• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rare Pokemon Shippings Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormanafemale

Handymanshipping because they are just so cute together. It isn't toally rare nor is it super popular so I am counting it. I love their interactions and Daisy's out of character behavior helping Tracey with the pipes despite earlier complaining about pool grime. And two couples I don't ship much but think be awesome couples if they ever met first is Gary x Sakura(the girls with the espeon) come on he has umbreon and she has an espeon. Te other is Ritchie x Duplica because they are mimicks of Ash and Misty not dorect copy and paste but pretty darn close if I need to explain Ritchie that's sad. I will explain Duplica just in case hair is odd color you can't tell me Misty's carrot orange hair isn't odd.They meet Duplica she has ditto who just ccan't get it mind of derpy psyduck anyone. Then second meeting after Misty has togepi Duplica has the small ditto who can tramsform but is always small wola baby pokémon equivalent for Duplica. So I think Ritchie and Duplica would get along great.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Handymanshipping is pure adorable. I seem to recall a lot of my love of it coming from Chronicles, but my memory of it is foggy...

TheGuy131

Revolutionary
Surprised actually that no one has really mentioned Lucas here. I honestly think it'd be neat if a LucasxMay were to exist, mainly because no one really thinks about it, and it seems Pokemon has completely forgotten about his character. Taken from what they give us with Diamond from the manga, I think it'd be neat to see how it works out. I'm also not quite sure if I give it a name, or if it already has one.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Surprised actually that no one has really mentioned Lucas here. I honestly think it'd be neat if a LucasxMay were to exist, mainly because no one really thinks about it, and it seems Pokemon has completely forgotten about his character. Taken from what they give us with Diamond from the manga, I think it'd be neat to see how it works out. I'm also not quite sure if I give it a name, or if it already has one.
I love Lucas/Leaf, mainly because of how I characterize them in my headcanon. I see Leaf as more motherly and slightly timid while Lucas is a bit awkward and clumsy but kind. I could totally see them working together as researchers on the Sevii Islands.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Abilityshipping definitely seems much more rare than in the past. Morpheusshipping and a personal fave of mine, Pokesilvershipping, are ultra mega rare. It is interesting to me that these ships have become as rare as they have, even though they all have canon hints.

MorpheusShipping is such a great couple, I ship them, and yeah, sadly, now days, this ship has become one rare ship, this makes me sad, because their interaction were pure cuteness, I still want to see Angie again, in the next gen of the anime I guess, because it's almost confirmed that we're going to have a DP remake

anyway, AdmirationShipping (Drew x Brianna) is another ship that I adore, sadly, we have many ContestShippers that hate this shipping, and those who don't ship Contest don't even care about Brianna (It's not surprising, she's a COTD tho), I still want to find more AdmirationShippers to talk

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Aww, Admirationshipping. As surprising as that is, I do love that ship and I'm a Contestshipper myself. It was just so cute, seeing as how Brianna had a crush on Drew and how she got all nervous around him. It is very sad that Brianna is only a COTD but I still think this pairing is very cute.

Another pairing that I really adore is BaseballShipping (Ash & Casey) but sadly, this pairing never really got enough love. It was just so cute.

TheBraveGallade

well my rare shipps are...
furthershippinh
the thing is, I see a LOT of leaf in fanfics recently but usually as part of the best friend trifecta between ash gary and leaf and as NOTHING else. See can either be badass or just a normal girl but always sortof flirty(which is nice) but i never see HER get together.
altoshipping
this is a ship EVERYONE knows but... yeah. Not much discussion for it EVER dispite its suprising popularity. the fact its a pokexhuman dosn't help. However one author made a fic and its sequal to be on top of the ff.net page for faves. Also another fic inspired by this is on the front page as well. So... yay for ARCEUS-master?
dewshipping
VERY often overlooked ship. And a preety tragic one if it blatently was cannon. one of the two humans latios cared for is bianca. Yeah. and the affection goes both ways. Also a great suppliment for altoshipping.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I used to ship AltoShipping, actually, it was my first pokémon ship, I really don't care if a ship is PokexHuman, if it has hints, I can ship xD I'm actually happy to see that you like this shippings, and I still hope to see this shipping getting back to life, but I don't think that's possible, well, that Latias was an movie pokémon, hardly a movie pokémon return to the anime

