• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rare Candy Treatment - Webcomic Schmebcomic

Bummer

Berry fondler
Hello, and welcome to a conveniently placed thread about my webcomic Rare Candy Treatment, or RCT for short. It's a webcomic where I take the opportunity to bash, ridicule and focus on different aspects of game mechanics, pokemon species or other aspects of the franchise. It's currently running at 28 strips, and I have just as many ideas waiting in store.

Have some examples:

101014bugconquest.png

sbody.png

101231defensivemeasures.png

I'm always trying to get my comics out to the people who appreciates them the most, hence why I made this thread (especially since you also have your own comic section!). Click the link in my sig or at the top of this post to go to the comic. Otherwise I also have a deviantArt account, which besides the strips also houses other artwork (not necessarily pokemon related).

I generally aim to update once a week. Hope you enjoy yourselves!

also my DeviantArt: Bummerdude

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Not Mr. Pibb
I love the online comics that pick at the WTFs of the Pokemon games. Awesome job

gundam_remake

Team Leichi Boss Man
i love what i've seen. i can't think of how else to say it.

from my perspective from growing up when computer labs were just starting to become more frequent in schools i'm kinda half/half when it comes to working on anything on the computer.

but if whatever program you're using is nice and pirateable i might try to actually color some artwork, and take more than 5 minutes crapping it out of the end of a pencil.

it's your not-so-hard art style that has me, combo'd with experiences i can share from back in the day when we actually used to have to buy batteries for our gameboys.

i would maybe try to use my old PhotoSshop3 portable copy if it actually worked on my new computer. but i actually gotta drag out the old WindowsXP laptop(that weighs 30 lbs?) to do anything art related without spending money? plz.

and yes. everytime i came to look at this forum over the past 5 years its been nothing but sprite comics worse than mine~ and thats depressing. considering i have to try to make it worthless :)

now let's see a storyline!

aggiegwyn

Good. For a second there, I thought I was the only one making non-sprite comics!

These are pretty funny. I can't I have "LOL'D" at any of them, but I'm plenty of others did. I shall watch you on deviantART. Cuz' that's just what deviants do.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Seven Letters/Words: OMFG WTF?!

Funny as hell.

Bummer

Berry fondler
whoops, forgot to check back on in this thread in.......5 months.

Huh.

Well, better late than never, right?

Right.

I love the online comics that pick at the WTFs of the Pokemon games. Awesome job
There are plenty to go around, but it's harder to find some tidbits which can be worked into something better. And thanks!

I looove the art style alot! <333
This coming from an artist like yourself, your words have more weight! I'm sometimes bothered of how much I put into these things, but considering the feedback of how people seem to like it, it convinced me that it just might be a god thing. Although it's hurting my update frequenzy.

These are pretty funny. I can't I have "LOL'D" at any of them, but I'm plenty of others did.
I follow a good number of webcomics myself, and it is very rarely that I break into laughter. So rest assured! Your reaction is normal! Ghosts can't harm it!

Seems fishy...
I find this comment to be encouraging as fish is delicious.

noob21

3 sum!!!
thats excatly what happened to me on the bug catching contest =/

Eternal Draconic

Bad mushrooms!

KiwiDude

Poké-Shop Owner
The bug-catching strip was funny as hell, the other one was funny as well
the art gives me major Mad-Mag memories! keep it up!

-checked out your strip gallery-
you should upload the Arceus strip here, made my day ^-^

Last edited: