• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rape: Can a person who was raped enjoy the experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The point I was making was and still is: you can be 'raped' and still enjoy it.

And this is my point:

Talking about the physical sensation of rape as enjoyment is just about as pointless and insensitive as describing the all happy moments Japanese-American detainees had at Manzanar.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yes, it's called being a hooker and experiencing a violent coincidence.

I think it could be that we're just talking about two different things. What do you guys mean by "pleasure"? Climax? Some kind of satisfaction or relaxation? Personally, I can't see any of those occurring during rape, at least not for women.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
*Lil snip here*
Rape
noun
the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

To be forced to do something via physical force or duress is to do something you do not want to do which equates to an unenjoyable experience.

On a physical level, the sensation may well be enjoyable if you are incredibly narrow minded in regards to what sexual intercourse actually is. There is equal part emotive response involved; you ever get drunk and then sober up mid coitus only to think to yourself "oh my god this person is gross?"

Of course not, how could you with your absolutely ridiculous idealogies that you have been posting in this thread.

I am not assuming I am right. I am factually right.

I am honestly waiting for you to bring up "rape fantasies" at this point under the assumption that they are the same thing.

Go ahead and keep calling me a troll or ill disposed or whatever. Sorry I don't follow the "debating etiquette of sppf" or whatever the fuck. It's pretty difficult when there is this much bullshit coming from people in one place.
You know... When Josh and I agree on a topic...
Cat girls all over the internet are reborn!

Rape Fantasies! Seriously some women have them because they would like to be able to just surrender to a lover's animal desire, not to be beaten within an inch of their life while being forced"

There is a vast difference between rough sex with someone you trust, and being beaten and forced to have sex.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
"There's a time and place for everything, but not now." As in, seriously, talking about rape on a ****ing pokemon site? This is ridiculous. and no, i don't think anyone would enjoy being raped by anyone they didn't want to have sex with. that's why it's rape, and not consensual sex.

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
I'd say so. If the person has sex addiction disease and frequently engages in sex, then yes it's possible for to enjoy the rape. There has been cases.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
"There's a time and place for everything, but not now." As in, seriously, talking about rape on a ****ing pokemon site? This is ridiculous. and no, i don't think anyone would enjoy being raped by anyone they didn't want to have sex with. that's why it's rape, and not consensual sex.

This is the Debate Forum on the Miscellaneous section of a site. This could be about helicopter tortoises for all that matters. Serious(well....as much as possible) discussion happens here.

And being raped may result in an orgasm. Does that count as enjoying? ...Well, that's what we're debating about.

I could see it possibly resulting in an orgasm for a man, but could you provide any evidence that it would result in one for a woman? I really don't think it would.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
There are some cases where the woman reaches climax. My wife and I watch a lot of true crime shows and "I survived" shows, there were several where the rapist reportedly took measures to ensure climax was reached by the victim. as long as the right stimulus is applied, the human body is wired to respond, even against our will.

So we can pretty much agree that rape, due to sexual/physical stimulation, causes the person have orgasms. But there is also some documentation that the individual also enjoys experience in their minds. Apparently not only was it good, but also amazing sex and a part of them craved it.

Orgasm during Rape or Other Form of Sexual Abuse

It just feels so twisted that the best sexual experiences of my life were with my stepfather. I have never been so aroused as I was with him, and I’ve never enjoyed sex as much as I did with him – not even close. It makes me sick that he essentially ruined my chances of having a fulfilling sex life as an adult. I remember times when we’d have sex for hours and I would have more orgasms than I could count. I loved every sick minute of it, even though my lust always embarrassed me terribly.

I hate admitting this…but certain things he was doing to me did feel good. I couldn’t wait for him to get his hands on me.

Does it considered rape if I enjoyed it?

I just lost my "renewed" ***** virginity....

He was angry and............over and over again....worse part is i enjoyed it so much.....OH gosh it was amazing ARGGGG make it rough and hardd yeahhhhhhhh WOOOT MORE MOREEEEEEEEEEEE CANT GET ENOUGH

....... i feel offended...

It's also important to note that these are usually women and gays who feel the most shame of getting pleasure out of molestation/rape.

wescobbcrandle

Samuri Poster
And what part of you response had any substance to refute the claim, let along anything to do with said claim?

Your* response, honey.

If you honestly feel that you can justify rape as a pleasurable experience for the victim, you are a sick monster. Reaching orgasm doesn't mean you enjoyed the experience of being raped.

And anyone who has been intimate with a consenting human understandings that. 100%.

ChedWick

Your* response, honey.

If you honestly feel that you can justify rape as a pleasurable experience for the victim, you are a sick monster. Reaching orgasm doesn't mean you enjoyed the experience of being raped.

And anyone who has been intimate with a consenting human understandings that. 100%.

Again, nothing to do with the claim of sex addiction and rape. Whether or not a sex addict can enjoy rape on some level is quite debatable but you've done nothing to address it. Instead, you half *** a belittling remark. You'll certainly go places here...

wescobbcrandle

Samuri Poster
And you will certainly go places in life if you believe that a victim of rape could possibly "enjoy" the experience. What the hell is wrong with you people?

ChedWick

And you will certainly go places in life if you believe that a victim of rape could possibly "enjoy" the experience. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Didn't you just post something about reading comprehension? Maybe you should go back and read that post of yours and take your own advice. I've made no claim that a rape victim may enjoy the experience. I've merely pointed out that what you've said, in no way addressed >another's< claim. I may not blindly dismiss what Darkgenger said but that doesn't mean I support it as a truth.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Yes they can reach orgasm, it's a physical response.

No, that doesn't mean they like it.

It's very common for a rape victim to get physical pleasure from the experience, and then to hate themselves because of that. Rape isn't okay regardless of the victim's reaction. If I happened upon it, I would maim the assailant. The character on the show likely meant it as having an enjoyable sexual experience with an aggressive partner.

Last edited:

wescobbcrandle

Samuri Poster
We really need to have a discussion about whether or not a victim of rape could possibly enjoy the experience? Again, anyone who has ever been intimate with a willing person wholeheartedly understands the absurdity in such a statement.

My response to that monster is between him and me. If you feel I am not contributing to this thread adequately you can easily ignore me.

Well said, Zevn.

ChedWick

We really need to have a discussion about whether or not a victim of rape could possibly enjoy the experience? Again, anyone who has ever been intimate with a willing person wholeheartedly understands the absurdity in such a statement.

My response to that monster is between him and me. If you feel I am not contributing to this thread adequately you can easily ignore me.

Actually, no. The response is between you and the community. If you want to have a private conversation then you have that ability. Otherwise, anything you post here is up for scrutiny. Calling Darkgenger a monster for bringing up a differing view that on the surface could be reasonable is less than brilliant of you.

Also, having a sexual experience with another person does not automatically make you an expert on all sexual activities and the affects on the mind. With your logic, one could say that unless you experience rape, you have no understanding of its affects.

Status
Not open for further replies.