1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rare Pokemon Time Trial

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Jirachi777, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Jirachi777

Jirachi777 Serebii League

What's your record for catching a really rare Pokemon? I don't hold any records, but a family friend of mine caught a Chimecho 10 minutes after he got to Mt. Pyre's peak.

2. starterlover1

starterlover1 Emperor Coordinator

Chimecho was the first pokemon I found on mount pyre, for the record. I also found a feebas on my first try. A skitty was the third pokemon I found once I walked on route 116, after finding two taillows.

3. trouble440

trouble440 confuzzled

Feebas on the first try

4. duelistXmist

duelistXmist Johto Champion

Rayquaza with my frist ultra ball.

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I once found a Chimecho as soon as I walked into the grass on Mt. Pyre.

Once on my sapphire, I went searching for Absol, and it was the first pokemon I found, so I caught it, took a few more steps and found another pokemon, which was ANOTHER Absol!

On my Leaf Green, I had just beaten the Elite Four for the first time and just got my national dex, and so I headed out of Palet Town out onto route 1. I take like two steps in the grass and voila! Raikou appears! Talk about luck.

6. Psyboy

Psyboy Psychic Breeder

^Wow that is lucky! I found bagon as my second pokemon once I entered the area, not sure if it's as rare as the others you guys had found.

7. MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO I am watching you...

My best pokemon... day

Trained Alakazam up 10 levels

while training, ran into shiny Parasect. caught it with my only ball-luxury

going to the PC to see it's stats, run into suicune on the way.

catch it on second encounter.

What a great day!

8. kitsune_boy389

kitsune_boy389 OOOOOH PERTY!

The first egg I hatchedf was shiny. Little did I know that shiny's were rare and so I thought it must've been a problem so I factory reset it (Why did I do it?).

9. Psyboy

Psyboy Psychic Breeder

You reset the game! It's okay at least you had one at the moment I haven't gotten a shiny since the Johto era (a krabby while fishing thats before I had internet.)

10. Bliksem

Bliksem The Quirky Quilava

11. Walking Contradiction

Walking Contradiction Feed Us a Fetus

I met Chimecho as the first pokemon at mt. pyre slope and Absol as the first pokemon next to fortree.

12. SneazzL.com

SneazzL.com Ezra.

While Ev training Slakoth
    Ran into an Shiny Wurmple Caught it....
    *Still Ev training*
    Ran into an Shiny Poochyena OMG
    Wurmple looks kinda sick...
    Poochyeena is gold so i sell him to my cousins

13. *Murkrow

*Murkrow Bird trainer

Found a female Relicanth with Rock Head as the first Pokémon I ran into when diving to get into Sootopolis. Absolute bugger to catch, but I got her in the end.

14. Dragon trainer

Dragon trainer Arise from the Ashes

*Murkrow - same here, first dive i ever did on ermerald, i come across a non shiny female relicanth! i have never found anothe rone again, and i thought i wasn't going to catch it in the end, I'm trying to find some more but no luck suprisingly, i'm trying to bree for a flawless stats one soon. (attack and defense)

second time round on mt pyre i found a female chimecho i keep lookin and i now have 2 females and one male. i also found seveal vulpix but i fainted one accidently but i caught plenty though

15. Feebas: Third Try
    Skitty: First Try
    Shiny Sableye: Second Sableye encounter (Now gone forever)

16. Sir Marly

Sir Marly Mega Sceptile Fanboy

My shiny metapod was the first pokemon in viridian forest

17. game_mayhem

game_mayhem I'm too coo', foo'

Found a shiny wingull on my fifth try.

18. feebas on 2nd try,chimeco in 3 min,Absol on first encounter and surskit on 1st encounter

19. Bonsly is pimp

Bonsly is pimp I AM SO PARALYZED

i ran into three Ralts out of 6 pokemon

20. Rayquaza with 1 ultra ball: 5minutes

Feebas after 5 pokemon:16 minutes 0_o