• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rare Pokemon Shippings Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiryn

Lol, I guess we are talking about AlphaIdeals now. XD

But YESSSSS, I SO AGREE WITH YOU. :D Like, really, some of Zinnia's quotes...."You never disappoint me"? "You look so adorable when you sleep"?! I mean, for pity's sake. How was I ever expected to NOT ship it, especially when it's being waved like a flag in front of my face? WELP, I'M NOT IGNORING IT, SO HERE I AM. XD

I demand more as well. It saddens me that I've only come across, like, two fanfics for them on AO3. D:

I don't know if I would say May/Zinnia is my May OTP, because it's tied with May/Lisia in my esteem....so I don't choose, and instead just go straight for the OT3 in May/Lisia/Zinnia. :p I'm just saving myself on the heartache there, though of course there isn't any fanwork for all three together, that I've seen. But I AM happy that both of these May ships, at least, are getting some attention around here. Warms my heart, that does. ^^

But ZOMG, LISIA/ZINNIA, THOUGH. *draws hearts around them forever* I'm actually now shipping these two pretty hard, and I can see them working out surprisingly well together...and of course, considering that my heart just loves to go and support the greatest underdog the most in any given situation (see also: my deep and abiding love for Terra/Cinderella in Kingdom Hearts over any other option for them XD), I'm actually ending up loving these two together even more than their respective May ships. *headdesk*

Anyway. Yeah, it seems not a lot of people have thought much about this ship, but once I did...well, there was no going back. :p So, the way I see this working out: Lisia's whole thing is that she wants to showcase a different side to Pokémon and another way of bonding with them (outside of just battling) through her Contests, and with Zinnia looking for a fresh start and a new purpose in life and to figure out what actually makes her happy, now that her destiny is no longer crushing her and she's finding a way out from under her grief...I think that Lisia would be the breath of fresh air that Zinnia needs, and would be really good for her, and would be caring and supportive of her. And I think Zinnia would find Lisia to be charming and endearing and amusing. :3

I mean, I don't necessarily think that Zinnia's going to find her calling in Contests or whatever, but I think it'd be a nice new experience for her to try out; or even, since we don't know anything about Aster and her relationship with Zinnia, maybe it could be a way for Zinnia to remember Aster, and to help take the sting out of the memories. A way for Zinnia to truly work through and work out her emotions and process her grief. I just...one of the main reasons why I love Lisia ships so much is that I think she brings a new perspective to the relationships, and it's something that I, at least, appreciate. (And it's why I adore the concept of Contests in general, because in comparison to battling, it was something NEW and different and unique, with a nice blend of more obvious artistry, so it's nice to have some representation of that in Lisia XD) And new perspective is precisely what Zinnia needs, in my opinion. (May is also good about the whole perspective thing, too, in the Delta Episode :3) I just want Zinnia to heal and be happy and shake off that implied death wish. ;;;;;;

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I don't know if I would say May/Zinnia is my May OTP, because it's tied with May/Lisia in my esteem....so I don't choose, and instead just go straight for the OT3 in May/Lisia/Zinnia. :p I'm just saving myself on the heartache there, though of course there isn't any fanwork for all three together, that I've seen. But I AM happy that both of these May ships, at least, are getting some attention around here. Warms my heart, that does. ^^

Then I present to you this: http://violent-pixels.tumblr.com/post/107676199971/more-like-i-kinda-ship-them-am-i-bad
May be only one, but at least someone has done it! :) Though, I can understand why it could still be a rare thing, threesomes of ABC can be a little difficult to find than say AB or AC or BC.

