• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My bland, boring, OU rmt and get a cookie ^_^

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Clearly the title makes everyone think "oh he must have an exciting original team". Well...yeah.
i stopped playing OU a bit before the plat change, so now i'm a nub again. Yay.
This team seems to work quite well and has won about 16 out of 20 matches. i think i was just battling really awful players.

Changes in Bold.

Overview:
385.gif
230.gif
212.gif
233.gif
094.gif
134.gif

In Depth:

The Lead
385.png

Jirachi@ChoiceScarf
-SereneGrace
-Adamant
80HP/252Atk/176Spe
-IronHead
-Trick
-StealthRock
-U-Turn

My Lead and SR. This thing is the best lead i have ever run, there are only two leads i've gone up against with this and not been able to do much, Scarftran and other ScarfTrick Jirachi. Metagross Leads also can cause problems. When against heatran i simply switch to vappy to absorb the fire attack or earth power, and when up against other jirachi i SR then run away. The EV's allow him to outrun most leads with a CS. He doesn't die early game too often and usually comes back in late game to scout with u-turn or annoy with trick and ironhead.

The Set Up Physical Sweeper
230.png

Kingdra@Leftovers
-Snipe
-Adamant
180HP/248ATK/80Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute
-Waterfall
-Outrage

I usually hate set up sweepers. I never set the point in switching in, spending a turn setting up just to get forced out by a counter. With this guy though his counters can usually do very little to him, and a lot of regular switch ins (vaporeon etc.) can't break his subs in one hit, allowing me to DD as long as necessery. EV's hit a lefties recovery point and outspeed all positive natured base 100's after a DD.

The Revenge Killer
212.png

Scizor@ChoiceBand
-Technician
-Adamant
252HP/252Atk/4Def
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch
-Quick Attack

Yes i know. Horrible EV's, please somebody give me a good spread, it just seems to me that most scizors end up running tons of speed EV's to outrun very specific things, and i think this is overcentralizing since mine has a CB and will be switching out if it faced with a threat. Scizor is amazing, he teams up quite well with kingdra to cover each others weaknesses, and due to the switching nature of scizor it allows me to get scizor in and out relatively easy, and almost always have something to go out to. No i will not get rid of quick attack for Pursuit, i HATE pursuit with a burning passion, everytime i use it they stay in and outspeed me for the KO.

The Duck Physical Wall
233.png

Porygon2@leftovers
-Trace
-Bold
228HP/188Def/92SpA
-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Toxic

The amount of stuff this thing switches into is ridiculous. I've used it to effectively deal with scarfgar and starmie, which my team otherwise has problems against due to me having no T-bolt resist. Toxic is very useful, since porygon2 is a Choice pokemons worst nightmare they often switch and i can toxic there switch in, which i've found more often than not is a wall.

The Special Sweeper
94.png

Gengar@Lifeorb
-Levitate
-Timid/Hasty
6HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Destiny Bond/Explosion
-ShadowBall
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast

My Special Sweeper, switches in on his many resistances and also revenge kills a lot of stuff thanks to destiny bond, mainly tyranitar and lucario, i often let jirachi get violently murdered so i can get this guy in to revenge kill. i've got focus blast for the neutral coverage in brings and to help combat t-tar and luke, without having to suicide, though it's accuracy it's a bit pleh-ish.

The Tank
134.png

Vaporeon@Leftovers
-WaterAbsorb
-Bold
252HP/252Def/4SpA
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Wish
-Protect/IceBeam

My bulky water and tank. This never seems to do much of anything except wish a lot then die. the only real reason i have him on here is to wish my other pokemon to health. because outside of that and the occasional Infernape kill he doesn't do much. i'm thinking of replacing him for a Specially defensive swampert to absorb the t-bolts which currently go unresisted, any ideas? Ev's let it deal with gyara and nape better. Thinking about getting rid of protect for ice beam to deal with sala, which then gives me a free team slot from porygon2.

