• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rape: Can a person who was raped enjoy the experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
If you're getting raped you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying rape is a good thing, but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just gonna hurt more if you keep fighting it.

Hoho this guy. This is just...just yes.

Fran Drescher said the first time she had an orgasm in her life was when a thug raped her in front of her gay husband, during a home robbery. So basically the sexual part of the human physiology has higher priority than the emotional part. Especially it seems a lot of women get turned on subconsciously when they are humiliated. Some of them admit to having rape fantasies and such kind of fetishes. It must be something from our ape days, monkey often rape each other. So this kind of mechanism was probably done for one tribe of apes to more easily appendage the females of the conquered group.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I wouldn't think Rape would be enjoyable, no matter what the circumstances.

Now, ROLEPLAYING of "Rape" might be a different story, but that's just hella weird.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I read that for rapist it's all about having power over someone, so when you resist they get off on that and gives them a reason to keep going. So in theory if you acted like you enjoyed it and they weren't taking advantage of you, they might lose an erection or desire to continue.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I guess it's possible. You have also got to account for the gender double standards here. For example, in misfits alisha raped curtis, and there was really no "dark" theme towards it, it was kinda treated as a joke. The implication being that he enjoyed it. I can't remember his exact response, but i think he denied that claim.

I would say yes, but in rare instances. But more commonly in men, or at least you would think. If i asked my female friends if they would enjoy being raped by a man they would probably through a glass of water in my eyes and never speak to me again. However if i asked one of my male friends if they would enjoy getting raped by a female, there is a good chance they would say yes. Though whether or not they would relish the experiences once it was forced upon them is a different question altogether. Ignoring genders for now though, there are people with sick fetishes that may get off on it.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Generally, yes, rape is more about the feeling of power than about sexual gratification.

Victims of rape handle it all different ways. There's no one textbook definition for how a victim should react; some people consider it a trigger and avoid any and all mentions of forced sex, or even consensual sex, while others find it easier to cope in ways some people would look at strangely... and by that, I mean they'll often indulge in rape fantasies in one way or another. How it affects people is a spectrum, though there's no doubt it has a lot of damaging effects no matter who has to go through it, or whether they understand it's rape at all.

Rape fetishes are much different than wanting to be raped, though. It might have to do with the idea of being controlled/submissive, but it doesn't mean they want to get assaulted because they might write stories about rape in their spare time and get off to them.

Getting aroused even during an unwanted assault doesn't mean the woman (yes, men get raped too, but it's almost always women, so let's use that for now) is actively enjoying it, either. It actually serves as more of a defense mechanism, because it helps prepare her body (by lubricating, for example) and reduces the chance she'll get injured in the process due to being too dry.

As for Radiohead... thanks for being a rape apologist and demonstrating to this thread how NOT to react. :\ It shouldn't be the woman's responsibility to avoid rape or enjoy it if/when it happens, it should be the man's responsibility to not do it in the first place.

The main difference between consensual sex and rape is the woman's willingness to go through with it. And I don't mean "well she says no but she secretly wants it"; a woman can say no to her boyfriend even though a part of her wants it, but the rest doesn't feel ready, and if the boyfriend doesn't listen and keeps going despite her lack of consent? It's rape, full stop. It doesn't just happen to lone women walking through dark alleyways at night, after all. It can happen to women at the hands of people they know and supposedly trust, who take advantage of them whether they realize it or not.

As for the topic of this discussion... it's a difficult call. I'm inclined to say no, though, because the very thing that separates consensual sex from forced sex is... well, consent. Even if she secretly wants it to begin with, the moment she says no and starts to try and stop it, it becomes rape as long as the guy continues, and I guarantee you even if she thinks she's enjoying it (maybe in an effort to keep her mind from shutting down in the process), it will mess her up in one way or another.

Tyrant Tar

I'd imagine one could physically 'enjoy' the rape yet simultaneously be mentally/emotionally/spiritually appalled, though enjoyment doesn't make it OK by any means. The rapist is violating the victim's freedom, no matter how you slice it.

Ludwig

The main difference between consensual sex and rape is the woman's willingness to go through with it.

As I've already written twice in this thread, the woman's willingness doesn't have to be a factor, though it can be.

