• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rants About School (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I drew a dagger in art class, then the teacher saw it so I got sent to school psychiatrist, FOR DRAWING A KNIFE LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF HOMOCIDAL MANIAC serously they worry about the smallest damn things :mad:

Last edited:
I drew a dagger in art class, then the teacher saw it so I got sent to school psychiatrist, FOR DRAWING A KNIFE LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF HOMOCIDAL MANIAC serously they worry about the smallest damn things :mad:

Well in 8th grade I was deemed Suicidal by my counselor/teachers because of a doodle my friend made. It was a tombstone with my name on it and said: "Kaede - The girl no one noticed die."

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
At above two posters.

Although I haven't done it yet (I think it's 6th form work), the art department literally tells you to do stuff like that. There's tons of emo art on the walls, ranging from depressed sayings to blood covered sinks.

And with the peotry we read in English, I'm not surpised they're all so depressed.

Last edited:

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Last day of school, 13th of May; kinda a scary thought really. I mean, you spend 7 years complaining about the place, but when it actually comes to leave you know you're going to miss the place. Working hard atm, A-levels start mid may. I need a minimum of 3 A's for my uni of choice, but really I should be getting 4 and a half A's, (I count AS additional further maths as half, seeing as it's only an AS) and a B in biology if I put the work in.

I gave this year 8 a lunchtime detention the other day (prefects can do that). He was throwing random bits of food in the canteen. Normally, I wouldn't bother, but then he threw his knife and it nearly hit me in the head. Turns out he's been given a saturday morning detention by his head of year; serves him right, the little jackass.

Our teachers have gone into overdrive now we're so close to the exams. We're doing past papers and mocks by the bucketload. It' quite a stressful time, but it'll all be worth it come august when the exam results come out. Looking forward to my 3 and a half month summer holidays before Uni :).

PlexOnFire

Coursework. OHMYGOD.

The shear amount you get in the last two years of school is horrendous. Because I like to go out with my friends like everyday, I have only the nights to do work. Which leaves me and im sure thousands of other pupils stuck doing work on the weekends or thorugh the night. It is really bad and I dont see any reason for it to exist.

I'd much rather have a end of term test every term to check on how we are doing instead. Much easier and gives us time at home where we dont have to study or anything.

firestar319

The Marauder
I cannot stand the way my art teacher grades things. All our grades are based upon how she wants us to do the artwork. Even if we include or don't include something that would make the artwork better, if it doesn't look good in her eyes, it doesnt look good at all. I don't even know how she grades art. Shouldn't art be graded by the artist's viewpoint and the viewvoint of others and not just hers?

Alloute

Not Banned
School is cool, it's just a place designed for children to gain knowledge. You meet with friends there and you have good experiences there sometimes, I have no complaints.

So, because I'm an idiot, I'm not going to be graduating this year.
Why?
I can't get a C in my Vocational course.
For those who don't know what a Vocational is, its a course that trains you in a specific field.
My Vocational is Cisco Networking. Being the idiot I am, I can't pass the tests that Cisco writes for us. The coursework and tests are completely different from eachother. I can do the work (with the exception of Subnetting...ugh), I just can't pass the tests.

So I can't graduate.
Because I'm an idiot.
I shouldn't have ever taken it.
Because I'm an idiot.
Whoshouldn'tbehere.
/self-bashing

------------------------------------

We had our school musical this weekend.
I haven't slept in three days because of it.
It went off pretty well all three days, minus an error here or there.
I was the only senior not crying after the final performance, though.
I was also the only Senior stage crew member not mentioned in the gift ceremony.
Everyone thinks I'm a freshman.
Good times.

tempeststorm34

In general, I do not like the concept of school. As of now, I don't believe that children learn much in public schools, besides being indocrinated in immoral beliefs. I think that many people involved in the public school system should be fired and replaced with more capable people. Anyways, I could go on, but I won't. Those are just my opinions, and I'm not trying to offend anyone. I think that many children should be homeschooled instead of left in the presents of unscrupulous teachers and bullies at their schools. Maybe then children could learn things that their parents would teach them that are important later in life, such as social skills and child care, which children do not learn at school and most likely will never learn, as their too busy memorizing obscure historical dates and text messaging their friends late at night. And maybe then we could have smarter voters and kinder, gentler nation.
Yeah, I think I'd better stop there in my tl;dr rant. *Runs*

random guardian

Get your flame on!
some teachers dont understand. I took a test that if you wrote on it when time ran out the teaacher would give you a zero. It was a square root test(i am in 8th grade -.-)and i thought there was no time limit so when the time ran out i was like oh shiz i forgot to wright my name so i did and the teacher gave me a zero. later he asked why i gave my self a zero. i wouldent get a grade anyways because my name wasent on it duh.

somedays...

kyle_hyde_215

My english teacher is such a terrible marker she gave me a D for my first draft i handed it in exactly the same as my 1st draft she gave me a C then when it got moderated it put all the up to a B which makes no sense.
Our physics teacher cant control the class in the two years we've had with him we haven't learnt much and our exams are in a couple of weeks

Spookz

Lumos
Maybe then children could learn things that their parents would teach them that are important later in life, such as social skills and child care, which children do not learn at school
If I hadn't have gone through public school, I doubt I'd have social skills. Really. Not only did I make friends, but I learned how to deal with less-than-reasonable higher ups (teachers, administration, etc.) something that has helped me greatly.
As far as child care is concerned, many schools do have classes that cater to such desired needs. Besides, there are plenty of parenting classes outside of school- really, I doubt a 14 year old will remember all they learned in a home economics class once they're in the late 20's or 30's anyway.
But, you know, whatever.