So my main problems are:
i can't deal with tyranitar or lucario outside of revenge killing with scizor/gengar.
i can't deal with scizor very well at all.
i have no electric resist.
i have nothing to absorb status.

and if someone could enlighten me on the prospect of stat jump points that would be great, as all i know about them so far is you have to run a positive nature to acheive them.

So that is my " back to OU" team, please help me out with it :)

Credit for pics go to legendarypokemon.net

Last edited:

CROWN

Quintessant Ruin
Still a nice team though.
I think on Gengar you might want to go ahead with Focus Blast. As for Scizor I don't remember a good set but I'll look up one. Be back later.
Overall a good team.
I say keep Vappy. If its been working for you keep using it.
Wish-support is always great and Swamp can't give that to you.

Lucario_Guy

Diety of Technology
Yep, I'm gonna say it: replace Quick Attack with Pursuit. It's not that you have bad luck, it's that you need to use it on Pokemon that actually fear Scizor. For example, Blissey won't stay in on Scizor lest it be OHKO'd by Superpower. Gengar is also put in a checkmate position, forced to decide whether to stay in and attack with the danger of being KO'd by Bullet Punch, or to switch and risk being killed by Pursuit. Even if it doesn't switch out, it'll still be OHKO'd by Pursuit, and only Gengar with HP [FIRE] have a sure chance of killing Scizor in one hit (provided Scizor has full HP).

I also recommend replacing Energy Ball on Gengar with Grass Knot, since it does much more damage to Swampert and virtually every other Ground-Type in OU (also nice for heavy Bulky Waters). Cresselia could replace Porygon2 since they both can counter Salamence, and Vaporeon could be replaced with Blissey, as it also has Wish and it has nice Type synergy with Cresselia (i.e., Cress resists Fighting attacks while Blissey is immune to Ghost).

That's the only help I can really give you, as I can't think of an Electric-resist that would fit your team well. I hope I helped! :D

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
For the CB Scizor, you can use this EV spread:

248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
For the CB Scizor, you can use this bulky EV spread:

248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Spe

calum

Banned
Scizor@ChoiceBand
-Technician
-Adamant
252HP/252Atk/4Def
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch
-Quick Attack

There is many different sets you could run, my preferred being 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe which outruns Max Speed Adamant TTar. Pursuit over Quick Attack

Vaporeon@Leftovers
-WaterAbsorb
-Bold
188HP/252Def/68SpD
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Wish
-Protect
252 HP 252 Def 4 Speed is the best set.

Also, a Gengar Energy Ball should still OHKO Pert

calum

Banned
Scizor@ChoiceBand
-Technician
-Adamant
252HP/252Atk/4Def
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch
-Quick Attack

There is many different sets you could run, my preferred being 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe which outruns Max Speed Adamant TTar. Pursuit over Quick Attack

Vaporeon@Leftovers
-WaterAbsorb
-Bold
188HP/252Def/68SpD
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Wish
-Protect
252 HP 252 Def 4 Speed is the best set.

Also, a Gengar Energy Ball should still OHKO Pert

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Yep, I'm gonna say it: replace Quick Attack with Pursuit. It's not that you have bad luck, it's that you need to use it on Pokemon that actually fear Scizor. For example, Blissey won't stay in on Scizor lest it be OHKO'd by Superpower. Gengar is also put in a checkmate position, forced to decide whether to stay in and attack with the danger of being KO'd by Bullet Punch, or to switch and risk being killed by Pursuit. Even if it doesn't switch out, it'll still be OHKO'd by Pursuit, and only Gengar with HP [FIRE] have a sure chance of killing Scizor in one hit (provided Scizor has full HP).

The thing is every gengar i've versed with scizor has stayed in to kill with HP fire but been OHKO'd by bullet punch. No gengars have switched away because they all fear pursuit. also quick attack lets me kill infermnape who switches in often.
i refuse to use cress, blissey and sala. i feel as though they take away all the skill from the game. I know it makes it more awkward when editing my team but i really hate when i go against them so i'm definately not using them.

use grass knot on gengar
last time i checked gengar didn't get grass knot 0_o lol.

for scizor use 248HP/252Atk/8Spe
what does that outrun?

