• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rare Pokemon Shippings Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I love the Max/Bonnie ship, if it counts. Given the unlikelihood of Max ever appearing again he and Bonnie will probably never meet, but I think its a great ship.

Max and Bonnie getting childhood crushes on each other would be amazing.

Yup! And I like the idea of that shipping as well. I haven't watched much of the Hoenn series, so I don't know a tremendous amount of info on Max, but I have a strong gut feeling that this would be a good ship. It would be cool if May and Max did appear and the two met. Bonnie likes to try and find Clemont a wife, so it would be so funny to see Clemont doing the same to her asking Max if he would be her husband. Ermagosh, new drabble idea!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Just to let you guys know, Max & Bonnie is called FourthWheelshipping. I wasn't too sure if you guys knew that so I just figured I'd let you know.

Either way, I do happen to like this pairing a lot. I know it's unlikely that we will ever see Max and Bonnie meet on screen but who knows, maybe one day they will meet when they both become trainers. It's unlikely May and Max will appear again, especially since May is traveling by herself, but who knows, it's possible.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Grimsley x Shauntal: They don't interact, but I think they'd be interesting, with Shauntal being the more responsible of the two.

I love this one too! I just didn't think it counted as a rare ship, but then again, it has slowed down since Gen V ended... lol

What is your favorite rare shipping(s) and why?
Besides those three, I also do support PokeSilver (Ash x Lyra), Mock (Paul x Ursula), Atmoss (Falkner x ,Skyla) LongTian (Lance x Skyla), Shocking (Volkner x Elesa), and whatever the ship name is for Volkner & Jasmine.

AlexandrianShipping OTP~ <3 I would have listed this one too, but I'd just ramble about it and no one would like that. xD

Anyways, a few others popped up in my head:

CultureShockShipping (Lt. Surge & Erika) -- To be completely honest, this one just popped up out of nowhere just because of ONE fanart I saw; and it wasn't even a full-fledged fanart because it was a doodle I found on Deviantart! After thinking about it, it's actually pretty interesting if the age gap is putting aside (if you believe Lt. Surge is that much older than Erika). I can see this as a "mutual feelings ship but they won't ever get together" type of thing, which could be a pretty interesting fanfic. :3 I guess the ship name really fits; the stereotypical American soldier and the modern day Yamato Nadeshiko... I like it!

DevilShipping (Sidney/Phoebe) -- Another rare Hoenn ship I believe. I guess it's not as loved because of a potential age difference (?), but I like to think that Phoebe is older than she looks. Sidney and Phoebe could get along so well considering how they share a supernatural typing of Pokemon, and I actually believe Sidney is more down-to-earth than Phoebe who might have her head in the clouds from time to time. He might actually be the one who keeps the relationship grounded. XD

CombatShipping (Aaron/Maylene) -- This is another one that popped up reading fanfiction and I think it's really cute. Basically, they'd both be the youngest Trainer of their titles (Maylene is the youngest Sinnoh Gym Leader and Aaron is the youngest of the Sinnoh Elite Four). I can't really explain this one much other than the fact that I think it's cute. Like a lot of the ships I ship.

ValetShipping (Darach/Caitlin) -- I thought it was cute when I initially saw it in Platinum. Even one of the NPCs said that Darach might hold special feelings for Caitlin. There's not a lot on this ship from what I know and it's sad! It would have been awesome if Darach had shown up in Caitlin's villa in Undella Town and I would love to see the dynamic between Darach and a more grown up Caitlin, but at least she mentioned him once. That's something.

