• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rarest/most likely to flee safari zone pokemon.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
title says all....Ill say scyther is the most likely to flee pokemon..i got one after attempting to catch 13....the rarest is chansey IMO...i saw it only twice but at least it stood around for a while...

Villi

Shimama!
In D/P catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone can be annoying. The binoculars never work. I used them 4 times, the 4th saying there were Swalots in an area. I went to that area and instead found Croagunks, which weren't supposed to be there.

Arbok

aka Arbok
In D/P catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone can be annoying. The binoculars never work. I used them 4 times, the 4th saying there were Swalots in an area. I went to that area and instead found Croagunks, which weren't supposed to be there.

They work. Maybe there were both Croagunk and Swalot in that area.

joesfriedchicken

Military Trainer
I think the rarest is tauros in FR/LG because it's so hard to find and it always flees if you don't catch it. I have only seen about 4 tauros in my FR after 2 years of playing it and I only caught one.

Mewalga_702

imTBCL_Luis on chat!
id say chancey, i never had the chance to catch one until pokemon XD gale of darkness, and ive played every version >_>

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
The rarest is definetly chansey, and the most likely to flee is tauros. I caught 2 pinsirs on my fr easily.

Villi

Shimama!
I caught Tauros with my first Safariball.

And, the Swalots never appeared. I was there for at least an hour.

Black_Winged_Angel

Poringloater
Yeah, I caught a Tauros too. Kinda disappointed me that they were more common in D/P. I caught a Gulpin, so I could evolve it into Swalot if I wanted to. Evolves at Lv. 26, right?

ahmad_bulba

i caught tauros pretty easily too..second try...

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
chansey was always the hardest to catch in the 3rd gen games imo- it always ran away after 1 ball with me, so it was very frustrating. and croagunk seems to do exactly the same in pearl as the chansey in FR did as it never stays there long enough to catch either- so annoying! i also caught a tauros really easily though in FR...

and to Black Winged Angel: yes, it does evolve at 26.

ahmad_bulba

^chansey stays for a minumum of 2 turns whenever i encounter it..

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
Tauros IMO.........

intrnd

Placeholder
The rarest is definetly chansey, and the most likely to flee is tauros. I caught 2 pinsirs on my fr easily.

I'd switch them. I've definitely seen fewer tauros than chansey in my LG game, but then again, that was probably because I didn't have them flee as often...

Dagzar

The Dreamer
It's odd... Every Tauros I find, I can catch easily. It's Chansey that won't stay inside of the stupid Safari Ball.... And no Supercowmn, I also had a lot of trouble finding Kangaskhan, even more trouble catching it.

Has anyone else had trouble catching Yanma in D/P?