But ZOMG, LISIA/ZINNIA, THOUGH. *draws hearts around them forever* I'm actually now shipping these two pretty hard, and I can see them working out surprisingly well together...and of course, considering that my heart just loves to go and support the greatest underdog the most in any given situation (see also: my deep and abiding love for Terra/Cinderella in Kingdom Hearts over any other option for them XD), I'm actually ending up loving these two together even more than their respective May ships. *headdesk*

Off-topic, but high five to shipping in Kingdom Hearts! :D Unfortunately, I'm not much of a Terra/Cinderella shipper since I'm very much on-board the Terra/Aqua train... :p

Annnnd, can I just say I ship ElectricBounceShipping (Clemont/Shauna)? I sort of wish they elaborate on the Clemont/Shauna friendship in the game because I honestly don't know how Shauna even stumbled upon Clemont and Bonnie in the first place. lol I hope that gets expanded somehow in the third XY games. And sorry for suddenly change topics from AlphaIdeals. lol

Also, ScandalousShipping (Steven/Lisia)! :D Granted, I don't ship it that romantically, but I can see them being really great friends. xD It would be like Steven dealing with two Wallaces though. lol Oh, and this mention was the greatest thing ever: http://fortrees.tumblr.com/post/106553945800/lets-all-sit-back-and-appreciate-how-lisia-has
Because Lisia only ever knows Steven 'as that guy obsessed with rocks.' xD

Kiryn

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! INSTANT FAV/REBLOG!!!!!! lol, yes, that I was the only one I've seen so far, BUT IT IS GLORIOUS ANYWAY. XD But yeah, I find that fanwork for threesomes to be harder and rarer to find, usually, as well. (I can't seem to find the strike-through button, so I'm just using parenthetical asides *headdesk*; but I don't have much luck with my KH OT3 either XD).

yesssssssss, kingdom hearts! Lol, KH was the first fandom to kindle my love in crack shipping. XD But, uh, yeah, ever since I saw Terra and Cinderella's ADORABLE interactions in BBS during the Castle of Dreams for the first time, I've been a hardcore Terrella shipper ever since. XD I'm happy that it's been steadily gaining more ground over the years, lol. (And I ship Aqua/Vanitas, so it all works out for me juuuuuuust fine. XD XD XD)

Anyway, back on topic. :p

You know, until I stumbled across this forum, I TOTALLY FORGOT that, yeah, Clemont and Shauna were friends in the games. XD And you're right, that should be expanded upon, either in the games, or I guess possibly in the anime (but I wouldn't know about how they are in the anime, as I'm still waaaaaay back in Hoenn in my anime watching XD XD XD *headdesk* So maybe they have mentioned it a bit *shrugs*). But yeah, definitely should be expanded upon if they do a third XY game! Heh, I wouldn't know how Shauna stumbled upon them either....but then, I don't remember if Shauna actually lives in Vaniville Town at all...like, technically, unlike most the other games, the Pokemon Professor of Kalos doesn't actually live in your hometown, and is instead in Lumiose. And I think Trevor, at least, lives in Lumiose too...plus, Kalos seems, in general, to be....idk, a much smaller region than the others? So Lumiose doesn't seem to be that far away, even if Shauna did live in Vaniville, so maybe, given how fashion-oriented she seems, she would have been able to visit Lumiose a lot anyway? Lol, idk, this is all mostly speculation on my part. XD

(And when the others return to this thread, we can always pick back up on Alpha Ideals. Plus, I'd already wandered away in bit in expanding upon my headcanon for Lisia/Zinnia anyway XD)

(lol, isn't that how everyone thinks of steven? XD other than "that silver-haired dreamboat" :p)

And actually, since I'm a Steven/Wallace shipper, I love the little platonic family-like dynamic that Steven could possibly have with Lisia. :3 Plus, then I think you'd get cute Lisia/Wallace interaction, in that Lisia probably teases the crap out of Wallace about what a nerd his boyfriend is. XD And lol, maybe once Lisia would have tried to combine their interests, and made cute little dresses and stuff and dressed up Steven's rocks, much to his horror and Wallace's amusement. XD

(oh god, i need to stopppp, otherwise i'm just going to go on all day XD *headdesk*)

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! INSTANT FAV/REBLOG!!!!!! lol, yes, that I was the only one I've seen so far, BUT IT IS GLORIOUS ANYWAY. XD But yeah, I find that fanwork for threesomes to be harder and rarer to find, usually, as well. (I can't seem to find the strike-through button, so I'm just using parenthetical asides *headdesk*; but I don't have much luck with my KH OT3 either XD).

