• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rare Anime Shippings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this thread acts similar to its Pokemon equivalent. Basically, if there is an anime with an underrated Shipping you want to talk about, or perhaps an underrated anime with some shippings you like, feel free to discuss them here!

All SPPf rules apply, and no bashing of anyone else's ships. Also, I should probably mention that the content in this thread shouldn't be rated over PG-13.

Enjoy!

First discussion topic:
What anime shippings do you like that not many other people support, and why?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
What anime shippings do you like that not many other people support, and why?
Yeah... let it be known that I am a complete fiend when it comes to rare ships, period. (Surprise, surprise.)

Take my favorite One Piece pairing, Lucci/Kaku, for example. They're partners, sure, but it goes so much deeper than that. To earn someone like Lucci's respect is no small feat--being the cold misanthropist he is--yet it's easy to see Kaku is one of the few individuals who has it regardless. Furthermore, their relationship is further complicated when you consider what Lucci and Kaku can become. In any context outside of a canon-compliant setting, that would make any dealings between the two mighty awkward! Sometimes I think they might as well be opposites...

I'm personally not a One Piece fan so I can't say anything on that, but I have stuff to say about Amnesia ships. Due to the unpopularity of the anime, most of the shippings established within it are ignored. However, taking it from the point of view of a fan of the original Otome, I can still see where the ships are. And they're damn cute. Take a look at Ukyo x the Heroine, or platonic Ikki x Kent for example. Both ships are extremely adorable in the game alone, and they're not absent in the anime. Heck, the anime gave me an Ikki and Kent fist pump. It's just the anime ultimately failing in specific criteria that causes the ships to get buried.

Also platonic Shin x Puppies from the OVA, god. That's cute as hell.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Although I'm not big on otome games and related adaptations, I distinctly remember being annoyed with DRAMAtical Murder's OVA for similar reasons. The OVA takes things down to PG-15, throwing the Noiz-Aoba kiss in your face from the get-go, making it the most feasible ship of the lot to anyone lacking exposure to the original game. Ren's feelings for Aoba felt blunted, Mink was difficult to empathize with, Koujaku's affections for Aoba were slightly muted, and Clear became even more of a gag character.

It also played up Mizuki and Koujaku's closeness, which was only casual in-game, so that the ship became way more viable. Not that I have a problem with that: I'm more of a Mizuki/Aoba fan myself is all. (Speaking of Mizuki, the OVA also seemed to tone down just how much he hated Rhyme and the system by giving him an adorable ermine AllMate (the only good to come of the thing, IMO).)

Status
Not open for further replies.