• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Battle Tower Team

V3NOM

Intermediate Trainer
Hey guys I just lost at battle 71 with this team:
Garchomp @Choice band
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-EQ
-Outrage
-Aqua Tail(Want to change)
-Stone Edge(Want to change)

The general strategy is lead with outrage unless its a steel type or very bulky physical wall. EQ is there for grounded steel types. The other 2 moves were for type coverage, but I didn't see major use from them. I will gladly change them. Garchomp surprisingly outsped many pokes and it lasted more than I expected him to.

Gengar @ Focus sash
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
-Shadow ball
-Destiny Bond
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast(Want to change this -_-)

I can say that this is the pokemon that gave us many of our victories. Gengar would start with either thunderbolt or shadow ball(depending on type coverage) and 2HKO any pokemon and use DB on the next. I need to change FB to something that actually hits. Unfortunately hidden power is Ice. Any suggestions here needed. Him and Chomp won about 60% of our battles.

Salamence @Choice scarf
Adamant
EVs:252Atk,252Spd,4HP
-Outrage
-EQ
-Fire Blast
-Fly(Was never actually used, so any other move here)

The most important poke here, he has saved the team from many 1v3 situations before. Almost always lead with outrage unless a steel type, in which case I use EQ. If skarmory or bronzing(never got to face one with salamence) theres fire blast. He never got outsped and managed to OHKO 95% of the pokes to get the win.

I previously got an 89,85 and now a 71 streak with the same team. The 89 and 85 streak used a Modest gengar and a "weaker" salamence(The IVs of the current one are much better.)
Any rates and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Nice Streak.

I feel somewhat bad for missing this Team, as it could use some improvement.

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Adamant
Sand Veil
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
» Dragon Claw / Outrage
» Substitute
» Swords Dance
» Earthquake

Pretty generic for the BT. Keep in mind Substitute is pretty much mandatory if you want to succeed with this thing.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
» Dragon Dance
» Dragon Claw / Outrage
» Substitute
» Earthquake / Brick Break

I'd get rid of either Salamence or Garchomp, as they only leave a huge weakness to Ice. Salamence is more reliable due to having DD, so you aren't screwed if the opponent sends out Lati@s.

Energy Ball > Destiny Bond on Gengar.

So, for your replacement to Salamence or Garchomp, how about Lucario? It helps cover some weaknesses to Gengar and your Dragon Type.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid
Inner Focus
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
» Calm Mind
» Aura Sphere
» Dark Pulse / Shadow Ball
» Substitute

With these changes, you should be able to reach atleast 90 imo.

V3NOM

Intermediate Trainer
Well, firstly thanks for the suggestion. I'm planning to make a new Garchomp, but need some advice:
Garchomp @(Would you choose leftovers or salac berry)
Evs: 252 Spd, 252 Hp
Jolly
-substitute
-swords dance
-EQ
-outrage

Really dependant on getting The SD up to boost attack. So how would you use him? Should I lead with him,set up and sweep, or should he be my last resort poke like the salamence from my last team?
I also really don't have experience with sub. I know it protects from OHKO moves, status moves and intimidate, but from my experience, it feels like a never ending story: poke1 used sub, poke used x attacking move. Poke 1's sub disappeared..and rinse and repeat.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'd dump the Hp EV's in Attack instead, as Garchomp needs as much power as possible. Leftovers or Salace Berry both work, but Salac Berry is more situational, so I'd suggest Leftovers, as Gengar can kill off the Lati@s.

Well the general idea with Sub is that the AI dosen't switch, so even when you have a favorable matchup, they stay in, so many times, you can keep your Sub intact, while getting to +6.

As for which one to Lead with, I'd Lead with Gengar or Lucario, as if the opponent has something capable of walling Garchomp or outspeeding all of the setup will have been pointless.

V3NOM

Intermediate Trainer
I see... I have a metagross, but forget its Evs. It has 252Evs in attack and the rest split to HP,Def,Sp.Def.
-Bullet punch
-Ice punch
-explosion
-thunderpunch

Ive also been reading about why garchomp got banned from OU and realized it was sand stream..so how about a tyranitar?
-EQ
-stone edge
-Ice punch
-Fire punch
I have have a similar defensive spread as metagross, but I may sacrifice its Sp.def into HP/Def since sandstorm boosts the sp. def 150%
Should I use this and garchomp on the same team(to actually put choms ability to use?) or would tyranitats bulk be the better choice?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Honestly I'd use Metagross > Tyranitar as Sand Veil isn't all that good and you are bringing extra weaknesses to the table with Tyranitar.

Metagross wants Meteor Mash instead of Bullet Punch however as Bullet Punch is pretty weak. I'm nearly positive Agility is better than Explosion, as Metagross brings some key resistances to the Team, and you may want to keep it alive. If you decide to run Agility use 166 Hp / 252 Atk / 92 Spe. If not, just use 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe. Though, honestly Lucario fills the role equally as good due to higher Speed.