You're welcome! And I don't know where the strikethrough is on the toolbar either, but I already knew that the command was [s ] [ /s] without spaces. :) And my KH OT3 of Saix/Larxene/Axel doesn't have much luck either. lol

yesssssssss, kingdom hearts! Lol, KH was the first fandom to kindle my love in crack shipping. XD But, uh, yeah, ever since I saw Terra and Cinderella's ADORABLE interactions in BBS during the Castle of Dreams for the first time, I've been a hardcore Terrella shipper ever since. XD I'm happy that it's been steadily gaining more ground over the years, lol. (And I ship Aqua/Vanitas, so it all works out for me juuuuuuust fine. XD XD XD)

Thought Terra was adorable being a gentleman to Cinderella too, so I have to give him points for being a softy. ;P And lol! xD

Sorry, mods, back on-topic, promise.

Anyway, back on topic. :p

You know, until I stumbled across this forum, I TOTALLY FORGOT that, yeah, Clemont and Shauna were friends in the games. XD And you're right, that should be expanded upon, either in the games, or I guess possibly in the anime (but I wouldn't know about how they are in the anime, as I'm still waaaaaay back in Hoenn in my anime watching XD XD XD *headdesk* So maybe they have mentioned it a bit *shrugs*). But yeah, definitely should be expanded upon if they do a third XY game! Heh, I wouldn't know how Shauna stumbled upon them either....but then, I don't remember if Shauna actually lives in Vaniville Town at all...like, technically, unlike most the other games, the Pokemon Professor of Kalos doesn't actually live in your hometown, and is instead in Lumiose. And I think Trevor, at least, lives in Lumiose too...plus, Kalos seems, in general, to be....idk, a much smaller region than the others? So Lumiose doesn't seem to be that far away, even if Shauna did live in Vaniville, so maybe, given how fashion-oriented she seems, she would have been able to visit Lumiose a lot anyway? Lol, idk, this is all mostly speculation on my part. XD

Well, Clemont and Shauna definitely know each other in the anime, but where Shauna's considered, she mostly interacts with Serena, so that gives a bit of a boast to BoutiqueShipping if anything. :) And pretty sure game!Shauna is originally from Vaniville Town...she just doesn't have a house for some reason. lol And I agree! Kalos is pretty small despite the big gap between the first and second Gym. o.o Then again, I also felt Unova was pretty small too; it just have more dungeons/caves that made it feel longer to get to other towns. xD And spectulation is fine! Nothing has really been said, so technically, it could be up to the fans! :)

(lol, isn't that how everyone thinks of steven? XD other than "that silver-haired dreamboat" :p)

And actually, since I'm a Steven/Wallace shipper, I love the little platonic family-like dynamic that Steven could possibly have with Lisia. :3 Plus, then I think you'd get cute Lisia/Wallace interaction, in that Lisia probably teases the crap out of Wallace about what a nerd his boyfriend is. XD And lol, maybe once Lisia would have tried to combine their interests, and made cute little dresses and stuff and dressed up Steven's rocks, much to his horror and Wallace's amusement. XD

(oh god, i need to stopppp, otherwise i'm just going to go on all day XD *headdesk*)

Steven had become more of a silver-haired dream boat in this Gen than I remember in Gen 3 unless I was oblivious. Not that I'm complaining. xD

And yesss, I can definitely see the family dynamic too! It's somewhat popular, the trio of Steven/Lisia/Wallace, and I have seen plenty of fanart on it, so I can totally support the threesome. :) And everyday Wallace/Lisia interaction is fine by me because I love it so much! Pffft, forget Lisia dressing up Steven's rocks with tiny dresses; she can just dress up Steven in a dress himself. :p http://mikurikun.tumblr.com/post/105097628602/by

