• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rarely touched-on lore of the anime you want to see expanded into a full-fledge episode.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Despite the massive amount of filler unimportant to the main plot of the Pokemon anime, the anime has exclusively established a massive ton of important lore central to the world of Pokemon. Much of this lore is also barely touched upon, sparsely detailed or mentioned only once. In this thread, what kind of rarely touched-on lore of the anime do you want to see expanded into a full-fledge episode.

Keep in mind, I said canon lore not hinted fan theories. For example, Jessie and James being together, it's a popular fan theory but it's never confirmed to be canon. What I am talking about is seeing potential episodes that explore the lore of the animeverse that is rarely explored up to now. For example Jessie's mother is canonically confirmed to be a Top Class Rocket Grunt who worked for Giovanni's mother. Another is who is Ash's father or better yet how did Delilah meet Ash's father. What about Lance and the G-Men? How important are the G-Men are to the World of Pokemon of the animeverse. Or what about Hunter J? Who is she and where is her established base of operations that she mentioned, is it even in Sinnoh? It's confirmed that Hunter J's ship isn't her actual headquarters but it's somewhere else established by what some fans assume is in Sinnoh.

These are the kind of potential lore that is rarely explored but has the potential to be expanded into a full-fledge episode!

Last edited:

shoz999

You know. It just occured to me. Everyone's always saying how they want to see who Ash's father is and what's he like? You know what would be an equally awesome story? Delilah in her days as a Pokemon trainer. Isn't anyone a little curious how she got her battling skills and knowledge of Pokemon?

buskalilly

I'd love to see more of Professor Oak's time travelling as a young man. Particularly, when we saw Sammy in the 4th movie, I loved the old-fashioned balls and hearing him call Pokemon "magical creatures" as, presumably, keeping them in the pocket wasn't normalised yet.

shoz999

I'd love to see more of Professor Oak's time travelling as a young man. Particularly, when we saw Sammy in the 4th movie, I loved the old-fashioned balls and hearing him call Pokemon "magical creatures" as, presumably, keeping them in the pocket wasn't normalised yet.
Do I have a story for you! I want to see Prof. Oak in his childhood days on his own Pokemon journey. I'm quite curious what route the Pokemon anime take as the Pokemon Adventures take on young Prof. Oak is quite interesting. Now some of you may remember that I say Kusaka has done a lot of his research into the games right well a lot his take on Young Prof. Oak is based on partially what GameFreak originally planned to do with Prof. Oak and that's have him as the Pokemon Champion, not Green his grandson. Oak has quite an interesting past as a young man in Adventures. He's the previous Pokemon Champion meaning he's quite the battler and one of his friends is also his oldest rival who belittles him, similar to Ash and Gary, who is none other than Agatha of the Elite Four. I thought it was interesting that Pokemon Adventures was one of the earliest, perhaps the only, adaptation back than that really explores Oak's and Agatha's strained relationship hinted at in the games. However Pokemon Adventures goes deeper than that as Prof. Oak's past comes to haunt the current heroes. Oak and his friends had no clue what was in store for them in the future. Oak was a muscle-headed kid who had no idea he would become the famous Pokemon researcher. Agatha who aimed to be the strongest had no idea she would be at 2nd place at the Indigo League, being a member of the Elite Four. Pryce had a happy childhood until something tragic happens which would lead to his path as a Gym Leader. Kurt, I don't think he was expecting to be a Pokeball maker and have a grandkid. Then there's the last pair, the guy in the overalls and the girl raising her hand. They would get married and become the DayCare couple in Johto. Unfortunately as I said before, his friends would grow distant over the years and Prof. Oak's past with his friends would literally come back to haunt the current heroes of Pokemon Adventures, literally serving as the background of Pokemon medium's biggest story arcs.

