• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

rate my BF team (or help me with Factory, but mainly the team)

Kacho

You are next.
my Battle Frontier Team.. I hope

GOAL:
I want to sweep the BF with only 3 pokemon. And I cannot remember or even know which facility allows more than 3 pokemon

Note:
1) Money is not an issue. I can sweep Ty and Gabby or Gym Leaders or Elites to earn money. HA! lolol
2) relearning level up moves is not a problem. I have a special team of Linoone to Covet Heart Scales from Luvdiscs. but learning one off TM is a problem. (unless I can chain breed, which I am patient for that)
3) Lum Berry is kind of but not entirely an issue... x out of y times I talk to berry master's wife with "ABRA ABRA" I get Lum Berry sometimes or few out of other berries like Chesto, Persim, Rawst etc.

Battle Factory:
lol. I rent pokemon. but i never made 21 strikes! I keep getting bad pokemon. usually I rely on Dragon type like Salamence and Altaria + Steel type like Steelix and Skarmory and Scizor + Ghost type like Misdrevus and Gengar and Dusclops.

The reason is... Dragon types have a lot of resistance... kind of a tanking. Steel types can prevent hit from poison type and toxic pokemon. Ghost type prevents normal moves from attacking... Double Edge and Hyper Beam, for example.

Multiple times I use multi-status pokemon and I lost. So I stopped using them. (Like that Parattrafusion Lanturn? Burnfusion Dusclops?)

Another multiple times I used pokemon with High Defense with Counter as my physical sweeper... they kind of die easily... except that one Miltank that I keep on seeing...

----
Now my Pokemon:
;121;Starmie
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
Hold Item: Shell Bell, except Leftover in Pyramid and Palace

Thunder-wave
Psychic
Surf/ Thunderbolt
Recover

(Thunderbolt in Palace and Tube, surf to STAB other things)

;323;Camerupt
Adament Nature
Magma Armor
Hold Item: Chesto Berry, except Pecha Berry in Battle Pyramid and maybe Palace

Toxic/ Attract/ Rock Slide
Earthquake/ Rock Slide
Flamethrower
Rest

(If he is given Attract, I can give him Rock Slide after Palace)
(I don't think he might need Toxic, seeing that most poison should be taken out by Starmie and Toxic don't work on steel type... might as well Attract and flame them.)
(Rock Slide until I beat Palace... read on to see why.)

;373;Salamence
Rash Nature/ Hasty Nature/ Adamant Nature
Intimidate
Hold Item:
1) Lum Berry in Battle Pyramid
2) Quick Claw in Arena and Dome and Tower
3) Bright Powder in Battle Tube

Dragon Claw
Rest
Brick Break
Attract/ Toxic

NOTE: either Salamence or Camerupt have Toxic or Attract, one each. But I need assistant with choosing that...

----
The order I might be fighting the facility:

Battle Factory:
Practically earn points to teach moves like T-wave to Starmie...yeah. xD

Battle Palace:
I am going to start with Battle Palace because... idk. i am not confident with this lack of control. I guess the facility put tape over the trainers' mouth or what? lol

Order:
Camerupt
Starmie
Salamence

I basically cannot control what they do.
Camerupt is quite average in the rates of different kinds of attack... so he can fight/ die first. xD
Then Starmie goes sweep until it dies.
then Salamence hopefully save everyone.... hopefully.

Rash nature has a tendency to use status or stat-lowering move.. and Salamence have none... maybe it should be Adamant Nature? Hasty Nature?
D:

silver boss:
I can't control my pokemon.. @_@
Camerupt can Flamethrower or Rock Slide Crobat.
If Camerupt can go on... yeah... Rock Slide or Flamethrower on Slaking.
Starmie Psychic or T-Bolt Slaking.. I hope.
If Starmie dies, Salamence can finish up.

gold boss:
Camerupt i hope it doesn't attack with Flamethrower on Arcanine... if it doesn't it can Rock Slide Arcanine.
If it dies, Salamence is my hope.
if not, Starmie....
I basically can't control this. haha.