Alloute

Not Banned
If I hadn't have gone through public school, I doubt I'd have social skills. Really. Not only did I make friends, but I learned how to deal with less-than-reasonable higher ups (teachers, administration, etc.) something that has helped me greatly.
As far as child care is concerned, many schools do have classes that cater to such desired needs. Besides, there are plenty of parenting classes outside of school- really, I doubt a 14 year old will remember all they learned in a home economics class once they're in the late 20's or 30's anyway.
But, you know, whatever.

True, social skills are needed in life, school is a great place to develope them^_^

Public schools rock, Christian schools.....nevermind.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
Aaaaaaaaaa. It's fu*kin CSTs tomorrow. I'm staying in an annoying class. :( We're doin Language arts and Science. I was too lazy to review.

To the person for all home-schooling:

There's a hugeee gap in your logic there.
Parents would have different ideas about what would be the most important things to teach their kids, meaning all kids would be taught different things in different ways, where a parent can hinder the child's learning. Such as, if the parent isn't that good at math, they most likely won't teach their kid much math, thus making the child unprepared for math-based ideas in the real world.

Then there's where values come in.
In schools, you get exposed to new ideas and values, learning from others and their experiences. In an all home-schooled environment, a child would most likely only be exposed to the values of their family, becoming even more judgemental of others than most are today. Parents would also have a larger part in who their child's friends are, mainly picking them for them.

In schools, children get to socialize and are introduced to failure. Everyone fails, even if you say you don't. Ijustfailmorethanmostpeoplehaha. You learn that when you fail, there's going to be someone who does a little better than you, and you can learn from them how to better yourself. In a home-school environment, there's no room for failure. You're taught a little material, then what? You can't compare your work with other students, unless you have siblings, who are most likely learning something else at the time. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Then there's the chance that, hell, your parents are idiots. My mom, for instance. She doesn't even know how to boil water, why the hell would I want someone like HER teaching me the basics? No freakin' way.

Some teachers aren't that good in schools, I know that well.
But, then there's the teachers you remember forever. My AP US History teacher from last year, for example. He taught History in a way that made it seem like it was coming to life right before us, where he made us WANT to come to class the next day, just to find out what happened next. I'm never gonna forget him. I've had other great teachers in the past, they helped me to learn things and love things that I probably wouldn't have if I'dve had another teacher.

There's a couple of pro's to homeschooling, though...I don't really consider them pro's, but eh.
-You can control what your child sees and does. In school, its up to the teacher to mold what they see.
-If you want your child to continue on in a family business, its easier to teach them that way.

Most of these homeschool pieces I've learned from my friends who are homeschooled (a grand total of three). They hate it, but their parents insist that all you learn in schools is how to be druggies and to kill yourself.
Which is not true.
Yes, there's those types of people, but if you TRUST your damn kid, they hopefully have a little something called COMMON SENSE to stay away from those types of people.

Zetta Awesome

School, I love it, but it doesn't love me back.

The one thing that gets to me at school is the pressure to do well and to get into college. I have a significant amount of pressure on me as I am a second generation immigrant and want to succeed to be able to help my parents who lived through genocidal times in Cambodia when they were my age. Everyday I feel swamped from the work required by my AP courses. May will be an horrible month for me, AP Tests-Hopefully I do well on these and get the college credit, Standardized Tests- I don't think you can fail these unless you try, and this saturday I've got the big one, the SAT, which sadly is the same day as my birthday-best birthday present ever >_<

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
... My school might be closing next week... cuz of swine flu... a school like 10 mins away got infected... then we might need to close are school for the week... it sucks bec we need to pay off the time by adding one more week to our school year... :(

Azurne

~ ♥ ~
MATLAB.

I hate thee. Passionately.

And yet I must live with you for the rest of my career. Why? ;.;

Not to mention I'm having problems with Calculus. Integrals weren't a problem at first, but now... it got complicated. T_T *stuffs face in book*

yeminied

My computer teacher is such a crazy b***h. For my report she gave my homework a satisfactory, which is an average (these reports are only to show your parents how you're going at the start of the year), yet for one of the few bits of homework she gave us she commended me on my work. I mean how crazy could you get.

And then she gave us this assignment that was to be completed at school and at home if it wasn't finished. I worked so hard, staying up late to finish it. I spent hours working on it, perfecting and she gave me a f***ing merit which is an above average grade. No wonder EVERYONE in my class hates her giving us all bad marks and bad reports.

I better stop now or I will carry one for ages.

P.S. I hope no one ever has to endure a second with her again, how can her husband stand her.

... My school might be closing next week... cuz of swine flu... a school like 10 mins away got infected... then we might need to close are school for the week... it sucks bec we need to pay off the time by adding one more week to our school year... :(

*FACEPALM*
People are blowing this WAY out of proportion.
ITS JUST THE FLU.
THAT'S ALL IT IS!
People are acting like this has never happened before.
If people would actually think, they would know this same exact thing happened in the '70s, and the main reason people died was from the vaccine.
The same number of people who die from the regular flu is very close to the number of people who die from Swine flu.
People are just blowing this way out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.