OQwtLoU.jpg

So what does this has to do with the anime? Quite a lot actually! As I said the manga is an in-depth look on how Prof. Oak progressed as a kid based on GameFreak's design. Since the anime is also based on the games, it could possibly go that route as well and there are some hints here and there of it. For example, we see Prof. Oak using a high-level high-trained Dragonite! Where did he get that, is it someone else's or is it his? Could the anime crew be hinting something about his battling skills being amazing, maybe like he's the previous Pokemon Champion in the animeverse? I suppose that's quite a jump but a possibility that's not far off. Such as how did he obtained a lot of experience of handling far more dangerous Pokemon like Tyranitar? Or he seems to know a lot about battling through his Charmeleon in the 4th movie. Also how's his relationship with Agatha. Agatha is one of the few important characters fans know of that Oak knows personally for a very long time in the games. Agatha got the "Character-of-the-week" treatment but it would still be an interesting plot-point to explore. Then what about Prof. Oak's past, his Pokemon journey with friends on the road? Were they happy and just wanted to have fun like the Adventures take, unsure of where their goal would lead them? Or did they plan things out much more closer to that of the anime take? Would his friend's decisions impact not only Prof. Oak's life but perhaps others too? Would it lead up to episodes or movies that would comes to haunt Ash & Co, like the third Pokemon movie which features one of Prof. Oak's oldest friends, Molly's father, who disappears in the ruins of the Unown. What's the Pokemon world like in their time since Pokeballs are still in a sort of prototype state or how Pokemon are referred to as "magical creatures"? SO MANY QUESTIONS but we are sure of one thing. Prof. Oak is undoubtedly an expert in Pokemon battles, both in knowledge and experience. Lots of questions, little answers. Prof. Oak's past would be great to be explored in an episode or two, or maybe even entire story arc dedicated to him!

ciZjIUJ.png

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...When was the term "magical creature" ever used in the fourth movie?

That was from the twelfth movie, which primarily takes place in a time long before Oak was born.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The magical force of nature that prevents aging

More on the MCs' goals. What makes a Type Master? A Breeder? A Connoisseur?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Magic. It certainly exists, but no one ever brings it up except that one OS episode.

shoz999

This may sound weird but I kind of want to see Ash challenge Santa Claus to a Pokemon Battle lol with XYZ's fluid fighting animations. I mean Santa Claus does own Pokemon so he is technically a Pokemon trainer lol.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
champion's league and ash's backstory

As much as I like Ash, what's more to learn about him? The recent "mastered Ash-Greninja" episode kind of give an insight as for the reasons he loves Pokémon so much.

I think most of we have is enough to understand his character. Would I like to see more? Yes, sure I would. But still...

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
As much as I like Ash, what's more to learn about him? The recent "mastered Ash-Greninja" episode kind of give an insight as for the reasons he loves Pokémon so much.

I think most of we have is enough to understand his character. Would I like to see more? Yes, sure I would. But still...

Well if the writers go little bit in the direction of shudo's novels then there is a lot of potential left there in ash's backstory especially if his father is involved, otherwise yeah you are right there is no way ash's backstory is complete. A champions league arc is always fresh to give him some boost.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
I've always wondered how to become a Pokemon Master or a Regional Champion, since they never state outright how it's done. I've always thought becoming a Regional Champion consisted of beating the Elite 4 and Champion, which can be formally challenged if you won a Pokemon League or if the Pokemon League board recognised your skills and deemed you worthy. I also think that you had to challenge the a Pokemon Master after catching every singe Pokemon and showing your battling skills (E.G: Becoming a Champion or Elite 4 member) in order to become a Pokemon Master.

I've also always wanted to see a more realistic side of the Pokemon World, such as how the School System in the Pokemon World works or how Pokemon help out in the Workplace (like how you see some Vigoroth or Machoke carry your stuff into your new house at the startb of the Hoenn Games) and seeing people work normal jobs that aren't related to Pokemon.

I've thought about Poaching in the Pokemon world after watching Pokemon the Movie 2000 (since the main villain's goal is to round up Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Lugia). Rare Pokemon or Pokemon with Unique traits must be Hunted and sold on some sort of Black-Market, with areas where targeted Pokemon live being put under heavy protection. When I was younger, I imagined my OC main character grew up in Sinnoh, then became champion, then went to Johto and Unova to conquer their Leagues. After becoming a Pokemon Master, he would dedicate his life to catching Shiny Pokemon and building a Conservation Zoo for them to live since I figured that Shiny Pokemon are targeted by Poachers to sell on the Black-Market and my the main character was saving them from being sold on the Black-Market. This idea came around since I used to be really into Shiny-Hunting during Gen 4 and 5 (in my Pokemon Platinum, Heart Gold and White games between 2010-2013) and I always wanted more realism in my Pokemon Games.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The champion league is the only correct answer here.
Throughout the years it has remained the one consistent thing I want to see, apart from Ash winning a League of course.

It is a very interesting concept and it'd allow for past Elite Four members, champions, and even Frontier Brains to show up. I think everyone has at least one Elite Four member they want to see animated that got passed up. Poor Grimsley

buskalilly

...When was the term "magical creature" ever used in the fourth movie?

