• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rape: Can a person who was raped enjoy the experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
If you're getting raped you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying rape is a good thing, but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just gonna hurt more if you keep fighting it.

rape is a complete and utter violation of someone, it takes away their contol over something that should only ever be their own. i think it is very naive and ignorant to entertain the idea that someone should jsut go along with it and enjoy it and although possibly not meant in a malicious way it comes across rather negatively

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
This pretty much answers your question outright. Whilst it's common, it doesn't make it more acceptable. It's just your body reacting to sexual experiences in a way your body will react. The sexual organs lack any sort of brain to stop reacting to negative sexual experiences or positive, and, they certainly aren't a factor in determining rape since a sexual organ solely cannot give consent. It just reacts in the way it's supposed to. You can't stop your sexual organs from responding in the way they are supposed to function. It'd be akin to saying you trained your heart to beat normally during terrifying situations when your heart beats faster. Or that you trained your lungs to continue breathing when you're out of breath or get the wind knocked out of you. As detailed in the link above (and more articulately than I could ever state it as) it's just not possible. Inversely, you can't be train yourself to get pleasure from sexual acts that give you none.

If you're getting raped you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying rape is a good thing, but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just gonna hurt more if you keep fighting it.
If you're getting beaten you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying getting beaten is a good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

If you've been lit on fire you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying getting lit on fire is a good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

If you're being stabbed you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying being stabbed is a good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

If you've been forced to take out the trash, you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying being forced to take out the trash good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

If you've been forced to attend a crappy musical based off a Disney film you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying being forced to attend a crappy musical based off a Disney film is a good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

If you're house is bombed you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying getting your house bombed is a good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

If your teacher gives you a failing grade you might as well go with the flow and enjoy it. I'm not saying getting a failing grade good thing but if you can't escape it, why not enjoy it? It's just going to hurt more if you keep fighting it.

Do you see what I'm getting at? Why is rape so different from these other things that you're suddenly forced to enjoy an all around negative action that never has any positive results to a horrific action that isn't even their fault in the first place. I suppose we should all go with the flow and enjoy any action that happens to us in our lives because it's just going to hurt more when we keep fighting it? Brilliant logic. I'll be back after I hop in a time machine and tell all of those African Americans striving for social justice back in the 1860's onwards that they might as well go with the flow and continue being treated like crap because it's just going to hurt more if they keep fighting it.

Gergovia

Banned
This pretty much answers your question outright. Whilst it's common, it doesn't make it more acceptable. It's just your body reacting to sexual experiences in a way your body will react. The sexual organs lack any sort of brain to stop reacting to negative sexual experiences or positive, and, they certainly aren't a factor in determining rape since a sexual organ solely cannot give consent. It just reacts in the way it's supposed to. You can't stop your sexual organs from responding in the way they are supposed to function. It'd be akin to saying you trained your heart to beat normally during terrifying situations when your heart beats faster. Or that you trained your lungs to continue breathing when you're out of breath or get the wind knocked out of you. As detailed in the link above (and more articulately than I could ever state it as) it's just not possible. Inversely, you can't be train yourself to get pleasure from sexual acts that give you none.

This, basically.

A person can still physically enjoy the act of rape and it can still be fairly called rape. It's about want, not feeling. If a person does not want to engage in sex with someone else and they are forced into it, regardless of whether they enjoyed the the pleasure from the act (Which is very rare anyway, for women at least, rape is extremely painful and causes vaginal scarring.) it's definitley still rape.

Now there's the question of whether a person can be raped even if they wanted it. Now that sounds completely contradictory because the very definition of rape is forced and unconsensual sex. What if the woman is pressured into sex? Says no repeatedly and finally caves in? Well she finally said yes, so she did technically, for all intents and purposes, consent, right? No. That's definitley still rape. So yes, I believe a person can be raped and enjoy the experience, but only from a purely theoretical view. Reality is different.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
This is why sometimes older women rape boys as well, because they resemble women or seem gay? I think you only addressed men raping other men, but didn't cover female rapists. It's not that I want to diminish that 90 majority you're talking about, but ten percent isn't exactly irrelevant either.

Edit: Just saw that you did cover female rapists - I guess I missed that, but I could swear.

That's statutory rape, though; men raping girls is the same sort of thing. I don't think the 10% margin of male rape is irrelevant, but I still maintain that the odds of finding a "manly" man being raped, by either gender, is very, very slim.