Battle Tube:
Order:
Salamence, Starmie, Camerupt
Reason: Salamence's INTIMIDATE to lower wild pokemon, and if he faints, I sweep with Starmie. If it dies, Camerupt back up.... let's hope this works

silver boss:
Salamence Intidate first lower Seviper's attack.
Then Dragon Claw it.. and hope it dies.
If Salemence remain standing Brick Break Shuckle.
If not, Camerupt Rock Slide Shuckle then weaken Milotic.
Finish with Starmie T-bolt Milotic

gold boss:
Salamence Intidate first lower Seviper's attack.
Dragon Claw Seviper. If Salamence survives, it can Brick Break Steelix.
If not, Camerupt can Flamethrower or Earthquake it.
then it can play with Gyarados. if Camerupt dies...
Starmie T-Bolt it.

Battle Dome:
Order:
Starmie, Salamence, Camerupt
just battles, right? I guess I sweep?

silver boss:
Starmie Psychic on Marhstomp and probably dies fast.
then Salemence Dragon Claw him for STAB damamge and hope it dies.
if it does, Dragon Claw again on for Salamence, rest if needed.
Camerupt can be last resort here... Rock Slide on Charizard

gold boss:
Psychic Starmie again....
Camerupt will be second to attack Marshtomp for neutral EQ damamge and flamethrower/ EQ Metagross
And then weaken Latias until Salamence finish with Dragon Claw

Battle Pyramid:
Order:
Starmie, Camerupt, Salamance

Starmie's NATURAL CURE will wall most wild pokemon while I run away from them to save PP. Not to mention it's TIMID nature boosts speed. I should be able to run quickly.
Camerupt's except POISON and TOXIC and non-Thunder wave PARALYZE resistance can wall quite well with it's FIRE and GROUND type and MAGMA ARMOR ability. I can Rest off poison and paralyze and restart.
If he dies too, Salamence's Intimidate can take a while. Ha! Rest can redo everything!

silver boss:
Starmie Surf on Regirock... hope it wins! then either Psychic Regice or just thunder-wave whoever comes next.
then Camerupt Flamethrower the other two. if not Earthquake Registeel and Rock Slide Regice.
Salamence is last resort. Brick break the other two away.

Gold Boss:
Starmie Thunder wave Articuno and Psychic... or just Thunder wave and switch to Camerupt.
Camerupt Rock Slide pretty much the three legendary birds. He can flamethrower Articuno should I switch him from Starmie or Starmie dies.
Salamence last resort, again.

Battle Arena:
Order:
Starmie, Salamence, Camerupt

.... probably same as others listed above. sweep and cleaning... hopefully
*cough*
for the boss silver:
Starmie T-wave + Surf + Recover/Surf on Heracross
Salamence Brick Break + Brick Break + Brick Break/Rest on Umbreon
Camerupt Rock Slide/ Flamethrower Shedinja, whichever have PP

after I beat silver I can switch order of Starmie and Salamence.
They are my major killer anywho.
boss gold:
Salamence Brick Break + Brick Break + Brick Break/Rest on Umbreon
Starmie Psychic on Gengar
Camerupt Flamethrower on Breloom

Battle Tower:
Camerupt goes first.... then I just use my pokemon knowledge

If you actually read through this whole thing and will be giving me comments, I really appreciate this!!

Last edited:
Huh....... Nice team. There are a couple changes I would make.
Starmie should be Sitrus berry with T-bolt, Surf, Ice beam, and recover. This is good for sweeping.
Salamence should have Toxic and Camerupt attract. Toxic so it can get necessary KOs.'
This is a good team. Battle factory, well i cant help you on that one :p

Kacho

You are next.
^wow, after a year of school I finally have time to reply...
Sorry if necroing is against the rules.. >_> but I finally remember to check this post

So basically...

;121;Starmie
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
Hold Item: Sitrus Berry
T-bolt, Surf, Ice Beam, Recover

;323;Camerupt
Adament Nature
Magma Armor
Hold Item: Chesto Berry
Attract
Earthquake/ Rock Slide
Flamethrower
Rest

So earth quake or rock slide for camerupt?

;373;Salamence
Rash Nature/ Hasty Nature/ Adamant Nature
Intimidate
Dragon Claw
Rest
Brick Break
Toxic

which nature is preferable for this Salamence?

also, did i even select the right nature(s) for my team in order to efficiently play them?

can I survive battle palace with this? and most other places?

Last edited:

billybobjoefizz

Call me nick. K? k.
looks like a good team! lol mishap ^