1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rape: Can a person who was raped enjoy the experience?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by The Director, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Director

The Director Ancient Trainer

Basic background on the roots of this subject.

A friend on facebook was complaining about a line from a T.V. show (the shows Misfits by the way).

The line was, "I feel like I've been raped and not in a good way."

Now I suggested that maybe the character saying this had been raped and had enjoyed it. Where upon they descended upon me with the wrath of internet saying it was impossible for a rape victim to have enjoyed it.

Now I'm not saying rape is in anyway acceptable or anything like that. I'm not saying it is a common reaction

I'm asking given the amount of weird sexual fetishes people can have, is it possible for someone to have enjoyed being raped?

2. staroceandc

staroceandc Well-Known Member

Lul no one has posted in here at all XD. But anyways the word rape actually means to take what is not yours mostly commonly applied to people being taken. Other uses of it are to take from a person sexually as you are implying but others in recent days also use it for a way to describe sexual acts between consenting people as well. So by definition it should not be possible unless someone is brain washed by for example being kidnapped and raped for years on end until all they know is that. But in general unless the person is extremely intoxicated it is doubtful for them to enjoy it.(There are always exceptions to this rule considering those people who are mentally broken in some way may enjoy it.)

3. Radiohead

Radiohead Human Disaster

If you're getting raped you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying rape is a good thing, but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just gonna hurt more if you keep fighting it.

4. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

Well, then... would it still count as rape? I dunno.

That's the most disgusting, creepiest thing I've ever heard.

5. Zappy!

Zappy! Fly Birdy, Fly!

To be raped, is sex without that person's consent, so, I doubt they'd enjoy it when they never wanted it to happen in the first place. I'm horrible at describing my points, but, I hope you get my drift.

6. Jonah the Slaking

Jonah the Slaking Couch-bound Warrior

It's possible, I think, depending on the person. That doesn't make the rape any more justifiable, though.

7. Blue Snover

Blue Snover Cold as ice

I'm gonna go with Hell No.

Rape is someone forcing sex onto someone else, no-one in their right mind would ever enjoy that, sex is supposed to be between 2 consenting people.

Discussions like this are the reason why i tend to steer clear of this place.

8. 7 tyranitars

7 tyranitars Well-Known Member

Mayby they like it physicaly, but emotionaly not likely.

9. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

Wiktionary defines rape as:
    It could be without consent without being against the person's will and still be rape, making it possible by definition.

10. mattj

mattj .

Some people are kinky like that and get off at the experience of consensual "rape". Its similar to sadomasochism.

11. Yeul

Yeul Green Eyed Girl

Which character said that, OP? If it was Nathan or Rudy, then your friend is a focking idiot for taking anything they say seriously.

Also, it isn't really rape if you enjoy the experience, but nobody'd ever want to get raped in the first place unless they're kinky Becktards.

12. Mariya Shidou

Mariya Shidou Banned

I'd say no -- differentiating, of course, between having an orgasm and actually enjoying the experience.

I think you're thinking of something else.

13. Ninja Eevee

Ninja Eevee Haunters Gonna Haunt

surely its not rape if you like it? *looks at the director in a dirty way*

14. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

It can be.

15. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal have a drink on me

Um.....
    Are you mentally still present?

It just depends on the person if they can enjoy sexual intercourse or not. If they can somehow achieve losing that horrid experience then they should be able to.

16. Aquanova

Aquanova Well-Known Member

Thats extremely disturbing to me, especially as a girl.

I honestly have a hard time imagining someone enjoying rape because the sex is forced upon them against their will by another person. I dont think a person could enjoy that at all.

17. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

It does not have to be against their will to be rape.

18. Ununoctium

Ununoctium Well-Known Member

Indeed, that is extremely creepy. Sort of a glass-half-full approach though, I suppose...

19. meteor64

meteor64 Show Me Ya Noobs

Tbh, why debate whether its possible to enjoy it when its just flat out wrong in the first place?

20. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

Rape may cause orgasms, but that does not mean that rape is okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.