• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rants About School (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drake13

Ryukishi
How exactly does finishing school relate to getting a 35-dollar game that you can buy for half the price of some YooGayHoh cards? o_0

no, no, no...u don't get it...it's not the price, the TIME....

No school today...Yay.

Another rant,there is this *** named Billy who appaerently has no life. I swear to god he still called me a girl even though i cut my hair. Dumb **** sould be nailed to the cross.

Random hatred aside,This week and next week(this week has only 4 days,next has 3) Are the last weeks of school. My grades are in passing range,so i dont have to worry about flunking. Though Science is a D.

Dattebayo

Banned
Today, I brought my books (Math, Science, and History) to school to turn them in for what my English teacher told me to do. I did it, but that is one big mistake I've ever made. It turns out that my Algebra 2 class still has homework where it requires you to copy a certain number of prolems from the Math book to a piece of paper. Not only that, My History teacher gave us a study guide that requires using the History book and my Science Teacher might do the same. This got me really angry, and frustrated, about what I did. I ended getting all depressed saying stuff like "My life fails" and "I don't deserve to live anymore". :(

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Today, I brought my books (Math, Science, and History) to school to turn them in for what my English teacher told me to do. I did it, but that is one big mistake I've ever made. It turns out that my Algebra 2 class still has homework where it requires you to copy a certain number of prolems from the Math book to a piece of paper. Not only that, My History teacher gave us a study guide that requires using the History book and my Science Teacher might do the same. This got me really angry, and frustrated, about what I did. I ended getting all depressed saying stuff like "My life fails" and "I don't deserve to live anymore". :(

Did you tell your Math and History teachers that you turned in your books because your English teacher told you to? If not, that's a good idea. It's not your fault, and you shouldn't have to take the fall for it, really. You were misinformed and doing what you were told.

Today I got back my FAFSA information, which is for federal financial aid.

Apparently, a kid who's family is only barely surviving on Unemployment and where no one in their house has a job isn't eligible for financial aid.
However, my friend who's parents BOTH make about $100k a year EACH is eligible for the government to completely pay for his entire four years of school.

Anyone else see the problem here? So, in short, I can't go to college because I can't even afford to pay for one damn book. There goes the few hopes and dreams I had in life. FML.

Edit;; apparently, I can't spell eligible. *FACEPALM*

Last edited:
read 100 Years of Solitude in a Week
Not that hard, it's a good book, you should be able to finish it in a couple of days.

Today I got back my FAFSA information, which is for federal financial aid.

Apparently, a kid who's family is only barely surviving on Unemployment and where no one in their house has a job isn't eligible for financial aid.
However, my friend who's parents BOTH make about $100k a year EACH is eligible for the government to completely pay for his entire four years of school.
1.-You can't be in school for free, the government will only give you the FAFSA if someone of your family provides a useful service to society in that moment.(This sounds discriminatory, but it's a fair rule)
2.200k of yearly income is what the average middle low-class family gets, so it's not that much(Considering that the minimum pay is $5 per hour, $5x8hours of work=40. 40 bucks daily. If you work around 240 days yearly you make around 9k-11k yearly )

Anyone else see the problem here? So, in short, I can't go to college because I can't even afford to pay for one damn book. There goes the few hopes and dreams I had in life. FML.

Did you ever took in account that if you get very good grades in school or be awesomely good in a sport you can get a discount-like deal at school where the school pays somewhere between 30-100% of the price? (This is what I plan to do)
Btw, the first thing you should do is stop being so pessimistic, it affects your brain and consequently, your life.

Taking that aside:

The point behind the uniforms is to avoid perverts(read as 80% of the teens) to do or even think of sex (Though, there is a certain fetish around schoolgirls, so that renders the rule useless).

Personally I have no problem with revealing clothes, I just ignore it for the sake of myself, if I get distracted with it, my concentration in school sips out, if the concentration sips I get low grades, if I get low grades I won't be able to study medicine, no medicine school = sad me

Last edited:

Ammako

Alright, I've got a fun story to tell you all about my good-hearted, but incredibly insane language arts teacher.

So, we've only got a few days left of school, right? Suddenly, I notice my science text book is gone. This is bad, because a) that text book costs 60 bucks if I don't give it back by the end of year (which was in, like, 3 days) and b) it had my science homework, which, if I didn't turn it in, my grade would drop from an A to a B, and it had some of my final exam review sheets.

Now I'm searching frantically for this book. And I ask my language arts teacher if she's seen my text book. She said no. I remembered I borrowed a book from her for independent reading. So I put it back in her bookshelf. I turn my head. I see my textbook underneath her projector. My teacher had, without asking me, taken my text book to use it to prop up her projector.

Her response when I showed her the book? "OH, you found it! :D"

Yeah. This is the best first post ever. Hello everyone.

You should have shot your teacher.

lugia100

Like a boss!
Ranting time yay!
On the topic of revealing clothes, we had a casual dress day last week, and 2 people in my class wore sleeveless tops, and it looked wrong, and one of them is called Ryan (lol).
This Ryan kid never behaves. He talks all the time, throws paper planes and never does his work. He also had something in his bag that stunk really bad. It was so bad, I was going to vomit.

Some other person had rotten punkin in his bag, and their were flies in it.

I also got exams coming up, and I have never been given so much homework in my life. Add least I have all weekend to study.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
My Health teacher is the stupidest person I've ever met, personally.

Right now, I have an effin' D+ because I forgot to hand in ONE homework assignment. I'm in Honors otherwise.

He teaches things nobody cares about, he has us doing THREE different projects at the same time right now, he passes out huge packets every day...

