• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rare Pokemon Shippings Discussion Thread Ver3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Oh, that sounds super interesting! If it's a fanfic, share a link or the title!
I would, but it's an "Explicit"-rated piece, and it's rife with triggers and other none-too-happy things. ^^;

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Hello ^^ I like rarepairs, so may I? My favs are Ash/Yellow, Serena/Red, and Leaf/Brendan.

I'm always glad to see new folks who support some lesser-known shippings! :D AshxYellow? Interesting. However...I...think the ship name is Benevolentshipping, not Almostshipping. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or if Almostshipping is another name for it.

Honestly, I'm surprised by how many posts this thread had managed to accumulate since I started it. Mind you it took a long time to get there, but I think this one has the most of all the rare pair threads thus far. It makes me happy. :)

xxalmostshippingxx

Benevolentshipping~
I'm always glad to see new folks who support some lesser-known shippings! :D AshxYellow? Interesting. However...I...think the ship name is Benevolentshipping, not Almostshipping. Someone correct me if I'm wrong or if Almostshipping is another name for it.

Honestly, I'm surprised by how many posts this thread had managed to accumulate since I started it. Mind you it took a long time to get there, but I think this one has the most of all the rare pair threads thus far. It makes me happy. :)

Oh, I just cheked, and yeah Ash/Yellow is Benevolent. Ha, guess I'll have to change a few things..

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Oh, I just cheked, and yeah Ash/Yellow is Benevolent. Ha, guess I'll have to change a few things..
Indeed, it looks like AlmostShipping is used for Red (Game) & Yellow (Special). Oh well. If you ask me, I think "xxbenevolentshippingxx" has a nicer ring to it, anyway. ;3

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I happen to like a very obscure and odd shipping that I came up with myself between Cheren and Jasmine. I just feel like Cheren, with his down-to-earth personality and craving of constant improvement would both support, and be kept in check, by Jasmine's caring yet timid nature. I'm calling it: Lighthouse Shipping!

What do you think?

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I'm calling it: Lighthouse Shipping!

What do you think?
LighthouseShipping is already in use for Ash & Jasmine, so I'm afraid you're going to have to come up with something else. ^^;

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Either Rust Shipping or PocketWatch Shipping, or maybe WhiteSoul Shipping.

Any of those sound good?
Although RustShipping is Regice & Registeel, and WhiteSoulShipping is Morty & Hilda, PocketwatchShipping isn't taken yet. Would you like me to submit it?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Guys, let's please stay on topic. This thread is for discussing the rare shippings that you support. We already have a thread for discussing what unnamed shippings should be called. Thanks. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I mentioned this one yet, but the shipping of Ash and the female game character from Sun and Moon interests me. I believe it's called Alolashipping (not to be confused with Alohashipping, which is Ash x Mallow). She could pass as a childhood friend since she is originally from Kanto. And she seems to me like a fun and energetic type of girl who would likely get along well with Ash. :)

Edit: I saw that I did bring this one up once already, but I never really explained why I like it, so here you go.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I mentioned this one yet, but the shipping of Ash and the female game character from Sun and Moon interests me. I believe it's called Alolashipping (not to be confused with Alohashipping, which is Ash x Mallow). She could pass as a childhood friend since she is originally from Kanto. And she seems to me like a fun and energetic type of girl who would likely get along well with Ash. :)

It seems like a good concept. I might have shipped it a little if it wasn't for me falling over how cute Female SM protag looks with both Lillie and Gladion.

Btw I know I brought this one up earlier, but I don't see much stuff for IronWillShpping (Riley x Dawn) these days. Is it that it's rare or am I just unobservant? Also, does anyone else ship it?

xxalmostshippingxx

Benevolentshipping~
Both Alolashipping and Ironwill are things I ship, Ironwill is my second choice for Dawn. I don't ship Moon/Gladion, mainly cause I know how it'll be written on Wattpad (where I frequent)- exactly the same as Soulsilver and Ferriswheel with the "two straights are in forbidden love and also it's a bad boy good girl cliche" I'm really tired of ships like that which is why I became a rarepair supporter, other than finding the ships the cutest things ever ^.^

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I don't ship Moon/Gladion, mainly cause I know how it'll be written on Wattpad (where I frequent)- exactly the same as Soulsilver and Ferriswheel with the "two straights are in forbidden love and also it's a bad boy good girl cliche" I'm really tired of ships like that which is why I became a rarepair supporter, other than finding the ships the cutest things ever ^.^
Have you ever tried checking out their equivalents over at Archive of Our Own (AO3)? I find the stuff on Wattpad to be trite, hackneyed, and lacking in the variety AO3 has to offer.

Anyway, question time! What sort of headcanons do you guys have for your favorite rarepairs?

Headcanons? If it's a pairing that actually meets in-game/anime/manga canon, then I'll usually imagine how the characters involved within the shipping would chat about things to each other while doing whatever they do together in-game. It was actually through this way of thinking that IronWillShipping became my OTP and Iron Island became a favourite location of mine in Pokemon Platinum.

If it's a nevermet shipping (e.g Curtis x Yancy x Lisia) then I'll probably headcanon how the characters involved first meet each other. Due to how my brain is made, there is usually humour and laughter and a touch of satire involved.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Time to bring in a new shipping of two Pokemon specimen who have never met, but can breed and are of opposite gender:

Clemont/Bonnie's Dedenne and Sophocles' Togedemaru.

Both are electric rodents and I think are very cute together. I just need a name for it.

LizzaRade

Well, I really do not know how to say my shipping since it is not very well known and I think I could gain more of a look of disdain. I'm a Awakenedshipper, the shipping between the first Mewtwo and the Mewtwo of the 16th movie... And I wrote fanfics of them (yes, is my OTP), but only in spanish (because is my native language). This moment is a bit uncomfortable for me.. Sorry my bad english.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.