TheBraveGallade

I used to ship AltoShipping, actually, it was my first pokémon ship, I really don't care if a ship is PokexHuman, if it has hints, I can ship xD I'm actually happy to see that you like this shippings, and I still hope to see this shipping getting back to life, but I don't think that's possible, well, that Latias was an movie pokémon, hardly a movie pokémon return to the anime

if you like altoship you should read ff.net's fics with latias in it. Numerically they are sparce but the sheer quality of latias fics is REALLY damn high. Despite there being like only two pages of fics THREE of them appear on the top page when sorting by fics. One of them is a new chance at life, and it has a sequal a new chance for adventure. Arcus master(called arcy) has plans to write this from the end of the heroes movie to at least unova. The other fic the black latios is a bit darker. But the reason i said that Arcy made this ship re popularized single handedly is that THISfic was influenced by arcy's fic.

My OTP is pearl (if you ever watch jp anime the theme songs in jp hint at it so blatently ESPECIALLY the movie ones) but when it actually comes down to it the only reason pearl wins against alto for me is that there is SO much more to talk about.

Janey4319

Tracey's Waifu
Mostly everything I ship is hard to come by!

KoKoShipping - Butch x James

HandymanShipping - Tracey x Daisy

DaddyShipping - Ash x Sammy

CactusThornShipping - Harley x Jessie

SomeElseShipping - Georgio x Misty

And I recently started to do a bit of TwistedShipping - Cassidy x James

Vycksta

I have been meaning to post in this thread for a while; this and the crack shippings thread are my cups of tea!

What is your favourite rare shipping(s) and why?
The one rare pairing that stands out for me here, which I ship rather passionately, is Senirasushipping (Volkner x Candice). It gets overlooked a lot, considered "third place" behind Ignitionshipping and Alexandrianshipping, and I do find that a shame. Candice's content, excitable, focused personality would bounce off Volkner's to make an interesting contrast. She'd easily put a smile on his face, as well as give him a battle he'd enjoy.

Then there's Strategistshipping (Proton x Ariana). He gets paired off mainly with Archer or Lyra, while the top fandom choice for her is Giovanni. Now I'm NGL, Launchshipping, Cannonshipping and Silverspawnshipping/Mafiososhipping are all decent pairings, but the potential ruthlessness that both Proton and Ariana could bring to the table, both in their work and in their relationship, is one I don't want to shake off. They are the more badass and bodacious of the Rocket Executives compared to Archer and Petrel, for sure.

They could adopt Lyra if they want as well. I'm always up for family!Allemarciashipping.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
I have a hard time finding art or works for shippings involving the Rocket Executives of HG/SS in general (aside from sometimes Giovanni/Ariana and Proton/Lyra). I'm all for seeing more of it.

I'd love to see Petrel shipped around more, but maybe that's because I want more attention for Petrel in general. Easily my favorite non-Lyra Johto character.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I have been meaning to post in this thread for a while; this and the crack shippings thread are my cups of tea!

What is your favourite rare shipping(s) and why?
The one rare pairing that stands out for me here, which I ship rather passionately, is Senirasushipping (Volkner x Candice). It gets overlooked a lot, considered "third place" behind Ignitionshipping and Alexandrianshipping, and I do find that a shame. Candice's content, excitable, focused personality would bounce off Volkner's to make an interesting contrast. She'd easily put a smile on his face, as well as give him a battle he'd enjoy.