And he says "um" for every other word. Once he said it seven times in a row.

>.>

But, I don't have it as bad as some of you guys do. I feel really sorry for all the people in bad schools with complete morons around every corner.

Peace.

larynx

I've been missing a few days of school here and there due to research field trips for my Ecology class. It's been my yearlong project, and the research just culminated in a presentation in front of members of 6 high schools and quite a few Forestry employees, and even the science coordinator for my district. Now I've got a science coordinator who wants to get me all of these scholarships, though they probably won't work for where I want to go. Apparently the main district office is so happy and they're all talking about the presentation.
All my teachers have respect for what I've been doing, except for one. For some odd reason, she finds it so difficult to give me work from the day I missed it, and sometimes won't let me make things up, says I don't have to. She doesn't have a good memory track record, as far as grades go, so I'm concerned about my grade.
My dad schedules a meeting, and tells my stepmom to go along (she works for the district, and I really didn't want her to come), so we have this meeting.
I find out that yes, I am passing. Then, my teacher goes on this random tangent.
She starts making sh*t up about me, blatantly lying right in front of my face, calling me selfish, non-participatory, and intolerant. My parents always tell me to keep my mouth shut, so I thought it'd be best to just not say anything wile it was happening.
I went home and told my dad she was lying, but it suddenly becomes MY fault for not saying anything to her. wtf.
My dad just acted like it was some life lesson, and was practically yelling at me about it.

Thursday and Friday were definitely not good days to wake up.

P.S.OH SWEET JESUS. School's almost out. YES.

larynx

1.-You can't be in school for free, the government will only give you the FAFSA if someone of your family provides a useful service to society in that moment.(This sounds discriminatory, but it's a fair rule)
2.200k of yearly income is what the average middle low-class family gets, so it's not that much(Considering that the minimum pay is $5 per hour, $5x8hours of work=40. 40 bucks daily. If you work around 240 days yearly you make around 9k-11k yearly ).

How is 200k a year average lower middle class income?
The average is about $50-60,000, from what I've seen. The numbers you're giving don't add up, 9k-11k, does not come near 200k.
Also, I live in a state where minimum wage is like, 8 or 9 bucks, so $5 seems a bit outrageous to me.

How is 200k a year average lower middle class income?
The average is about $50-60,000, from what I've seen. The numbers you're giving don't add up, 9k-11k, does not come near 200k.
Also, I live in a state where minimum wage is like, 8 or 9 bucks, so $5 seems a bit outrageous to me.
Yeah, no kidding! Lower middle class is like, 40k and below, and middle class is above that and like, to 100k? Once you make 100k you can be considered upper middle class, but all of these classes also depend on where you live.

xLilith

Genesis
o_O
I could seriously go on all day.

Let's start with the lunch ladies.

Stupid lunch ladies who give opened lunches.
Stupid lunch ladies who scream at you for taking a fork.
Stupid lunch ladies who cleans the table - but leaves the mess on your shirt.

Kids.

Oh my god.

Kindergarteners who curse, kick your legs, bite, and pretty much break books.

And my school recently had this program, err, "book buddies".
I got assigned to this little boy who blows in my face everytime he can't pronounce a word o_O

Boy: How do yuuuu pronance dis?
Me: Eeh - tah - lee.
Boy: Oh, th*blows in face*anks.

-_-;;

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Meh, this isn't that dead, I reckon I can post.

1. The school computers downloaded malware onto my USB.

2. Aditional Mathematics Pilot GSCE.
It's a ridiculous new GCSE the exam boards are testing.
All the questions come under one of four types:

Ridiculouly easy: Complete this sequence, 10, 20, 30, __. Or, you get an extra mark for comparing your answers between two questions. When you do the questions, you realise you are getting a mark for saying 21 = 21.
Stupidly long: Some questions involve a simple but long formula, and doing the same formula with different values. Takes ages, but gets little marks. :(
Obscure: For some questions, you don't even know what they are asking. Nor does the teacher, who hasn't been given the syllabus. He knows as much as we do about this stuff, although that's not his fault. In the end, he says "Right, the mark scheme says the answer is this. Er... How might they have go this answer from the question?"
Impossible: Sometimes, there is no answer. Go find me a formula in the form xn(n-y)^z that gives you 0 when n is 1, and 8 when n is anything else.

It's stupid, though if we do well, it's a free GCSE!

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
you want rant of equal epicnessness?!?!?!?

there's some to gobble on:

hate exams to death. Hate them with a burning passion.
stupid jocks, they are soooooo dumb, i really don't like them.

HATE BAND TEACHER HATE BAND TEACHER HATE BAND TEACHER TO A MILLION BUCKS.

im not even in band, and thats how bad she is.

i like school mostly, though.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
I finished finals today. I'm out for summer.

Thank God I'm done with Art. **** that class. I could care less. Our Art teacher is illiterate and knows nothing about the subject. Me and another guy were the two last people with the test, he waited until five minutes 'til the bell to ask the teacher a question just for him to reply with a jerkface answer.

Sucks that about half the teachers that I had this year are leaving.

The only complaint for school right now is... the games that teachers play that have to do with the subject. -.-' I DON'T like playing a math game to pass the time when we could have free time to talk to our friends or watch a movie like other teachers do... it's boring. I almost fell asleep today. :p (End of the Year nothingness. XD Knott's Berry Farm next Friday and 8th grade promotions after that~ Woot. ^u^)

Last edited:

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Being involved in the school's Gifted and Talented Program--I got called up at 7 am in the morning because I have to prepare for our Scavenger Hunt challenge with the others >.<

...I ended up having sore muscles when I woke up this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.