On the non-romantic side of shipping, I was kind of hoping to see more StormFallShipping (Wallace/Lisia) pop up after it was revealed how Wallace and Lisia were related, but it never happened. :( I mean, I see a few fanart popping up on Pixiv now and then, but I've yet to see anyone write fanfic on them being fabulous and adorable together (I'm in the process of writing one myself). I imagine Wallace was a great influence over Lisia during her childhood because Wallace was on babysitting duty. It could explain why she's so much like Wallace despite just being his niece. LOL

Also, I'd love to see more IlluminationShipping (Clemont/Bonnie/Elesa/Volkner) or even ElectrifiedShipping (Clemont/Lt. Surge/Wattson/Volkner/Elesa) in a family setting. They are sooo many bonding moments that could happen! That's...all I have to say about that. Someone make it happen. LOL

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I love this one too! I just didn't think it counted as a rare ship, but then again, it has slowed down since Gen V ended... lol

AlexandrianShipping OTP~ <3 I would have listed this one too, but I'd just ramble about it and no one would like that. xD

Anyways, a few others popped up in my head:

CultureShockShipping (Lt. Surge & Erika) -- To be completely honest, this one just popped up out of nowhere just because of ONE fanart I saw; and it wasn't even a full-fledged fanart because it was a doodle I found on Deviantart! After thinking about it, it's actually pretty interesting if the age gap is putting aside (if you believe Lt. Surge is that much older than Erika). I can see this as a "mutual feelings ship but they won't ever get together" type of thing, which could be a pretty interesting fanfic. :3 I guess the ship name really fits; the stereotypical American soldier and the modern day Yamato Nadeshiko... I like it!

DevilShipping (Sidney/Phoebe) -- Another rare Hoenn ship I believe. I guess it's not as loved because of a potential age difference (?), but I like to think that Phoebe is older than she looks. Sidney and Phoebe could get along so well considering how they share a supernatural typing of Pokemon, and I actually believe Sidney is more down-to-earth than Phoebe who might have her head in the clouds from time to time. He might actually be the one who keeps the relationship grounded. XD

CombatShipping (Aaron/Maylene) -- This is another one that popped up reading fanfiction and I think it's really cute. Basically, they'd both be the youngest Trainer of their titles (Maylene is the youngest Sinnoh Gym Leader and Aaron is the youngest of the Sinnoh Elite Four). I can't really explain this one much other than the fact that I think it's cute. Like a lot of the ships I ship.

ValetShipping (Darach/Caitlin) -- I thought it was cute when I initially saw it in Platinum. Even one of the NPCs said that Darach might hold special feelings for Caitlin. There's not a lot on this ship from what I know and it's sad! It would have been awesome if Darach had shown up in Caitlin's villa in Undella Town and I would love to see the dynamic between Darach and a more grown up Caitlin, but at least she mentioned him once. That's something.

On the non-romantic side of shipping, I was kind of hoping to see more StormFallShipping (Wallace/Lisia) pop up after it was revealed how Wallace and Lisia were related, but it never happened. :( I mean, I see a few fanart popping up on Pixiv now and then, but I've yet to see anyone write fanfic on them being fabulous and adorable together (I'm in the process of writing one myself). I imagine Wallace was a great influence over Lisia during her childhood because Wallace was on babysitting duty. It could explain why she's so much like Wallace despite just being his niece. LOL

Also, I'd love to see more IlluminationShipping (Clemont/Bonnie/Elesa/Volkner) or even ElectrifiedShipping (Clemont/Lt. Surge/Wattson/Volkner/Elesa) in a family setting. They are sooo many bonding moments that could happen! That's...all I have to say about that. Someone make it happen. LOL

True, it was somewhat popular during Gen V.

And forgot Devilshipping and Valet. ESPECIALLY Devil. That's another one of my top favorites and I'm surprised I forgot it. Phoebe is just my favorite Elite 4 member, and the fan art for it is beyond adorable.

Satoshi & Touko

Shalourshipping! Yes, I count this one as rare as of this point because there are fewer than 10 stories still on ff-dot-net. I haven't watched all of the Korrina episodes, but I've seen the first few and this ship is kind of like Othelloshipping!

I remember Ash and Korrina's first interactions and I was able to see for myself the similarities that they had. Something that is a major part of Othelloshipping IMO. Also a major part is having fun with each other with battling and they did that too! Seriously, when am I going to stop drawing parallels to my main OTPs?