That was from the twelfth movie, which primarily takes place in a time long before Oak was born.

Oh, I thought Sammy called them that but I must be conflating them. Its been a while since I watched the movies in English and my Japanese is poor . . .

shoz999

I've always wondered how to become a Pokemon Master or a Regional Champion, since they never state outright how it's done. I've always thought becoming a Regional Champion consisted of beating the Elite 4 and Champion, which can be formally challenged if you won a Pokemon League or if the Pokemon League board recognised your skills and deemed you worthy. I also think that you had to challenge the a Pokemon Master after catching every singe Pokemon and showing your battling skills (E.G: Becoming a Champion or Elite 4 member) in order to become a Pokemon Master.

I've also always wanted to see a more realistic side of the Pokemon World, such as how the School System in the Pokemon World works or how Pokemon help out in the Workplace and seeing people work normal jobs that aren't related to Pokemon.

I've thought about Poaching in the Pokemon world after watching Pokemon the Movie 2000 (since the main villain's goal is to round up Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Lugia). Rare Pokemon or Pokemon with Unique traits must be Hunted and sold on some sort of Black-Market, with areas where targeted Pokemon live being put under heavy protection. When I was younger, I imagined my OC main character grew up in Sinnoh, then became champion, then went to Johto and Unova to conquer their Leagues. After becoming a Pokemon Master, he would dedicate his life to catching Shiny Pokemon and building a Conservation Zoo for them to live since I figured that Shiny Pokemon are targeted by Poachers to sell on the Black-Market and my the main character was saving them from being sold on the Black-Market. This idea came around since I used to be really into Shiny-Hunting during Gen 4 and 5 (in my Pokemon Platinum, Heart Gold and White games) and I always wanted more realism in my Pokemon Games.
The champion league is the only correct answer here.
Throughout the years it has remained the one consistent thing I want to see, apart from Ash winning a League of course.

It is a very interesting concept and it'd allow for past Elite Four members, champions, and even Frontier Brains to show up. I think everyone has at least one Elite Four member they want to see animated that got passed up. Poor Grimsley

Do I have an interesting story for you! The Pokemon Adventures manga gives an interesting explanation of how the process of becoming Champion is done and the huge influence it has on the general population of a Pokemon region. The one who organizes the Pokemon League, including who becomes the Pokemon Champion, who becomes Elite Four Members, who become Gym Leaders, is an organization simply called the Pokemon Association, think of it as the canon version of Smogon at least in Adventures lol. The Pokemon Association organizes two ways that trainers can enter the Pokemon League. The deceptively "easy" way, often a last minute decision, is for trainers who aren't able to acquire 8 badges. It is organized through a massive tournament called the "Preliminary Rounds" and it's through here that many trainers who aren't able to acquire 8 badges find themselves in a long grueling tournament against trainers who are possibly stronger or weaker then them but have also failed to acquire the 8 badges. The second and most famous way is to acquire 8 badges. What's interesting is that Adventures explains that many people give up on trying to acquire 8 badges as the Pokemon journey or beating all eight Gym Leaders is that difficult. The people who've given up on the journey tend to start other kinds of Pokemon-related goals from here on out, wanting to be Pokemon nurses, doctors, breeders, researchers, marketers you name it. This is the explanation of why so many people who have different jobs, like Engineer, Businessmen or just human doctors, have experienced Pokemon because at one point they had the dream of becoming Pokemon Champion only to give up on their Pokemon journey because it was that difficult which is actually similar to Delilah's background of why she stopped her Pokemon journey, she was becoming a mother.

Now finally what happens when you manage to enter the Pokemon League? You are entered through a big tournament splitted into four groups, Group A, B, C, D. Eventually as trainers fall to their victors, we reach the finals where the last two remaining trainers challenge each other to a battle. So what happens next for the victor? The victor gets a chance to challenge the Elite Four and the current Pokemon Champion himself. If he beats all five of them, he then gets to become the next Pokemon Champion and the previous Pokemon Champion steps down to become a member of the Elite Four, a Gym Leader or retires which is what happened to Wallace and Steven Stone in both the games and manga. From there on out, the Pokemon Champion has to face other challengers. Surprisingly the life of a Pokemon Champion can sometimes become somewhat boring as most of the challengers he or she faces are usually weaker in comparison, key-word comparison. This is because the Pokemon Champion may have grown too OP that at some point they slowly start to get bored of Pokemon battling. Other duties the Pokemon Champion has is to participate in missions and meetings appointed by the Pokemon Association, usually disaster-level stuff such as Groudon and Kyogre fighting each other.