I think I also read somewhere that most women-on-boys rape is usually incest, thus narrowing down the cases of women randomly preying on boys they don't know or perhaps work with as a teacher or whatever, but I don't remember where, so I can't say that's a fact.

It's not impossible for anyone of any gender or build to get raped, certainly, but it's almost always going to be those who appear weaker or who cannot/will not fight back. There is a reason for this, though reasons aren't excuses, of course.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i dont think so seeing as though rape is having sex againt your will i cant imagine anyone liking it due to it being against your will

iCakeify

Luxray Fanboy
Since I've never been raped, idk.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I gotta disagree with you Ludwig, by its definition rape is have intercourse against ones will. Whether the experience is pleasurable or not is not even considered.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Please, don't even start with the "but men get raped too!" The reason we are primarily talking about women would be because 90% of rape victims are female, and the vast majority of rapists are male. Not to mention that regardless of gender, rape often ties in with sexism and misogyny. If a man is raped, it's not gonna be because he looks big, strong, and able to defend himself; it's going to be because he resembles a woman or is perceived as gay (which is often related to being feminine as a stereotype).

Rape isn't, contrary to the popular trope, okay whether it's male on female or vice versa. It's still rape no matter what the physical sex or gender identity of the victim or perpetrator is, but it almost always boils down to men wanting to hold power over women, or those they perceive as weaker/feminine. And I wouldn't doubt women who rape men have a very similar psychological reason for it.

However, the topic title specifically used the gender-specific "person" rather than woman, and while I should've mentioned that men can get raped by other men aswell, remember that the person on Misfits who said it (Or not, Misfits is a UK show so you mightn't have seen it) was a guy aswell. Whatever, all I'm saying is is that it's not always a woman who gets raped, as you said there with your statistic. Sure, it might be 90%, but it isn't 100%, and that's my point proven.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
It depends on the person getting raped, mostly i would think it would be no, you couldn't enjoy the experience. But, who knows, i a male,

Ludwig

I gotta disagree with you Ludwig, by its definition rape is have intercourse against ones will. Whether the experience is pleasurable or not is not even considered.

That's not the whole definition. I explained it on the previous page.

As I've already written twice in this thread, the woman's willingness doesn't have to be a factor, though it can be.

There are three cases that are considered rape:
1. Without consent from the raped, but the raped person still being willing to do it.
2. Without consent from the rape and without the raped person being willing to do it.
3. With consent from the raped, but the raped person not being willing to do it.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I would think it was quite obvious that rape cannot be an enjoyable experience. Things that you don't give consent to and don't want to do will not be enjoyable to you. That's why you would deny it in the first place. Rape is a horrible violation of someone and can often leave the victim physically and mentally harmed... clearly not enjoyable.

Ludwig

I would think it was quite obvious that rape cannot be an enjoyable experience. Things that you don't give consent to and don't want to do will not be enjoyable to you. That's why you would deny it in the first place. Rape is a horrible violation of someone and can often leave the victim physically and mentally harmed... clearly not enjoyable.

1. It's not without consent and without willingness, it's without consent and/or without willingness.
2. Can means that there is a possibility of it being that way and the only thing about the probability that it tells is that it's larger than 0% and because of that vague description about probability, it's not used about the cases with a 100% probability. Therefore, what you're calling "clearly not enjoyable" doesn't apply to all cases.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
A person could feel pleasure during what is happening, but without consent, they are not happy to do it. Enjoyment in a bodily sense, like smelling and tasting and feeling is different than enjoyment in a mental sense, like being happy. If rape violates what you wanted mentally, that will last a lot longer than the bodily pleasure that happened during the rape, and the infighting between your physical memory and your conscience could make hell inside your head for years. So...pleasure, as in orgasm happens during rape, but all in all a well-rounded healthy perception of the event shouldn't come to the conclusion that it was 'enjoyable'.

Darato

(o,..,o)
It depends on the person.

Some hate it, but can’t help, but enjoy it, while others just hate it all together.

When I was younger one of my friends and I were abused my an older neighbor of ours, and while I hated it all together, my friend liked the feleing from it

L.F.D.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
However they still choose to have sex, that is consent. Rape doesn't give you the option to say no in the first place.

(sorry to hear about your friend and experience. Nobody should experience that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.