1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Raquaza's height problem

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by XD Mewtwo, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XD Mewtwo

XD Mewtwo Void#ZX0

Why is it that Raquaza's height is 23,00 , but about several other legendary pokemon are taller.
    Groudon, lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, Regigigas, Giratina, all dwarf Raquaza in size and probably Arceus too.

2. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Just... because. Is there anything wrong with his height? 23 ft is pretty tall, ya know. I would never call it a "height problem", but he is shorter then most Legendary Pokémon. I just think it's the way he's designed. Nothing More.

3. Shiny Charmander 1065

Shiny Charmander 1065 Blaze / Quirky

I dont know why, Rayquaza always seemed taller! Just to let u know your in the Battle revo thread not d/p or r/s/e threads! I have done this accedentally 3 times in the g/s stadium instead of g/s/c game thread! :p

4. Mastadi

Mastadi Yes.

It is because it's it actual lenght from the tip of the tail to it's head.

5. GoldenArcanine

GoldenArcanine Well-Known Member

still he is one of my fav pokemon

6. Ryze

Ryze ----

Yeah it's just the way he was made...He's still big lol

7. heatranran

heatranran Well-Known Member

seriously though, there's only like a few pixels difference. Personally, I thought he was too big!

The picture gives the appearance of being bigger

8. ~Raikou's_Thunder~

~Raikou's_Thunder~ I'm back...

Your complaining of rayquaza? RAYQUAZA!? I am more interested in why in the movie, regigigas is gigantic, with one of his fingers being the size of an average person, but in DP and PBR he is only like a little bit bigger than your character! He IS the colossal pokemon, yet he isn't very big! THAT is what makes me ticked off, not rayquaza whom is already pretty big. In the movie that he was in, he was alot bigger,too. But there Nintendo goes again! Shrinking the biggest poke's in the game!

(Sorry for the big rant, I was really agitated about regigigas)

9. ~Raikou's_Thunder~

~Raikou's_Thunder~ I'm back...

Your complaining of rayquaza? RAYQUAZA!? I am more interested in why in the movie, regigigas is gigantic, with one of his fingers being the size of an average person, but in DP and PBR he is only like a little bit bigger than your character! He IS the colossal pokemon, yet he isn't very big! THAT is what makes me ticked off, not rayquaza whom is already pretty big. In the movie that he was in, he was alot bigger,too. But there Nintendo goes again! Shrinking the biggest poke's in the game!

(Sorry for the big rant, I was really agitated about regigigas)

10. Skaisdead

Skaisdead Movers and Shakers

Rayquaza is quite "tall". When they say height, I believe they mean length. He's always coiled up, so you can't really tell. Same with Arbok, only not nearly as "tall".

11. XD Mewtwo

XD Mewtwo Void#ZX0

I seem to of been a bit unclear what the problem is.
    The 3D Raquaza model thats used for Pokemon battle revolution is not the right size.
    Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon,Palkia,Dialga,Regigigas,and Giratina have height less than 23,00 but the 3D models are taller than Raquaza's.

12. Kyogre35

Kyogre35 First avy..no touchy

Well the thing is that in PBR Rayquaza is in like a loop which makes him/her/it look shorter. If you strected him/her/it from head to tail then there you go.

13. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

Because it's height is from Head to Tail.
    It's coiled up.

The same thing goes for all long or snake-like pokemon in the game.

14. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

Because it's height is from Head to Tail.
    It's coiled up.

The same thing goes for all long or snake-like pokemon in the game.

15. pokemaniac10

pokemaniac10 クロツグ

its coiled up, which makes him look smaller than usual.
    its height is head to tail. if it standed up straight, than its probably going to be much bigger than Groudon and Kyogre.

16. pokemaniac10

pokemaniac10 クロツグ

its coiled up, which makes him look smaller than usual.
    its height is head to tail. if it standed up straight, than its probably going to be much bigger than Groudon and Kyogre.

17. It's like, if Steelix was actually as 'tall' as he is said to be, then imagine how long he'd be, therefore, I can deduct that the height is referring to the length when concerning Pokemon such as Dragonair, Onix, Arbok, Steelix, Rayquaza, etc.

18. Gregor the Wise

Gregor the Wise Well-Known Member

It does refer to his length, and the reason they "shrunk" the Pokemon is because the game does have limits as to how many polygons (not Porygon) can be on the screen at one time, and making a giant detailed version of some of the legendary Pokemon would be impossible as it would freeze the game or make your Wii explode (although Wailord is an exception because he is not that detailed).

I have noticed that they keep most of the legends to the size of the anime's. take Lugia for example, when Ash rode him in the first movie he was about the same size as it is in PBR, this also is the same for small Pokemon like Digglet. Small as a Pokeball in the anime, and about that same size in PBR.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  19. Jirachi_Star

Jirachi_Star Fiddlesticks!

It doesnt really matter to me. Its strong so I battle with it.

20. TurtwigFan1

TurtwigFan1 burning it down

Definitely because it is coiled up! ;384;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.