• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate (and help) My Team please!

wait, can you only use leftovers once on your team? give life orb to the pokemon that you dont give leftovers.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
In-game battle facilities force you to use one of the same item on each Pokemon.

bloodnmetal

I kinda have the feeling that this question answers itself, but If I'm sure the opponent is gonna hit me good (but not OHKOing me) when volcarona is out, what would be your first move...

... if volcarona is faster than the foe: QD, Subs (knowing it'll probably break upon hit) or a SpA move?
1. QD would give me a single strong hit on the next round, but could reduce the dmg received (maybe it wouldn't matter on the next round)
2. Subs would give me an extra round or two, as long as I have HP to invest in (praying for a miss from the opponent?)
3. A SpA move (FD or BB) would allow me to (probably) 2HKO the foe, but not carring any buffs onto the next fight.

... if volcarona is slower than the foe: QD or Subs (knowing you will have at least minimum HP for that)?
1. QD would give me a single strong hit on the next round.
2. Subs would allow me to get a QD or a hit on the next round and, maybe, have an extra round (also praying for a miss from the incomming attack?).

that said, I'll try that substitute set out!

any suggestion on who you guys would replace in order to have volcarona in?

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
What you do is use Sub on a move that you are sure won't break the Sub and then proceed to Set up.

bloodnmetal

and what if you know it will (at least probably) break the sub, would you it the foe or use a QD?
(taking into account that you can't switch out)

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Why can't you switch out?

i'd always substitute first. reason why is because if they attack you, you know what attack they are probably going to use next (the same move) so you can switch to counter that. If they use a non attacking move, like thunder wave on the first turn, it will do nothing to you, so you can then use quiver dance as many times as you feel necessary before attacking. thats the kind of strategy i used with my subs garchomp.

if you know you are slower, you'll have to predict what the opponent will use. he will likely deal damage enough as to render subs useless, as its defences, especially physical defence are pretty frail. if you know they have a super effective attack on you, and they are faster, e.g. aerodactyl, change out.

or if not, attack them and hope for the best.

just a warning though, if you arent using volcarona first and they have used stealth rock, your volcarona is screwed!