I actually don't mind SenirasuShipping; and I'm an AlexandrianShipper. :) I actually read more Volkner/Candice fanfic than I did Volkner/Jasmine a long time ago and I have to admit, they're fairly good! I've seen Senirasu fics getting pumped out once in a while, so it's definitely still alive! I can see what you mean by the contrast; Candice would probably be one of the few people Volkner wouldn't be able to forget even if he tried. If we don't count how lax his Pokemon Adventures counterpart is. lol

I have a hard time finding art or works for shippings involving the Rocket Executives of HG/SS in general (aside from sometimes Giovanni/Ariana and Proton/Lyra). I'm all for seeing more of it.

I'd love to see Petrel shipped around more, but maybe that's because I want more attention for Petrel in general. Easily my favorite non-Lyra Johto character.

I've seen him shipped with Archer if that means anything; and I'm pretty sure he's been shipped with Proton too. I've seen it more in the Japanese community than the English one though; so that could explain any lack of shipping material for him. Though I agree. Generally, most of the villain characters (sans Team Magma/Aqua as they're getting a far bit of attention ATM) don't get a lot of shipping love. Bad guys are people too. *shot*

OppositesAttractShipping (Buck/Marley) is one of the Gen IV ships I like and it's rarely been written on (I've written it once). The whole concept of the characters is pretty true to their ship name. :p CreepUpShipping (Thorton/Caitlin) is another one I like. Thorton and Caitlin were pretty close in age and I can see them getting on each other's nerves for different reasons. The rest of the Frontier Brains would probably tease them for this (not counting Darach maybe). xD

xEryChan

Demon Child
I actually really happen to like SenirasuShipping. Sadly, I have not read any fanfictions for this pairing or haven't seen much fanart either but then again, I don't go looking for it either.

I don't know if I can consider this a rare pairing or not but I actually really happen to like AtmossShipping (Falkner x Skyla). They're both gym leaders who specialize in flying type Pokemon and they would go really well together. I always felt like this pairing was overshadowed by whatever the name of Elesa x Skyla is I'm too lazy to look it up, alright? but I still really happen to like it.

These are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
One of the rare shippings I support is Fourthwheelshipping. A couple of posts have mentioned this already, but it is the shipping between Max and Bonnie. I actually have them living in a room together as very minor characters in a reality television series-styled Super Smash Bros. fanfic, in this vein Ash and Misty share a room, as do Drew and May, Dawn and Kenny, and Clemont and Serena (which ties in to my belief that the Pikachu in the SSB series is Ash's, and so is the Charizard that is in SSB 4).

One of these days, I will get to writing a chapter focusing on Max and Bonnie. They have so much in common, like for instance, they are too young at this time to own their own Pokemon. It's just a matter of having them actually meet on the Pokemon TV show.

Vycksta

Scarlet Tactician said:

Some years back I went through a binge, for lack of a better term, and saved every bit of fanart I could of the SSRE (Stupid Sexy Rocket Executives; I'll never NOT call them that!). In that massive collection I do have pieces of every pairing combination you can make between the four, but I cannot access them at this point of time. One day though, one day.

When it comes to Petrel, I do agree; he's the overlooked one and I think they are all equal in their own right. My OTP for him is easily Maxfactorshipping (Petrel x Misty), because she needs somebody like him to give her the respect and attention she craves in a relationship. He will certainly treat her right without going too overboard, as well as being quite the expert at helping her get all dolled up for a glamourous night out! In turn, Misty will come to see that it's not merely about looks when it comes to romance. Petrel is the "nice guy" after all, and I believe that to be true, even if it is a little skewered from time to time.

My late best friend and I did have plans to maybe do some Petrel x Leaf back in the days of roleplaying. Maybe I'll actually give the ship a name eventually!

MonMonCandie said:
I actually don't mind SenirasuShipping; and I'm an AlexandrianShipper. :) I actually read more Volkner/Candice fanfic than I did Volkner/Jasmine a long time ago and I have to admit, they're fairly good! I've seen Senirasu fics getting pumped out once in a while, so it's definitely still alive! I can see what you mean by the contrast; Candice would probably be one of the few people Volkner wouldn't be able to forget even if he tried. If we don't count how lax his Pokemon Adventures counterpart is. lol
This warms my little black heart to read! It's always lovely to see fellow shippers out there, and I say this as the sole supporter of a lot of pairings! Yeah, best not to count that version!

