• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My BF Team

-GameMaster-

→Symbol Ω Hunter←
I would max out Sceptile's HP instead of Speed. As you said, it's already quite fast, and if there's something fast enough to outrun it, as I said before, it will be an all-or-nothing situation since you'd take a lot more damage from it, or possibly get KO'd. Speed is more useful for competitive purposes.

Focus Sash doesn't exist in this generation. I don't know why people keep suggesting it lately.

The answer to this question is simple: I wouldn't have used one with an Adamant nature if I knew I would be using special attacks. I don't care if it's only one; it's still there, and it's still going to get used quite often. I would have used Naughty or Lonely instead, which would have lowered one of its defensive stats, which in my opinion is nowhere near as useful as its offensive stat. I would use something like 200 HP/156 Att/152 Sp.Att for EVs. A little less HP and more of one or both offensive stats could be considered. Really, it's your decision, not ours. You're the trainer, you need to be decisive about these things.

Do you think I should replace Flame Thrower with Blaze Kick then?

-GameMaster-

→Symbol Ω Hunter←
OK,GameMaster,I got your next PM and I didn't know this was the 3rd gen because of the link;
So here;
Swarmpert
EVs 252HP , 120ATK , 132 DEF
Brave @ Leftovers
-EarthQuake
-Curse
-Roar
-Rock Slide

Blazakin@Choice band
Adamant
EVs 252ATK , 252Speed 4 HP
-Quick atk
-EarthQuake
-Sky Uppercut
-Blaze kick

Scetile@Leftovers
EVs 252SP ATK , 252Speed , 4 HP.
Modest
-Leech seed
-Hidden power [Grass]/Or any SP AK grass move.[can't think of any 3rd gen grass moves for special attack]
-Toxic
-Substitute

Thanks for replying so fast man, I think ill EV Spread their EV's like you said but ill replace 252 speed with 252 Hp for Sceptile since its fast as it is and its Hp is low...
By the way my name is Jake.

-GameMaster-

→Symbol Ω Hunter←
OK,GameMaster,I got your next PM and I didn't know this was the 3rd gen because of the link;
So here;
Swarmpert
EVs 252HP , 120ATK , 132 DEF
Brave @ Leftovers
-EarthQuake
-Curse
-Roar
-Rock Slide

Blazakin@Choice band
Adamant
EVs 252ATK , 252Speed 4 HP
-Quick atk
-EarthQuake
-Sky Uppercut
-Blaze kick

Scetile@Leftovers
EVs 252SP ATK , 252Speed , 4 HP.
Modest
-Leech seed
-Hidden power [Grass]/Or any SP AK grass move.[can't think of any 3rd gen grass moves for special attack]
-Toxic
-Substitute

Thanks for replying so fast man, I think ill EV Spread their EV's like you said but ill replace 252 speed with 252 Hp for Sceptile since its fast as it is and its Hp is low...
By the way my name is Jake.

Oh noes...
Even Fire Punch?!
If so imma get a few EV's in SpA!

Yup, Fire Punch is special as well.

The following types are physical:
Normal
Fighting
Ground
Rock
Poison
Flying
Bug
Steel
Ghost

And these types are always special:
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
Psychic
Dragon
Dark

So something like Shadow Ball is physical, Hidden Power Rock is physical, Thunder Punch is special.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Nah I think ill keep it this way.
I remember you telling me once how to EV Spread, can you do the same now?
Please.

Brick Break on Swampert is redundant. STAB Surf hits way more than a SE Brick Break on a Rock type. STAB Surf has 300 Total Base Power on Rock types while Brick Break is a paltry 150 BP. Ice Beam does more to Flying types than Brick Break as well.

For MixPert, use 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpA.

-GameMaster-

→Symbol Ω Hunter←
Brick Break on Swampert is redundant. STAB Surf hits way more than a SE Brick Break on a Rock type. STAB Surf has 300 Total Base Power on Rock types while Brick Break is a paltry 150 BP. Ice Beam does more to Flying types than Brick Break as well.

For MixPert, use 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 SpA.

So what moveset will be best for Swampert insted of Brick Breack?
I dont have access to Rest...

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
You don't need Rest on MixPert. All the moves but Ice Beam are learned by MixPert naturally or through HM. Protect was at lvl 46, Surf is an HM, and Earthquake was level 52.

In addition to what you said, Earthquake hits Normal-types for the same damage that Brick Break would.