So your probably thinking what does this have to do with the anime? Not only does this give you a basic idea of how the Pokemon League would work in the anime behind-the-scenes, did you know that Pokemon Adventures take on the Pokemon League is actually an updated more detailed version of the anime's take? Even Kusaka thinks the anime's take on the Pokemon League, an actual league with a tournament behind it, is far more interesting that the Pokemon League from the games where you just straight-up challenge the Elite Four. I can see the Pokemon anime, like Adventures, combining it's own process and the game's process in a two-step process of being Pokemon Champion. In fact I believe it states somewhere in the Diamond and Pearl seasons that if you win the tournament you have the chance of challenging the Elite Four themselves. But yeah, it would be very interesting to see the anime's version of the Pokemon Association and how they organize the League, the Elite Four and it's Gym Leaders.

Last edited:

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
Do I have an interesting story for you! The Pokemon Adventures manga gives an interesting explanation of how the process of becoming Champion is done and the huge influence it has on the general population of a Pokemon region. The one who organizes the Pokemon League, including who becomes the Pokemon Champion, who becomes Elite Four Members, who become Gym Leaders, is an organization simply called the Pokemon Association, think of it as the canon version of Smogon at least in Adventures lol. The Pokemon Association organizes two ways that trainers can enter the Pokemon League. The deceptively "easy" way, often a last minute decision, is for trainers who aren't able to acquire 8 badges. It is organized through a massive tournament called the "Preliminary Rounds" and it's through here that many trainers who aren't able to acquire 8 badges find themselves in a long grueling tournament against trainers who are possibly stronger or weaker then them but have also failed to acquire the 8 badges. The second and most famous way is to acquire 8 badges. What's interesting is that Adventures explains that many people give up on trying to acquire 8 badges as the Pokemon journey or beating all eight Gym Leaders is that difficult. The people who've given up on the journey tend to start other kinds of Pokemon-related goals from here on out, wanting to be Pokemon nurses, doctors, breeders, researchers, marketers you name it. This is the explanation of why so many people who have different jobs, like Engineer, Businessmen or just human doctors, have experienced Pokemon because at one point they had the dream of becoming Pokemon Champion only to give up on their Pokemon journey because it was that difficult which is actually similar to Delilah's background of why she stopped her Pokemon journey, she was becoming a mother.

Now finally what happens when you manage to enter the Pokemon League? You are entered through a big tournament splitted into four groups, Group A, B, C, D. Eventually as trainers fall to their victors, we reach the finals where the last two remaining trainers challenge each other to a battle. So what happens next for the victor? The victor gets a chance to challenge the Elite Four and the current Pokemon Champion himself. If he beats all five of them, he then gets to become the next Pokemon Champion and the previous Pokemon Champion steps down to become a member of the Elite Four, a Gym Leader or retires which is what happened to Wallace and Steven Stone in both the games and manga. From there on out, the Pokemon Champion has to face other challengers. Surprisingly the life of a Pokemon Champion can sometimes become somewhat boring as most of the challengers he or she faces are usually weaker in comparison, key-word comparison. This is because the Pokemon Champion may have grown too OP that at some point they slowly start to get bored of Pokemon battling. Other duties the Pokemon Champion has is to participate in missions and meetings appointed by the Pokemon Association, usually disaster-level stuff such as Groudon and Kyogre fighting each other.

So your probably thinking what does this have to do with the anime? Not only does this give you a basic idea of how the Pokemon League would work in the anime behind-the-scenes, did you know that Pokemon Adventures take on the Pokemon League is actually an updated more detailed version of the anime's take? Even Kusaka thinks the anime's take on the Pokemon League, an actual league with a tournament behind it, is far more interesting that the Pokemon League from the games where you just straight-up challenge the Elite Four. I can see the Pokemon anime, like Adventures, combining it's own process and the game's process in a two-step process of being Pokemon Champion. In fact I believe it states somewhere in the Diamond and Pearl seasons that if you win the tournament you have the chance of challenging the Elite Four themselves. But yeah, it would be very interesting to see the anime's version of the Pokemon Association and how they organize the League, the Elite Four and it's Gym Leaders.

Oh right, thanks for that! I've only read up to the end of the Red and Blue part of Pokemon Adventures so this was very insightful. I do intend on reading more when I get more free time.