Ermagosh! I so clearly remember the moment when Korrina's stomach growled just like when Ash got hungry. I fanboy just thinking about it! I have no idea why :D

Last edited:
Is abilityshipping counted as rare? Anyway, I am also a fan of this shipping. It's really cute and the fact that Annabel also has feelings for Ash but too bad, she realized that he was too young to notice other people's feelings. watch out Serena, a wild love rival appears XD

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I would say it's rare. I haven't seen a lot of AbilityShipping, but then again, it's an old ship. lol

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I'm not much into Ash ships, but Abilityshipping is pretty adorable.

My favorite Ash ship is probably actually Leagueshipping. It was one of my first ships, actually.

ej02

Australia Amourship
Uhh mister othelloshippiper.
My question is you say that ash and hilda have so much in comman how?
you see I recall you saying that hilda would have an outgoing personality
but were did you get that from?
It wasnt anything like the manga.
and little to no personallity in the games
do you just make a personality up so it would fit?
I am not flaming the ship yet mearly comfused
please reply my fello othelloshippiper

AbsolsRKewl123

Proud Absol Trainer
One of the rare ships that I support is BrendanXWally. Maybe it's not that rare to some people, but I never see any fan art/fan fiction written about these two. Of course, it's not one of my OTP's, but I certainly do love it! I really like Wally as character in the games, I just thought he was adorable, and kind of sad with his asthma, but in a likeable way (That is, at first. XP) And from the little I've gathered from Brendan, I like him a lot, too. Plus, I love how in the games Wally is all nervous, and really admires your character, and I kinda just choose to believe that he's always referring to Brendan when I think of that dialogue. :p

Here's another one:
I'm pretty sure it's called Fourthwheelshipping, and it's BonnieXMax. I just like how they're both so cute and I always want to hug them. >.< And I feel if they ever did meet up, then they would either get along really well based on both of their huge interests in Pokemon, or they would argue a lot because they're both little kids, and I feel they might have the "boy vs. girl" kind of relationship. None the less, it would be adorable!

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Uhh mister othelloshippiper.
My question is you say that ash and hilda have so much in comman how?
you see I recall you saying that hilda would have an outgoing personality
but were did you get that from?
It wasnt anything like the manga.
and little to no personallity in the games
do you just make a personality up so it would fit?
I am not flaming the ship yet mearly comfused
please reply my fello othelloshippiper

One thing that they have in common is that they are both the Chosen Ones of Legendary Pokemon (Lugia for Ash and either Zekrom or Reshiram for Hilda depending on the game). Another is their love for battles (Hilda invites herself to accompany Hilbert on the Battle Subway, remember?) She apparently is a major battle-loving girl between this and the fact that she was willing to train both offensive-based and defensive-based pokemon. There's some things.

True. Hilda doesn't have a set in stone personality in the game, but if she did, to me, going by the way she presents herself in her picture, she is someone who is edgy, energetic, confident, and full of life. As such, this is how I envision her. Most of these traits are found in Ash also.

While I do have a headcanon on how I see Hilda's personality, I based it on what I see and feel by looking at her image and really soaking it in to sense what her personality likely would be (hope this makes sense. I can't figure out any other way to explain it).I don't simply pick a personality for her because I want her to be a certain way for the pushing of my favorite ship or something.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Last edited:

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
The manga counterparts are not the game counterparts. For instance, May and Brendan do have defined game personalities, but Sapphire and Ruby are much different. There is a reason most of them don't share their name with their game counterpart. True, Hilda has little defined personality in the games, but not characterizing her like White isn't necessarily out of character. I personally see her as a laid back tomboy who's brash but kind.

Last edited:

BubChan

Wonderwall
I kinda like ZionShipping (May x Jack Walker [Movie "Pokémon and the temple of the sea"]), and I feel like i'm the unique ZionShipper, i know this is kinda "wrong", I think that Jackie is an adult, and May is a child, but I can't help liking this shipping, so yeah, i'm the only one that find this ship cute?

