• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate (and help) My Team please!

bloodnmetal

Greetings to all!

I usually assemble my team using pokes I find to be cool above being Uber or OU. The following Pokes are the one I never (or almost never) change, so please be my guest to talk about it (synergies among them, incompatibilities, possible better choices, redundancy, etc.) and give your opinion.

;248; TYRANITAR @ Leftovers or Lum berry (Sand Stream)
~ Jolly or Impish - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
• Dragon Dance
• Crunch
• Earthquake
• Taunt / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock / Ice Punch

»»» This is my lead, I'm finding some trouble with the last move. I thought about taunt to prevent stat inducing and allow me to buff up, Rock Slide for reliability over Stone edge (both for stab also), Stealth Rock for some Sturdy prevention and crippling and Ice Punch for some coverage.

;472; GLISCOR @ Toxic orb (Poison Heal)
~ Impish - 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
• Substitute
• Protect
• Earthquake
• Toxic / Ice Fang

»»» My main man. I usually use him as a toxic staller, but since i've been going through hell to deal with skarmory, bronzong and gengar, I've been seriously considering exchanging toxic for IF.

;468; TOGEKISS @ Leftovers (serene grace)
~ Calm (252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD)
• Body Slam / Thunder wave
• Air Slash
• Roost
• Aura Sphere

»»» I've learned to love and hate this lil' fella. I often use TW but I tend to favor BS over that thanks to the amount of ground and volt absorbers I've been facing.

;445; GARCHOMP @ Life orb or leftovers* (Sand Veil)
~ Jolly (4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe)
• Outrage / Dragon Claw
• Earthquake
• Swords Dance / Fire Fang / Stone Edge
• Fire Fang / Stone Edge / Substitute*

»»» He's my main killer. Great sinergy with T-tar along with he's own power. I'm currently using Outrage, but I always consider Dragon Claw. The rest of the moves are also a dillema; would subs be a good choice paired with SD and leftovers?

:534: CONKELDURR @ Flame orb (Guts)
~ Adamant (128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD)
• Drain Punch
• Mach Punch
• Facade
• Payback

»»» I find this guy to be a powerhouse by itself, as it is pretty durable and packs quite a punch (no pun intended). I'm aware that the sand storm isn't his friend, but I just like him a lot!

Now I find myself looking for a "permanent" 6th member of my team... I have some pokes that draw my attention (i'll list'em below) but I think I could use a SpA sweeper, Zoroark, Chandelure and Volcarona are the first names that pop into my mind. Apart from Heatran I don't like to use Legendaries or Pseudo-legendaries.

:623::612:;073;;160;;208;:579:;227;;028;;217;:632:;110;;392;
;466;:609::598:;376;:649:;006;;485;:596::534:;442;;260;;452;
;212;;319;:637:;038;;034;:635:;094;;065;;142;;395;:539:

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Greetings to all!

I usually assemble my team using pokes I find to be cool above being Uber or OU. The following Pokes are the one I never (or almost never) change, so please be my guest to talk about it (synergies among them, incompatibilities, possible better choices, redundancy, etc.) and give your opinion.

;248; TYRANITAR @ Leftovers or Lum berry (Sand Stream)
~ Jolly or Impish - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
• Dragon Dance
• Crunch
• Earthquake
Stone Edge

»»» This is my lead, I'm finding some trouble with the last move. I thought about taunt to prevent stat inducing and allow me to buff up, Rock Slide for reliability over Stone edge (both for stab also), Stealth Rock for some Sturdy prevention and crippling and Ice Punch for some coverage.

;472; GLISCOR @ Toxic orb (Poison Heal)
~ Impish - 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
• Substitute
• Protect
• Earthquake
Ice Fang

»»» My main man. I usually use him as a toxic staller, but since i've been going through hell to deal with skarmory, bronzong and gengar, I've been seriously considering exchanging toxic for IF.

;468; TOGEKISS @ Leftovers (serene grace)
~ Calm (252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD)
Thunder wave
• Air Slash
• Roost
• Aura Sphere

»»» I've learned to love and hate this lil' fella. I often use TW but I tend to favor BS over that thanks to the amount of ground and volt absorbers I've been facing.

;445; GARCHOMP @ Life orb or leftovers* (Sand Veil)
~ Jolly (4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe)
Dragon Claw
• Earthquake
Swords Dance
Fire Fang

»»» He's my main killer. Great sinergy with T-tar along with he's own power. I'm currently using Outrage, but I always consider Dragon Claw. The rest of the moves are also a dillema; would subs be a good choice paired with SD and leftovers?

:534: CONKELDURR @ Flame orb (Guts)
~ Adamant (128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD)
• Drain Punch
• Mach Punch
• Facade
• Payback

»»» I find this guy to be a powerhouse by itself, as it is pretty durable and packs quite a punch (no pun intended). I'm aware that the sand storm isn't his friend, but I just like him a lot!

Now I find myself looking for a "permanent" 6th member of my team... I have some pokes that draw my attention (i'll list'em below) but I think I could use a SpA sweeper, Zoroark, Chandelure and Volcarona are the first names that pop into my mind. Apart from Heatran I don't like to use Legendaries or Pseudo-legendaries.

:623::612:;073;;160;;208;:579:;227;;028;;217;:632:;110;;392;;466;:609::598:;376;:649:;006;;485;:596::534:;442;;260;;452;;212;;319;:637:;038;;034;:635:;094;;065;;142;;395;:539:

Changes in bold. Is this in-game or competitive?

bloodnmetal

Competitive battles among friends.

Could you tell me your thoughts about Gliscor and Garchomp please?
I know that the toxic-stall works wonders, but have you tried the ice fang set yourself?
And what are your thoughts about garchomp, for that matter?

Any suggestions for a 6th poke?

thanks mate!

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Gliscor is more of an offensive Pokemon than defensive, and yes, I have tried Ice Fang. It helps against Dragon types.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I think Empoleon is a good choice. Access to Water & Grass move (it can learn Grass Knot), as well as resisting Sandstorm due to being part Steel.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Use this set.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Moves:
Ice Beam
Roar
Scald
Stealth Rock

248 HP allows him minimal damage from Leech Seed and SR/Spikes while 216 SpD allows him to be even more of a special wall. The remaining 44 Def EVs are there for handling DNite and Salamence.

edonub

Your Gliscor is a dead weight without Toxic support. Gliscor doesn't rely on using Toxic itself, but on Toxic Spikes / other support pokes to stall with Substitute/Protect. You can't make a Sub if you're already wasting your turn by using Toxic on your opponent. So get something like Forretress with T-Spikes or replace Gliscor

bloodnmetal

@edonub: thanks for the tip, but I really like Gliscor too much to sack him, and I'm not very found of Forretress as well... Would Drapion or Tentacruel perform (really) bad here as t-spikers? Gliscor has been doing great on my team, even if it has to use toxic by itself, but could you gimme a little bit more of your insight about it? would you consider Gliscor with Ice Fang instead of Toxic should it have t-spikes support, givin' a bite every now and then? How would you play it (with your mentioned support)?

@azeem40: I really enjoyed your suggestion! Having that concept in mind, how is it better than Swampert as a wall (or tank, considering the water-ground typing)?

And what about a special sweeper, does anyone have tips on what would suit my team (preferably within the depicted pokes)?

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Empoleon and Swampert serve two different purposes. Empoleon is a special wall while Swampert is a physical wall. However, Empoleon's typing gives it 11 resistances and 1 immunity while Swampert's gives it less.

bloodnmetal

I've been running azeem40's Empoleon set on my team and it's been doing a great job!

Any other considerations or suggestions on my team?

thank you all in advance!

I dont know if your garchomp is already working for you, but i just obliterated the battle subway using garchomp with Outrage, Earthquake, Substitute and Swords Dance. First move, i'd use substitute, and if they didnt physically attack me, I was able to swords dance, and a lot of the time achieve a clean sweep from behind the substitute. Its all a matter of your personal preference, but if you added someone with a fire attack to make up for garchomp not having fire fang, it would be an advantage to you. Maybe a fire blast on togekiss but its up to you.

from your list, maybe volcarona, as you seem lacking in special attackers.

bloodnmetal

would you suggest a moveset Freddie?

and I'll give the subs/sd garchomp a try!
I was also thinking about a SD/EQ/OutR/FF set, do you think it's too risky?

thanks a lot mate!

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
^ for Volcorona, you could go with:

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Flame Body
Modest Nature
~ Substitute
~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ Fiery Dance

Substitute helps you get Quiver Dances up more easily. Quiver Dance is one of the best boosting moves in the game. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance give you decent coverage.

bloodnmetal

@zhanton: I know volcarona is kinda bulky, but does it have the speed to use subs effectively? wouldn't Roost perform better over Substitute? and any tips on the EVs?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Yes, it does. It can outspeed a lot of the in-game Pokemon.

volcarona is meant to be a special sweeper, that all it can really do. Definately only ev him in sp.att and speed. i once tried him ev'd in hp and defence, and that was horrific. It depends on how long you want volcarona to be in play. The stragtegy i use with my volcarona was to have overheat. with max 405 sp.att, and choice scarf, along with stab, theres not much that it cant ohko. after that, i'd switch him out. but that was just me. I would go for quiver dance, fire blast, bug buzz and then either hurricane or psychic for extra coverage on the set that you are doing. Im more for raw power than accuracy. that said, i'd only go for substitute/leftovers if he has got a timid nature and max speed iv's. with substiute and leftovers, but with a timid nature, the above set looks just as good.

fire fang on garchomp works really well, but from my personal experience, i barely stepped a foot wrong with substitue.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I'd only use Hurricane if it was in the Rain. Otherwise, just stick to Substitute.

infact, substitute is better than hurricane. but only use that with a timid natured one would be my advice, in order to get a better chance of putting in your substitute before they can attack. and use leftovers.