• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rarest Pokemon?

Mays

In game and anime. Legendary and non legendary.

Anime: Legendary for me is Mew, and regular is one of the fossil pokemon.

Games: Legendary for me is Mew and Celebi, and regular is Sableye. (I have no idea for that)

You?

Hilda

Anything that has 1 of it. But since Mewtwo was created by humans as one, I feel the need to say Mewtwo simce Arceus can get bored and create another set of dialga, palkia..

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Arceus for me would have to the rarest legendary Pokemon I mean its pretty much the God of all Pokemon and I would have no doubt create more of the same Pokemon even if it was a human made Pokemon like mewtwo.

Ah-ah-ah. Read my signature.

There is nothing at all to suggest that Arceus can create any species of Pokémon other than the members of the Spacetime and Lake Trios. Not once, in any form of canon, was Arceus ever stated to be the "God of all Pokémon" or the creator of each individual species of Pokémon. That is an enormous misconception born from the presumptuous conflation of Arceus with the Abrahamic God; Arceus has only ever been identified as A) an extremely rare and powerful Pokémon that appears in mythology and B) the creator of the universe; possessing one or both of those traits does not make one God.

Regardless, as far as Legendaries go, Arceus is still an exceedingly rare Pokémon. Since there is probably only one in existence, that ties it with Mewtwo, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem as the rarest Legendary. As for regular Pokémon, that title would belong to, obviously, any fossil Pokémon, Lapras, the Dratini line (if their Pokédex entries are to be believed), Farfetch'd (again, according to the Pokédex), and Relicanth.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Right now the rarest pokemon is probably Meloetta as it has only been distributed in Japan so far.

Rarest non legendary pokemon could be Sableye, Ekans/Arbok, and version exclusives like that.

Feebas/Milotic gets a mention from me because in Ruby/Sapphire it was only possible to encounter Feebas on a certain 6 tiles in the entire region which I always thought was very cool!

Nightmareisalive

There is nothing at all to suggest that Arceus can create any species of Pokémon other than the members of the Spacetime and Lake Trios. Not once, in any form of canon, was Arceus ever stated to be the "God of all Pokémon" or the creator of each individual species of Pokémon. That is an enormous misconception born from the presumptuous conflation of Arceus with the Abrahamic God; Arceus has only ever been identified as A) an extremely rare and powerful Pokémon that appears in mythology and B) the creator of the universe; possessing one or both of those traits does not make one God.
Ah yes your signature while stated that they are not gods they still have God like powers. The ability to create and control such as the universe, time, space, water and ground is considered God like to many. Remember old religions like celts believed in many Gods such as those who inhabited tress, stones and the water.

True they may not be Gods but their power is God like and to many people they are the closest people have to Gods in the Pokemon universe that is until a new Pokemon comes along that states otherwise.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Ah yes your signature while stated that they are not gods they still have God like powers. The ability to create and control such as the universe, time, space, water and ground is considered God like to many. Remember old religions like celts believed in many Gods such as those who inhabited tress, stones and the water.

True they may not be Gods but their power is God like and to many people they are the closest people have to Gods in the Pokemon universe that is until a new Pokemon comes along that states otherwise.

Palkia is a Pokémon. Pikachu is a Pokémon. One has the ability to manipulate space; the other, electricity. Both of those abilities are impressive feats, but without true divinity to back them up, they are not qualifications for godhood. At their core, they are simply manipulating spacial dimensions and electrons, respectively. Simply having power does not make something a divine entity, regardless of whether or not we powerless humans perceive it as "god-like." In the Pokémon world, there are no religions devoted to any specific Legendary Pokémon; everything purported about Pokémon like Arceus and Groudon comes from ancient myths formed by civilizations that ascribed divine significance to things that they could not explain otherwise. As Cynthia says in Platinum,

"A long time ago, I wonder what sort of person painted this? Dialga's Roar of Time...Palkia's Spacial Rend...To the people back then, those Pokémon really must have appeared to rule over time and space. Seeing them must have shaken the people to their very core. This painting represents those feelings of awe, wonder, and everything else. It passed that memory to countless people, eventually becoming a myth..."
...because that's all they are. Powerful Pokémon that impressed some ancient cultures with their abilities and inspired those people to tell stories about those abilities; stories that faded over time and became mythology. Doing so did not make Arceus the "God of all Pokémon" that many fans mistake him for.

