice day. So whenever I asked a question he ignores me purposely, and one time he took my sax to be repaired and never told me so I kept telling him it wasn't there and he said he never knew where it was, so then when i go home, my mom calls and says she called him and said he said he sent it out for repair. I felt like telling him he was being a *****, but never did, he would just explode if I did,plus I'd get in trouble. XD

Topaz Archer

TheWorldIsQuietHere
My Geometry teacher doesn't teach us anything, so when he gives homework, I don't get it at all.

And when we turn in our homework, he doesn't correct it. He just gives credit for doing it. I have no clue if what I'm doing is right or not.

And my Honors English teacher has a really harsh cheating policy. Basically, if you cheat you get a 0 on that assignment and a 0 on a test with a high amount of points. So if you cheat, you basically fail the class.
And he's given us 2 essays in the first week of school.

I'm scared.

But, my Honors Biology teacher is awesome, and I love my Speech class. We just goof off in Speech, and the teacher knows me really well.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
My Geometry teacher doesn't teach us anything, so when he gives homework, I don't get it at all.

And when we turn in our homework, he doesn't correct it. He just gives credit for doing it. I have no clue if what I'm doing is right or not.

My Honors Chemistry teacher was somewhat like that last year. She mainly did lectures most classes. When we had lecture (Day 4 in our 6 day rotating schedule), she would give out some homework (usually a worksheet or two or a few textbook questions) that was due Day 2, and 99% of the time, she just gave us credit for doing it. We were all so lazy that she had to curve everything so we don't fail. We also had quite a few open book tests.

Cursed Rayquaza

Dragon Lover
@ encas: Hide a calculater in your pencil bag, that's what I do! You pretend to be rummaging for a pencil, and use the calculater.

Well, I don't like school, but my math teacher of last year left! She was a good teacher, but only if you could keep up with her. She also had a "No Calculaters" policy. I got tired of that real quickly. Everything else was ok. Our principal... is just stupid. She blames us and the teachers for all her problems. She never takes responsibility for anything. It frustrates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.