• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rarely touched-on lore of the anime you want to see expanded into a full-fledge episode.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
It was released as a TV special in Japan wasn't it...?
It was released as a TV movie and Serebii.net even listed it as a movie in the movie section at one time.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just remembered one thing....

Ash's Pikachu time as a Pichu. After Johto stabilished that Pikachus are evolved pokémon, it does make one wonder how Ash's evolve before the events of the first episode.

Darn, considering the method to evolve Pichus, I wonder how Ash's evolved without a trainer.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Maybe Pichu is force to be evolved into a Pikachu by the Team Rockets or something like that ?

Last edited:

shoz999

I just remembered one thing....

Ash's Pikachu time as a Pichu. After Johto stabilished that Pikachus are evolved pokémon, it does make one wonder how Ash's evolve before the events of the first episode.

Darn, considering the method to evolve Pichus, I wonder how Ash's evolved without a trainer.
That's kind of... complicated. You see baby Pichu is sort of seen as an entirely new species of the Pikachu line and is not really where the Pikachu line always starts. In Pokemon Adventures, they started this idea that Pichu is more like an discovered new species of the Pikachu line that can evolve into Pikachu. The thing is, this is kind of right if you take into the fact how other continuities handled Pichu. The TCG basically treats baby Pokemon like this, as a new discovered species. Then there's also the anime that shows an actual baby Pikachu, not a Pichu, during the anime's very first Pikachu-themed episode. Baby Pokemon are kind of like Phione's situation only they can evolve.

However, GameFreak can easily ditch such hinted theories by making it clear that Pichu is less of an extension and more of the base of where the Pikachu evolution line always starts one day. None of this really concrete but are loose connections in very old, somewhat outdated, continuities.

Redstar45

Umm that easy to fix that problem as that baby pikachu is just pre-mature evolved pikachu that evolved too early and easy to say that Ash's pikachu used to own by another bad trainers that used to nice to him and some happened to him and he became a jerk @shoz999

Last edited:

Redstar45

shoz999

I don't think some people realize this but in Pokemon Adventures, it's explained that there is actually some background lore behind many of Team Rocket's goofy machinery and that one of their creators behind many of Team Rocket's goofy machinery and strong security systems is a Rocket Lieutenant named Carr, a short but smart guy who is in charge of Team Rocket security and uses powerful steel-types.

What I'm curious, even though it is a cartoon marketed to children, is where does the Team Rocket trio of the anime get their goofy machinery? I don't just mean the money supplied by Giovanni but where do they get the blueprints? It's obvious somewhere from Team Rocket is testing out prototypes but where? I'd really like an episode to explore who creates all this goofy stuff. In Pokemon Adventures, it's so far just AI, mechanical hands and vehicles. In the anime, it's giant freaking robots. Who comes up with that stuff? I feel like that would be a very fun episode to see the behind-the-scenes of who makes these over-the-top gadgets and robots.

I've always imagined that if Ash & Co. explored the testing facilities for these gadgets, it'd be like the XY episode, "A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness" but Team Rocket themed.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I don't think some people realize this but in Pokemon Adventures, it's explained that there is actually some background lore behind many of Team Rocket's goofy machinery and that one of their creators behind many of Team Rocket's goofy machinery and strong security systems is a Rocket Lieutenant named Carr, a short but smart guy who is in charge of Team Rocket security and uses powerful steel-types.

What I'm curious, even though it is a cartoon marketed to children, is where does the Team Rocket trio of the anime get their goofy machinery? I don't just mean the money supplied by Giovanni but where do they get the blueprints? It's obvious somewhere from Team Rocket is testing out prototypes but where? I'd really like an episode to explore who creates all this goofy stuff. In Pokemon Adventures, it's so far just AI, mechanical hands and vehicles. In the anime, it's giant freaking robots. Who comes up with that stuff? I feel like that would be a very fun episode to see the behind-the-scenes of who makes these over-the-top gadgets and robots.

I've always imagined that if Ash & Co. explored the testing facilities for these gadgets, it'd be like the XY episode, "A Gaggle of Gadget Greatness" but Team Rocket themed.

The running joke about the Team Rocket trio is that they virtually good at everything EXCEPT stealing Pokémon. Almost as if they had given up on Pikachu and just quit Team Rocket, their lives would have become significantly better and more successful. They once repaired a broken-down, ready to be sent to the scrapyard zeppelin with a fully functional, sleek modern revamp in one day. Considering that between the Orange Islands to Sinnoh, they were financially cut off from the main Team Rocket organization, I say they either crafted everything from a box of scrap or there were commercially available robot parts at every Poké Mart.

There was that one time where the Magikarp Salesman sold them an alleged Evolution machine kit. Though it's clear that it's bogus machine that doesn't work, it does make you wonder if the blueprints are Team Rocket exclusive or that the trio were creative enough to repurpose common machinery into another capturing device.

I think it's the latter. The episode "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City" shows the Team Rocket trio stealing a giant vacuum cleaner from a Cerulean warehouse. They didn't modify it but if such equipment are already on store, they might need to do that much other than slap a big R on the machine.