Anyways, I just have to say that I am head over heels in love with IronWillShipping; like almost when I realized how much I love AlexandrianShipping! o.o It might as well be my OTP for Dawn; and it's an age gap ship! But she and Riley just seem sooo right for each other... lol xD I don't know where the sudden surge to support this ship came from, but I'm okay with it. lol It seems most of my shipping comes from Gen IV... Fitting since I got back into Pokemon with that gen. xD

PokemonHunterJ

Pokemon Hunter
Two of my favorites are MizuhikiShipping (Cyrus x Cynthia) and LakeTrioCaptureShipping (Hunter J x Cyrus).
MizuhikiShipping has some fan art and what I've seen is adorable. Cyrus is just kinda "meh whatever" and Cynthia is totally in love with him. They're also opposites and you know how that always works out -cough cough HardenShipping cough cough-
LakeTrioCaptureShipping doesnt have any fanbase at all, tbh. Mostly because of J's lack of fans. Most people hated her for good reasons (she was a sadist who stole Ash's best friend-what's not to hate?). I don't see them being in a relationship like normal dating ones go either. It would probably be more along the lines of "I acknowledge your existence in particular" or "You're not as stupid as the rest of the people in Sinnoh but I still hate you".

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
While this ship is no longer a favorite of mine, I used to strongly support Outburstshipping. This one is Ash and Ursula and I had my interest in it when I was new to Fan Fiction and had come up with a really cool idea to make it work. It involved believing that even though Ursula would be usually be seen as cocky and not-so-nice to people she feels are below her, deep down she wasn't so bad and Ash would be her light in darkness, finding out the true nature of her and then showing her and then the world the nice person she really was inside.

Of course, today I'm more fussy about shippings and support them based on if I believe that they would work out.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
What is your favorite rare shipping(s) and why?

I don't want to say I think it's a rare shipping, but considering that I don't see a whole lot of activity when it comes to the pairing (and currently I'm pretty much the only one on Serebii who actively ships it), MewShipping is my favorite. I don't think I really have to explain why I do, I just find the pairing really interesting and adorable. Doesn't seem to be popular due to the whole incest subtext (which really depends on the universe), which doesn't make a whole lot of sense these days since I've seen a (rather uncomfortable) rising number of incest pairings in other fandoms, including Pokémon. I'm sure there was a small surge some years ago, but it's basically really quiet now. Sure, elsewhere on the web, I do occasionally find new pieces of art or fan fiction of the pairing, but that's mainly because of actively searching for it. Which is true for all pairings, really, but some show up more easily than others.

I dunno, I guess I'm kinda complaining about the lack of (active) fans as it's a bit of a way to let me know that I'm not the only one who likes it. *shrugs* There's also CloneShipping (Mewtwo and Amber Fuji, it's also known as LoveShipping), and that's rarer than MewShipping, but I don't support it that much outside of friendship.

Another one is LunarEclipseShipping (Darkrai x Cresselia). It's in the same vein as MewShipping in that not many people seem to take an interest in it, though I think it's a bit more popular. I dunno, I just think the pairing's cute, even though it's kinda cliché.

AegisShipping (Alice x Darkrai) is one I have a soft spot for. I developed it after watching Rise of Darkrai, although in actuality, I prefer Alicia x Darkrai more-so. But AegisShipping is fine by me, too. It's weird, I normally don't pair up humans and Pokémon, but I somehow gravitated toward that even though I don't actively support it.

BubChan

Wonderwall
^^ Aegis is such a cute shipping! I'm not an active supporter too, but I really love them, and they sure deserve more love!