As I said, however, just because Arceus isn't God doesn't mean that he didn't create the universe (in fact, in HGSS, Cynthia herself seems to support the notion that he did). All I'm saying is that the "God of all Pokémon" title is a misnomer that makes Arceus out to be something a lot more powerful and significant than he actually is. He does not actively rule over the universe, nor did he create each individual species of Pokémon and see that it was good. He probably just used the Unown to reality-warp a universe into existence; that doesn't mean that he hand-crafted everything in it.

*IZ*

I'm going to go with the 6th gen pokemon since no one in the world has one, except for a couple people.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
Anime: I haven't watched the anime in forever so I'm not sure (Well, I'm watching it now, but I'm not up to date at all).
Gamewise: Mew. Definetely Mew. Everyone else go home.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Rare has no meaning in game anymore, due to RNG and other alternate ways of gaining pokemon. Many of the pokemon that would and could be considered rare are not because of the way people can now gain pokemon, such as RNG. The word rare in pokmeon now, has absolutely no meaning or value...

Mays

Rare has no meaning in game anymore, due to RNG and other alternate ways of gaining pokemon. Many of the pokemon that would and could be considered rare are not because of the way people can now gain pokemon, such as RNG. The word rare in pokmeon now, has absolutely no meaning or value...
In game and events I mean.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer

While I agree for the most part, I do think Arceus is the "God" of pokemon. It is referred to as the Alpha pokemon, was born from chaos, it created the universe, created wisdom, willpower and emotions, creates beings of time, space and antimatter and has a signature moved called Judgement. True, it doesn't mean it is "God" in the biblical sense of the word, but the evidence and call-outs for the concepts of god are there.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
While I agree for the most part, I do think Arceus is the "God" of pokemon. It is referred to as the Alpha pokemon, was born from chaos, it created the universe, created wisdom, willpower and emotions, creates beings of time, space and antimatter and has a signature moved called Judgement. True, it doesn't mean it is "God" in the biblical sense of the word, but the evidence and call-outs for the concepts of god are there.

i can only hope that we get omega eventually.

anyhoo, my rarest are:
legendary: jirachi
non legendary: febas (i never cought one, i traded for mine.)

Ditto B1tch

In game:

Rarest legendary: Arceus

Rarest non-legendary: Feebas, Spiritomb

In anime:

Rarest non-legendary: Porygon's family

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Alpha can also mean "first," as in, it was the first to come into existence. And we've seen how it creates things; it just reality-warps them into existence using the Unown. We've never seen it do anything without them, and so, without them around, Arceus is presumably just a bundle of potential energy. And no, it created beings that can manipulate time, space, antimatter, wisdom, willpower, and emotions, which aren't metaphysical concepts that exist in the ether; they're just physical dimensions, particles, and subjective neural responses. Palkia manipulating space is no different from Growlithe manipulating fire. Mesprit is a telepath; so are plenty of other non-Legendary Pokémon. In-story, the name for Judgment was likely coined by the same people who formed the myths around it and believed it to be an all-powerful god. Beyond that, even out-of-story, Arceus isn't supposed to resemble the monotheistic God-with-a-Capital-G; Arceus is based off of Pangu, a Chinese creator deity who also does not actively rule over the universe nor is the most supreme force in existence. Pangu hatched from a cosmic egg, spend a very long time shaping the world, and then died. Regardless, Arceus is, once again, not the supreme ruler of the universe, and he only created a mere 6 breeds of Pokémon. Nothing in canon ever indicates otherwise.

Aegon

Abusing the RNG doesn't create any Pokémon you desire, you know. You must be able to breed the Pokémon, encounter it as a wild or gift Pokémon or receive it from a delivery man in the case of an event. This doesn't effect the rarity of the Pokémon's species.

Nightmareisalive

In game:

Rarest non-legendary: Feebas, Spiritomb

In anime:

Rarest non-legendary: Porygon's family

And the Porygon family will remain like that honestly it will be something if it actually does appear, sadly though it will remain forever the pokemon family that never appeared in the anime (would be glad to be proven wrong)