There are three cases that are considered rape:
1. Without consent from the raped, but the raped person still being willing to do it.
2. Without consent from the rape and without the raped person being willing to do it.
3. With consent from the raped, but the raped person not being willing to do it.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
3. With consent from the raped, but the raped person not being willing to do it.

What? As soon as they give consent it's not considered rape, even if they were not willing to do it mentaly. If a girl says I can have sex with her and makes no action to say otherwise, how is that rape?

Last edited:

Ludwig

What? As soon as they give consent it's not considered rape, even if they were not willing to do it mentaly. If a girl says I can have sex with her and makes no action to say otherwise, how is that rape?

The definition according to wiktionary:

The act of forcing sexual intercourse or other sexual activity upon another person, without their consent and/or against their will.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
As I've already written twice in this thread, the woman's willingness doesn't have to be a factor, though it can be.

1. Without consent from the raped, but the raped person still being willing to do it.
2. Without consent from the rape and without the raped person being willing to do it.

...How does this even make sense? Are "consent" and "willingness" two different things now, are you articulating the separate definitions poorly, or did I just miss a really important memo?

With 1, I assume you mean in the "I want(ed) to do it but not yet" sense that I mentioned before, and 2 being the opposite. But, uh... what the hell is 3 supposed to be? What sort of situations would that entail, other than statutory rape?

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
It does not have to be against their will to be rape.

Yes it does. Rape (as i see it) is when you have sex or do something sexual to someone against their will.

Also to the guy who said 'go with the flow' then you really creep me out.

To answer the question, no I don't think its possible to enjoy being raped. Mentally of course.

Ludwig

Yes it does. Rape (as i see it) is when you have sex or do something sexual to someone against their will.

You see it wrong.

Mesarin

Im gonna go with no. The experience in itself just seems like itd be horrid. And id think if its rape you wouldnt enjoy it.

What about those times when the person is on the fence, at first they consider it to be rape but then their mixture of feelings and pleasure makes them "consent" after the fact?

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
If you're getting raped you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying rape is a good thing, but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just gonna hurt more if you keep fighting it.

So if your dad decides to rape you Radiohead, make sure you enjoy it. Just go with the flow.

There's being submissive, and there's being raped. The fetish of being controlled isn't the same as being violently attacked by someone. Rape isn't just like sex, it causes long-term physical (as well as emotional) damage in many cases.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I don't really like the double standard in this topic, as if it's only women who get raped.
Sure, it's more common for the fairer gender and I clench my buttocks at night in fear of a surprise visitor, but remember that women can be monsters too.

Heck, in Misfits (the show OP mentioned) one of the main characters got raped by another main character when she was abusing her power (Yeah, it's one of THOSE shows, but with an ASBOs twist on it) of extreme lust on skin contact, and over the course of the episode she did it with a load of other guys, so......

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I don't really like the double standard in this topic, as if it's only women who get raped.
Sure, it's more common for the fairer gender and I clench my buttocks at night in fear of a surprise visitor, but remember that women can be monsters too.

Heck, in Misfits (the show OP mentioned) one of the main characters got raped by another main character when she was abusing her power (Yeah, it's one of THOSE shows, but with an ASBOs twist on it) of extreme lust on skin contact, and over the course of the episode she did it with a load of other guys, so......

Please, don't even start with the "but men get raped too!" The reason we are primarily talking about women would be because 90% of rape victims are female, and the vast majority of rapists are male. Not to mention that regardless of gender, rape often ties in with sexism and misogyny. If a man is raped, it's not gonna be because he looks big, strong, and able to defend himself; it's going to be because he resembles a woman or is perceived as gay (which is often related to being feminine as a stereotype).

Rape isn't, contrary to the popular trope, okay whether it's male on female or vice versa. It's still rape no matter what the physical sex or gender identity of the victim or perpetrator is, but it almost always boils down to men wanting to hold power over women, or those they perceive as weaker/feminine. And I wouldn't doubt women who rape men have a very similar psychological reason for it.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
If a man is raped, it's not gonna be because he looks big, strong, and able to defend himself; it's going to be because he resembles a woman or is perceived as gay (which is often related to being feminine as a stereotype).

This is why sometimes older women rape boys as well, because they resemble women or seem gay? I think you only addressed men raping other men, but didn't cover female rapists. It's not that I want to diminish that 90 majority you're talking about, but ten percent isn't exactly irrelevant either.

Edit: Just saw that you did cover female rapists - I guess I missed that, but I could swear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.