• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rape: Can a person who was raped enjoy the experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
People can get turned on physically by something disturbing mentally (ask /b/). Men can be raped, which implies they were physically turned on but not mentally willing to have sex/did not consent to the sex. That seems like a very cut-and-dry "rape can be enjoyed" example. I mean, for example there are often men who get turned on by something and are disgusted with themselves for being turned on by it, but they can't help it. Rape is the same way; while obviously the person didn't want to have sex, because their body was turned on they did physically enjoy it.

Note the 'physically' though; I firmly believe that no one can mentally enjoy rape, even people with rape fetishes. Those kinds of people have safewords and people they can trust fulfilling their fetish, not random strangers grabbing them off the street for example.

Ludwig

Communication does not necessarily have to involve words. As I said before, you can still theoretically get a conviction against someone who raped you even if you did not/were unable to say no verbally for whatever reason. It's not the only criteria used to determine if someone able-bodied and able-minded was raped.

Communication require that the people can understand each other, which require defined words.

facetious

facetious
Who else has fantasies about being raped by a few blacks with priapism? I know I'd totally enjoy that, especially if it takes place in my exclusive Lotus Evora.

Last edited:
Usually if the "victim" refers to the event as rape...they usually didn't enjoy it. Unless it was fantasy rape. Thats a whole 'nother Oprah.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
statutory rape is the term

That's actually a really good point. That's considered rape but has nothing to do with lack of consent. Also considered rape is having sex with someone while they're drunk, because they don't have the ability to give consent, and that doesn't imply the person saying no in any way either.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Communication require that the people can understand each other, which require defined words.

No, it really doesn't. It's typically and most easily done with words, but it does not necessarily have to be words.

You can't possibly mean to tell me that a girl trying to push away a guy making clear, aggressive sexual advances on her shouldn't tell him (or anyone else) right away that she doesn't want it.

The Director

Ancient Trainer
One, I don't think I mentioned it in the OP but when I asked the question I was thinking on the mental side of pleasure/enjoyment rather than the physical as we have very little conscious control over our physiological selves.

Two, Asuka VS Ludwig,

Your debate has basically boiled down to "What is consent?"

Ludwig, I think thinks that consent has to to be a physical expression of consent, such as yes, but doesn't think that not doing something is consent.

Asuka, Believes consent doesn't have to be expressed not fighting being consent.

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
One, I don't think I mentioned it in the OP but when I asked the question I was thinking on the mental side of pleasure/enjoyment rather than the physical as we have very little conscious control over our physiological selves.

Two, Asuka VS Ludwig,

Ludwig, I think thinks that consent has to to be a physical expression of consent, such as yes, but doesn't think that not doing something is consent.

Asuka, Believes consent doesn't have to be expressed not fighting being consent.

What about people with Stockholm Syndrome? Well, a similar idea but instead of hostages it's rape.

Ludwig

Two, Asuka VS Ludwig,

Consent:
To express willingness, to give permission.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/consent

Giving permission requires communication, which can't be done without words, which can't be expressed without talking or writing .

One is not giving permission by doing nothing. Giving is something active, doing nothing is passive.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Ludwig, you say someone can be raped with consent, but without will. Why would someone give permission if they didn't have any will to do the actual action?

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Blackmailing.

So does someone blackmail someone into raping them?

or do someone use blackmail so they can rape the person?

The second situation doesn't really mean someone is giving permission, it means they know it will happen.

Ludwig

So does someone blackmail someone into raping them?

or do someone use blackmail so they can rape the person?

The second situation doesn't really mean someone is giving permission, it means they know it will happen.

"Agree to have sex with me or I'll kill you."
That's an example of what I mean.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
"Agree to have sex with me or I'll kill you."
That's an example of what I mean.

Touche, good sir. Touche.

It just wasn't clear in the first place. But still, your quote about consent earlier said about expressing willingness, so aren't they both the same in a way. There is a difference between knowing and consent.

Ludwig

Touche, good sir. Touche.

It just wasn't clear in the first place. But still, your quote about consent earlier said about expressing willingness, so aren't they both the same in a way. There is a difference between knowing and consent.

That phrasing isn't understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.