• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate and help my 5th gen ou team

abrar14

Statter Master
Hello there. As the title suggests, i could use some help with this team I have. I can't say i am good at competitive battling yet, so i am bound to have made a lot of mistakes building this one:

rotom.png

Rotom W @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Levitate
Ev's: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moves:
Volt Switch
Hydro pump

[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important][/COLOR][/COLOR]Trick
Hidden Power (Fire 70)

Due to Volt Switch and Choice Scarf (and the fact that it only has a weakness, i usually lead with this).
212.png

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant | Technician
EV's: 252 HP/ 40 Atk/ 216 SpD
Moves:
Roost
Swords dance

Bullet Punch
Bug Bite

Usually tries to set up and wreck frail threats with Bullet Punch
534.png

Conkeldurr
@ Leftovers
Adamant
| Guts
EV's: 120 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 136 SpD
Moves:
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Payback

Typical Conkeldurr, only change i am wondering is if Muscle band would be better on this guy.
637.png

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Timid | Flame Body
EV's: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Moves:
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Hidden Power (Rock 70)

Again, typical Volcarona. I chose Fiery dance over Fire Blast in this case due to the accuracy. One quiver dance makes Volcarona a very strong sweeper.
145.png

Zapdos Lvl 100 @ Leftovers
Timid | Pressure
EV's: 194 HP/ 64 Def/ 252 Spe
Moves:
Roost
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice 70)

So far, this one has been doing a lot of dirty work. Stalling, scouting, hitting almost anything for super effective.
196.png

Espeon Lvl 100 @ Light Clay
Timid | Magic Bounce
Ev's: 252 HP/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moves:
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Hidden Power (Fighting 70)

This one tries to guard volcarona from stealth rock, sets up appropriate barriers for Volcarona (Reflect), Scizor (depends), Conkeldurr (Light Screen) or Rotom W (depends, and not really needed) and lets them do the rest. HP Fighting hits Dark pokemo and helps with steel coverage too.

So, any suggestion on improving this team? Thanks in advance

M4zz

Banned
This team is destroyed by Choice Scarf Tyranitar. Between Pursuit / Crunch and Stone Edge, two thirds of your team fall face first into the shit it will make of this team. You're going to notice Excadrill runs with Scarftar, and it deals with the other two members of your team quite handily. Opposing Volcarona and Conkeldurr, if setup, rip this team in six. Don't even get me started with Heatran, especially if he's being run with Drought Ninetails. He obliterates this entire team with a set consisting of Stealth Rocks, Fire Blast, HP Grass, and Earth Power. If it's holding a life orb or Leftovers, you're a goner. Your team relies way to much on setting up and stalling, which prankster Thundurus / Tornadus and Whimsicott just love to come across and taunt the hell out of. You have unreliable priority, as the range the two cover isnt all that high, as again, opposing Volcarona and Chandelure laugh at it, and if you're lucky, you might be able to do something with Payback, but odds are, you'll get fried or become setup fodder.

I suggest a Taunter of your own, and something bulky to take a special attack without screens support.

Thundurus@Life Orb / Leftovers
Prankster
Timid Nature
252 Sp.A / 252 Spe / 4 Sp.Def
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch / U Turn
-Hammer Arm / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass / Thunderbolt

This set works well for a lead, as it shuts down hazard leads, other Taunt leads, and can spread Paralysis for miles. His first option in a move is whether you want STAB or an attack guaranteed to affect the enire metagame, and not resisted by ground types. U-turn also does wonders against Tyranitar, one of his biggest checks. The last move is 100% reliant on what you chose above. The first three are if you Chose Volt Switch, and Thunderbolt if you picked U-Turn.

Suicune@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
252 HP / 188 Sp.Def / 68 Def
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

This set is magical. CM once, and you take most Special Attacks like a champ. Basically, max out CM, but if you've taken over 50% damage, rest up and sleep talk for 2 turns, odds being you get bulkier or you attack. This set is walled by other Suicune, so be warned, along with anything that has Water Absorb. Those threats, bar Quagsire, are dealt with Thundurus, and it can deal with Quagsire, but only if it has HP Grass.

That should do it.

manaphy72

ok man there is teency weency problems here.

First is your Items, the rules are no duplicating items like yours are. so switch it up

second

Take hidden Power off of volcarona trust me Hurricane is better. think about it if you have a Mienshao that is EVd in speed its fast and there strong. Flying is super effective against fighting and fighting pokemon can be hard to take down, hurricane is very strong. so thats what i do

ladendar

Little munchkinz
This team looks absolutely fine to me, except for rotom. You alreadt have zapdos, so I'd replace rotom for a water pokemon. Thats about it. Water pokemons take down many!