There's one shipping that I ship so hard, it totally deserve more love, It's ShayminShipping (Brock x Marley), seriously, their interactions were so sweet, i can't help shipping them, it seems that everyone ships Brock with Lucy or Nurse Joy, that's kinda sad, because I feel like i'm the only ShayminShipper in the Pokémon fandom

Kiryn

MonMonCandie: Thanks for the tip! lol, my kh ot3 is Kairi/Ven/Xion, so you can imagine how rare that is XD And awwww, that fanart is amazing! Embrace the makeovers, Steven! XP

*sighs* I still can't comment about anything Sinnoh yet. *headdesk*

I suppose I would support MewShipping, if only because I just love reading about them in general and interacting with each other, but I haven't really thought much on the ship itself. Hmm. The only Mewtwo ship that I have so far is him with Ash, because I adore their relationship, so maybe I should get on with shipping Mew and Mewtwo around more. XD

Although, speaking of Ash, you know who I think is a shame that we don't talk about more? MORRISON. My god, he is the cutest, sweetest, most precious and gentle soul EVER, and I have literally never heard anyone ever talk about him before, and I can't figure out WHY. I think both of Ash's Hoenn rivals are great, and yet even though people go on and on about Paul and the like, but Morrison and Tyson are never mentioned, and again, I think that's a shame. I guess that May got the more antagonistic rivals, and so Ash's were just super nice and friendly and all-around FUN to hang out with, and it's a nice change of pace for Ash, imo. May and Tyson being foodies together was great, but ASH AND MORRISON THOUGH. XD They were absolutely hilarious together, and yet they also had these surprisingly quiet and tender moments that I really appreciated. Then there was that whole thing with Morrison being nearly unable to battle Ash because he couldn't stand the thought of hurting him, and it just utterly shattered my heart, ughhhhhh Morrison bby why are you so precious. They were just so cute together, and Morrison's level of care and concern for Ash, and then his utter faith and conviction in Ash, and their funny uber-competitiveness---they're really great. My only regrets are that Morrison wasn't introduced into the anime sooner, and that HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A CHARACTER TAG ON FFNET, whyyyyyyy. :/ So, yeah, I think that the rival that nobody seems to ever remember or talk about counts for a rare pair, right? >.>

Although, for another rare pair that the anime has given me, there's Wobbuffet/Lombre (Jessie's and Brock's Pokemon, respectively). The episode "Once in a Mawile" convinced me to ship it, because BAD COMEDY ROUTINE TEAM UP, you guys!!!!! XD You don't even get to hear the joke, but it was still one of the funniest things I've ever seen, omg. XD XD XD

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Well here are some of mine:

ZoeyXNando - I just think they are cute

JessieXMay - It's weird but i could just see it in that season

FantinaXWallace - Fabulous Darlings!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Another rare shipping I support is LagomorphShipping, or Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Buneary. Some say that the Pokemon being in love with each other is a sign of the trainers being in love with each other, but I don't buy it. Pikachu and Buneary's feelings for each other have nothing to do with Ash or Dawn's romantic interests. Buneary is even a minor character in my SSB fanfic The Real Smash Bros., where she is currently expecting Pikachu's children. Of course with both Pokemon being small mammals (Pikachu a mouse and Buneary a rabbit), they are a perfect fit for each other.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Another rare shipping I support is LagomorphShipping, or Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Buneary. Some say that the Pokemon being in love with each other is a sign of the trainers being in love with each other, but I don't buy it. Pikachu and Buneary's feelings for each other have nothing to do with Ash or Dawn's romantic interests. Buneary is even a minor character in my SSB fanfic The Real Smash Bros., where she is currently expecting Pikachu's children. Of course with both Pokemon being small mammals (Pikachu a mouse and Buneary a rabbit), they are a perfect fit for each other.

I'm not sure if I would consider Lagomorphshipping "rare" per se, but since I said in the rules that I didn't want people to talk about pokemonxpokemon or humanxpokemon ships in this thread, that's a topic for elsewhere.

On topic though, I do kind of like the idea of Fireredshipping, which is Ash and Zoey. I think, even if no romantic feelings develop between them, if Ash did do some traveling with Zoey, I think it would do wonders for him as a trainer in terms of intelligence. She could help him in being more clever and creative in his battle strategies. If feelings do build up, it could be because Zoey had actually always wanted a traveling companion and her and Ash could bond with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.