• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my 4th Gen team?

KingWiggins

[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/068.gif[/img139]
128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
Substitute
Encore
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge

Machamp's main role as a starter is to dominate. With Substitute and Encore, it can do it pretty easily. It starts out with Substitute on the first turn, setting Pokemon like Lead Metagross, Heatran, and Hippowdon off guard as they Stealth Rock or switch. If they use Stealth Rock, since I am faster than them, I can Encore them to keep using that, causing them to switch to something that avoids Dynamic Punch, but ends up in me using Stone Edge. If they stay in, I just wear them down. This is probably one of my favorite Gimmick Lead Machamp set.

[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/430.gif[/img139]
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpA
Nature: Naughty
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
Brave Bird
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Simple enough set. With Insomnia, I can switch into Breloom's Spore, then forcing him to switch. Brave Bird and Sucker Punch are good for power, while Pursuit is for the Pokemon that are stuck into Earthquake from Encore so when they switch, they will get hit hard still.
[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/s/094.gif[/img139]
252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

SubGengar. Easy enough. Switches the easiest against Pokemon that want to use Trick, or, of course, into any Normal, Fighting, and Ground type move. Sub Gengar is here just so it can cause switches to Pokemon such as Scarf Tyranitar, which I would demolish with Focus Blast. Shadow Ball is a great STAB move, while Thunderbolt is there to get rid of Gyarados and other Flying Pokes.

[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/260.gif[/img139]
252 HP/212 Def/44 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Torrent
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar

Swampert, in my opinion, is one of the best pokemon to set up Stealth Rock..which is why I'm using it. With Roar, it can Roar anything it doesn't like out, Ice beam the likes of Gliscor and Flygon, and Earthquake pokemon who can't handle it well.

[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/134.gif[/img139]
252 HP/180 Def/4 Spe/36 SpA/36 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
Wish
Heal Bell
Surf
Hidden Power [Electric]

Having two Water type Pokemon might seem.. weird at first. But, it's here for a reason. Wish is help recover damage to other teamates (and itself), while Heal Bell is there to heal teamates (especially Machamp, Honcrow, Dragonite, and Swampert) from status such as Burn and Toxic. Surf is for a stab move, and Hidden Power Electric is there for exceptional coverage.

[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/149.gif[/img139]
252 HP/204 Spe/52 SpA
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Life Orb
Agility
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower

Agility Dragonite. Usually inferior to DD, but on this team, there's nothing I like better. Agility is there to out run anything in its path, and 0HK0/2HK0 close to anything in its path. Flamethrower is just there to make sure that Scizor can't do anything.

To be perfectly honest, I have no clue what my teams problem is. It's supposed to be a resistance team, resisting attacks to make easy switch ins and sweeping. I do realize I do have a bad ice type weakness against my team though, sort of.

Last edited:

Flamingo

4thGen King
I'm going to personally answer how my team could take on yours :)

Basically I'm interested in taking you on in a battle. Your Machamp looks very impressive. Honestly, I'm not sure how I personally can counter it. I'm thinking Togekiss, but if you use Stone Edge, I'm screwed.

Your Hippo can be easily defeated by my Kingdra's single Hydro Pump as my Kingdra is a Special Sweeper 252 SpAtk/252 Speed with Rain Dance ability. I've always been a Gliscor fan anyway, which is why I have one too :)

The Honch bird sounds annoying! lol Not sure how to counter it either. I do have a Timid Raikou with thunderbolt, so that might work. I have a breloom too, so maybe that's why I'm scared of your crow. But why give it Heat Wave? Isn't that a special move? Idk, I guess I never believed in Mixed attackers lol.
Heatran looks definitely scary too! Not sure if Gliscor or my Swampert's quake would knock it down.
You Dragonite seems rather week, however. I can guarantee you that mine is better (Mine knows Heal Bell :D)

Ur also week to Ice moves :)

KingWiggins

I'm going to personally answer how my team could take on yours :)

Basically I'm interested in taking you on in a battle. Your Machamp looks very impressive. Honestly, I'm not sure how I personally can counter it. I'm thinking Togekiss, but if you use Stone Edge, I'm screwed.

Your Hippo can be easily defeated by my Kingdra's single Hydro Pump as my Kingdra is a Special Sweeper 252 SpAtk/252 Speed with Rain Dance ability. I've always been a Gliscor fan anyway, which is why I have one too :)

The Honch bird sounds annoying! lol Not sure how to counter it either. I do have a Timid Raikou with thunderbolt, so that might work. I have a breloom too, so maybe that's why I'm scared of your crow. But why give it Heat Wave? Isn't that a special move? Idk, I guess I never believed in Mixed attackers lol.
Heatran looks definitely scary too! Not sure if Gliscor or my Swampert's quake would knock it down.
You Dragonite seems rather week, however. I can guarantee you that mine is better (Mine knows Heal Bell :D)

Ur also week to Ice moves :)

Changed it a bit.

Swizich

Machamp - Use Focus Punch

KingWiggins

Machamp - Use Focus Punch

I don't think you get Machamp's job. Machamp is just there to cause switches and put a dent into foes that switch in. If I put in Focus Punch over Dynamic, it would only to be able to attack under Sub, which would be worthless once they know the set.

trademark25

I've been a Pokemaniac since my early childhood years, but I haven't gotten into any competitive Wi-Fi battling ever. Once I actually get the chance to beat Red the Pkmn Trainer and then receive the Kanto starters from Professor Oak, I'm planning on building my Soulsilver competitive team.
I don't really know what to look for in a starting six. I know you want a "special wall," a quick attacker, but I'll need some advice.

My Current Ideas for Team Members:

Mamoswine

Starmie

Mismagius

Weavile

Da_bomb.com

Hoenn Hype
Can u guys rate my team?
Arcanine-physical sweeper
Flygon
Dragonite
Tyrannitar