• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rarity's Heartgold Team

uberHexagon

Oshawatching you...
Hello there! Recently I made a new file on my Heartgold and this time I will finally finish it. I have a habit of starting a new game half way through but this time I will finish it. So I made a new character and named her Rarity as I was originally planning to SR for a shiny Chikorita. Anyways this is my team. I got lazy and just put together a bunch of pokemon that I liked, got movesets off of smogon and here it is:

;154;Meganium/Kaede
Adamant Nature
Female

Swords Dance
Leech Seed
Seed Bomb
Earthquake

;468;Togekiss/Spectrum
Modest Nature
Male

Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Shadow Ball
Roost

;162;Furret/Roxi
Adamant Nature
Female

Brick Break
Shadow Claw
Return
Ice Punch

:surfpika:pikachu/ChuChu
Timid Nature
Female

Nasty Plot
Substitute
Thunder
Surf

;149;Dragonite/Ryuu
Adamant Nature
Male

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Extremespeed

;012;Butterfree/Lunesta
Modest Nature
Female

Sleep Powder
Bug Buzz
Giga Drain
Air Cutter

This is my team. I'm gonna use my pokewalker to get ChuChu since her moveset is impossible without it. And Lunesta's Hyper Beam might be overkill. So yeah this is my team.

EDIT: Ok, so I changed some of the movesets. Pikachu was the only one not to have her moveset changed so I'm guessing I did good with that one.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Dragon Claw over Draco Meteor on Dragonite, might as well go fully physical if you're using an Adamant DDnite.

Furret
Adamant Nature
~Return
~Brick Break
~Shadow Claw
~U-Turn/Toxic/one of the elemental punches/Aqua Tail

Return deals much more damage than Giga Impact over 2 turns, not to mention the higher PP & accuracy. Fight + Ghost has great coverage.

Butterfree
Modest Nature
~Bug Buzz
~Air Cutter
~Giga Drain
~Sleep Powder/Stun Spore/Poisonpowder

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Meganium
-Leech Seed
-Aromatherapy
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ Nice Rate, now go lurk moar.

Meganium wants Swords Dance / Body Slam / Seed Bomb / Leech Seed.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Why would you put that on a meganium when it has average attack but amazing sp defense??? Set up a wall.. Would be much more efficient than using swords dance to support bad base stats.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
/\
Perhaps, it's just an option? Meganium is an All-around poké. She can (and should, at least In-Game) run both Physical and Special Sets, not to mention she can Wall any (except Fire/Ice Types) Poké with her Defenses.
The main question is; would YOUR moveset suits her? Can YOUR moveset suits the TC's Meganium? Which is an Adamant Nature? No. The TC doesn't want to breed (i suppose) just because a moveset is better for her. You should work with what the TC have, sometimes, and right now he have an Adamant Meganium and that's how its gonna stay; it's very simple.

I'm not saying your moveset is bad (in fact, it's not) but Logan's set suits better the TC Meganium.
---------------------------------
Now, on the rates...
There's not left for me, to rate.
Just an Insight; why Flamethower on Togekiss? It's supposed to hit an Ice (which she fears) type? Because i wouldn't put this move on him. Shadow Ball+Air Cutter is way superior than Air Cutter+Flamethower. Why? The latter one get's walled with some easy (it's not common, though) while the other, does not, it's pretty hard to find a Poké that will wall Air Cutter+Shadow Ball. Mostly because Ghost moves is just resisted by Dark Types. So, if a Poké resists your STAB (Air Cutter), simply use Shadow Ball, instead. Specially at this game, where Krokodiles does not exist.

uberHexagon

Oshawatching you...
Actually I haven't gotten my Chikorita yet. Adamant was just what I was aiming to get. You guys can change any of the natures if you'd like.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Well if your still having second thoughts on your starter choice here are some good sets

Feraligator
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Typhlosion
-Eruption
-Earthquake
-Focus Blast
-Substitute

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just to add

Feraligator
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

as for Typhlosion and Meganium

Typhlosion
Lonely/Naughty Nature
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Thunderpunch/Return

Ground + Fight shares similar coverage, so you don't need both.

Meganium
Adamant Nature
~Seed Bomb
~Earthquake
~Outrage
~Swords Dance/Return/Body Slam

Meganium
Modest Nature
~Substitute
~Leech Seed
~Giga Drain
~Toxic

.....I honestly think the Adamant set is better, in terms of coverage.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
We can't choose nature though, so do we just put it there for preference to that set? Just curious.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Just curious. I never soft reset I just play the game lol.

uberHexagon

Oshawatching you...
I soft reset for all my starters for good natures.