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
I ship quite a few rare ones though some I'm puzzled why they're rare.
I guess Abilityshipping (Ash & Anabel), though I think it's just mostly rare nowadays cause its old. I also like Ash with Angie. They just seem to fit with Ash and seem really cute with him.
SailorShipping (Archie & Matt) guess its overshadowed by Hardenshipping (Archie & Maxie), but those two just seemed real close especially in AS.
AntagonistShipping (Lt. Surge & Sabrina) seems really interesting.
Firsttrainershipping (Red & Kris/Crystal) seems surprisingly unliked/unnoticed, more than Heartgoldshipping (Red & Ethan/Gold). I think they'd be cute together.
And Commandershipping (Tabitha & Shelly) seems a bit rare. I think it'd be interesting to see them together.
Brighttomorrowshipping (Calem & Shauna) seems extremely rare especially compared to Boutiqueshipping (Serena & Shauna). There's extremely little fanart for it while for Bouique there's much more. Though there's a little more cute dialogue with Calm and the same firework scene =/
IndigoShipping (Ritchie & Misty) seems like a cute ship I could see working out, but there's not much out for it.
UniformShipping (Brock, Officer Jenny & Nurse Joy) is my favorite OT3, but no one seems to care for it. Brock seems to be the only one that can differentiate between all the Nurse Joy's and Officer Jenny's and is always real kind with them.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I kinda like ZionShipping (May x Jack Walker [Movie "Pokémon and the temple of the sea"]), and I feel like i'm the unique ZionShipper, i know this is kinda "wrong", I think that Jackie is an adult, and May is a child, but I can't help liking this shipping, so yeah, i'm the only one that find this ship cute?
I never considered them together before, but now that I think about it, when May gets older, that could be kind of cute.

Satoshi & Touko

I ship quite a few rare ones though some I'm puzzled why they're rare.
I guess Abilityshipping (Ash & Anabel), though I think it's just mostly rare nowadays cause its old. I also like Ash with Angie. They just seem to fit with Ash and seem really cute with him.

Abilityshipping definitely seems much more rare than in the past. Morpheusshipping and a personal fave of mine, Pokesilvershipping, are ultra mega rare. It is interesting to me that these ships have become as rare as they have, even though they all have canon hints.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Abilityshipping definitely is a rare shipping, if you ask me.

I do support quite a few rare shippings besides the ones I mentioned before.

• ColdCoffeeshipping (Paul x Barry) - I'm definitely more of a Comashipper but I do happen to like this pairing a lot. Barry was basically a Paul fanboy and that was what sold this pairing out to me.
  • PokeSilvershipping (Ash x Lyra) - It's a cute pairing and honestly, I still believe that Lyra was crushing on Ash, why else would she ask Dawn if Ash is her boyfriend then try to push Dawn to get together with Khoury?
  • Originshipping (Steven x Wallace) - I always felt this shipping is rather rare, especially in comparison to HoennChampionshipping (Steven x May) but I think these two are just made for each other.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Points to OriginShipping! :) I'll be honest and say I didn't really support it before, but after actually experiencing the dynamic in ORAS, I can totally go for it. With that said, I'm also growing to love HowlShipping (Steven/Sidney), though mostly as a platonic friendship. When Sidney showed up at the Battle Maison saying he was looking for Steven, I automatically loved the idea that Sidney had to be Steven's "babysitter". :D I've seen fanart of them together, but it's not enough for me! lol And there's also CandlestickShipping (Steven/Flannery). It isn't my favorite Steven Stone ship, but the very few fanfic on it is adorable because Steven and Flannery are such dorks together.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I didn't know Originshipping was rare. I've seen quite a bit of it before. OR/AS got me on board for it as well, though, plus a pretty awesome fan artist who I can't find the link to right now who drew a lot of cute art of the pairing.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Neither do I because I certainly remember it being popular way back when, but I'm guessing with the resurgence of HoennChampionShipping, it's taken a backseat from what I know. However, I know it's still a popular slash ship. [sub]I'm guessing it hasn't hit it's peak because of how Wallace was redesigned... which I don't get because he is far more amazing now.[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.