Throwing it out there that Volkner x Candice x Jasmine is nameless. I cannot help but feel that this should be resolved.

xEryChan said:
I actually really happen to like SenirasuShipping. Sadly, I have not read any fanfictions for this pairing or haven't seen much fanart either but then again, I don't go looking for it either.

I don't know if I can consider this a rare pairing or not but I actually really happen to like AtmossShipping (Falkner x Skyla). They're both gym leaders who specialize in flying type Pokemon and they would go really well together. I always felt like this pairing was overshadowed by whatever the name of Elesa x Skyla is I'm too lazy to look it up, alright? but I still really happen to like it.

These are the only ones I can think of at the moment.
Yet somebody else with excellent taste!

I personally find a lot of Elesa or Skyla pairings get overshadowed by the one between each other, which is Airplaneshipping. I love both of them, consider them two of my favourite characters in the whole franchise, yet there are more viable pairings for each of them, at least to me. My preference for Elesa is with Hilda (Fourshipping), and while I have to say that Atmosshipping is a gorgeous pairing, it will always be Flyshipping (Skyla x Winona) that I wave the flag for!

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
This warms my little black heart to read! It's always lovely to see fellow shippers out there, and I say this as the sole supporter of a lot of pairings! Yeah, best not to count that version!

Throwing it out there that Volkner x Candice x Jasmine is nameless. I cannot help but feel that this should be resolved.

It's always nice to reassure people that they aren't the only ones who ship certain rare ships. A lot of them, I feel, should get some attention too! :D

And yes, I agree! I really like intershipping between all of my favorite characters; meaning I have a lot of fandom bicycles. LOL I'd love for the threesome to get a name too. That, and Morty/Jasmine/Volkner (if it doesn't already; haven't checked). Both are already somewhere high on my favorite OT3 list, but it'd be nice to give them a name.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I started to ship AlphaIdealsShipping (May & Zinnia) after playing the episode Delta in Alpha Sapphire, I'm kinda surprised that they are not that popular, seriously, I still think that Zinnia has a secret crush on May, she's always helping her, all their scenes were so cuuute ~(They count as OmegaTruthShipping hints too, but I choosed May, so those are AlphaIdeals hint xD)

Kiryn

^ I ended up shipping May/Zinnia after ORAS as well. Along with May/Lisia and Lisia/Zinnia, and so course I just had to ship them altogether in May/Lisia/Zinnia. :3 But yeah, Zinnia is MAJORLY flirting with the player character the whole time, and ended up giving me actual ammunition, when I was prepared to just be content with crack femslash, so that was a nice surprise. ORAS was in general very good to me on the front of giving me a lot of nice queer ships to start sailing. XD And I like Zinnia/Brendan and May/Zinnia/Brendan as well; not as much as the alternatives, but it's still fun. I just like femslash better, especially when a game is prepared to give me actual support for said femslash. ;P And just for the heck of it, I also like May/Flannery as an ORAS ship too, along with some Shelly/May and Brendan/Courtney (which both had a few hints as well, I think). And idk if Shelly/Courtney is considered popular or not, but I like that one too.

Scarlet Tactician

Lazy, But Here
Oh gosh, are we talking AlphaIdeals? I love AlphaIdeals a lot. Zinnia's interactions with May as the protagonist are adorable, and I love their scenes later in the Delta Episode. I'd even go as far as to say it's my May OTP now. It needs so much more love. I've seen a lot of OmegaTruth or whatever Brendan/Zinnia is (maybe because of that scan going around with Ruby and Zinnia?), but not so much AlphaIdeals. I demand more. ;)

And Lisia/May is great, of course, though less rare from what I've seen. Never thought of Zinnia/Lisia before, though. That could be interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.