@calum, i'm not using that scizor spread. most t-tar's use cb or DD now so i either switch in to a stab stone edge which will OHKO or i switch into a DD then he stone edge's for the KO. it's a waste of EV's really. and as i said i hate spread which run so much speed on a scizor that has two Priority moves.
and i don't need that much def on vappy when he's mainly a special wall, but i may consider it if it helps him.

Sorry for being really awkward about your responses lol.
thanks for all your help ^_^

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
188 HP/ 252 is bad, Gyarados and Infernape have better shots at 2HKOing Vaporeon with that spread.

Besides a measly 68 SpD makes very little difference in damage from special attacks, you'd be better off maxing HP if you want to take hits better from both sides while at the same time reducing the chances of being 2HKOed by the aforementioned pokes. For example, a DD LO Gyara's Stone Edge/ EQ has less than a 25% chance at 2HKOing from full health if you use 252/252.

Not to mention the fact that Vaporeon is better off taking physical threats on, not special, the only two special attacking thrats Vaporeon switch into are Heatran and Infernape, both of which cannot 2HKO with Grass Knot or HP Grass anyway.

And to top it off, Max HP is an optimal leftovers recovery point as well.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
188 HP/ 252 is bad, Gyarados and Infernape have better shots at 2HKOing Vaporeon with that spread.

Besides a measly 68 SpD makes very little difference in damage from special attacks, you'd be better off maxing HP if you want to take hits better from both sides while at the same time reducing the chances of being 2HKOed by the aforementioned pokes. For example, a DD LO Gyara's Stone Edge/ EQ has less than a 25% chance at 2HKOing from full health if you use 252/252.

Not to mention the fact that Vaporeon is better off taking physical threats on, not special, the only two special attacking thrats Vaporeon switch into are Heatran and Infernape, both of which cannot 2HKO with Grass Knot or HP Grass anyway.

And to top it off, Max HP is an optimal leftovers recovery point as well.

ahhh.
Well in that case should i get rid of porygon2 for some sort of tank/special wall since vappy will be switching in on gyara? and should i give him icebeam over protect as well so he can deal with sala to some extent?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
No, Porygon2 is a superior Gyarados and Salamence counter, far better than Vaporeon. And even with Ice Beam, Salamence hits Vaporeon far too hard for Vaporeon to handle it.

Also:

228 HP/ 188 Def/ 92 SpA on Porygon 2.

Gets better KO rates on Gyarados and Dugtrio.

Last edited:
Destiny Bond is outclassed by Explosion, because Explosion doesn't depends on your opponent's actions. Hitting Ghosts-types isn't worth it.

Tyranitar eats your team. If it's Choice Band, Scizor can't switch-in because risks a OHKO from Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. If it's the Dragon Dance set it's even worse; After a Dragon Dance, Tyranitar outruns all your team apart from Jirachi -who risks a OHKO from Earthquake if it doesn't flinch- and only Scizor can hit it with Bullet Punch. Scizor loses if Tyranitar uses a Babiri Berry. In short: Tyranitar > your team.

Sorry, have to go.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
228 HP/ 188 Def/ 92 SpA on Porygon 2.

Gets better KO rates on Gyarados and Dugtrio.

Thanks.
Destiny Bond is outclassed by Explosion, because Explosion doesn't depends on your opponent's actions. Hitting Ghosts-types isn't worth it.

okay i'll try explosion, but it won't kill lucario and t-tar which was what D-bond was there for. Still i'll try it out.

Tyranitar eats your team. If it's Choice Band, Scizor can't switch-in because risks a OHKO from Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. If it's the Dragon Dance set it's even worse; After a Dragon Dance, Tyranitar outruns all your team apart from Jirachi -who risks a OHKO from Earthquake if it doesn't flinch- and only Scizor can hit it with Bullet Punch. Scizor loses if Tyranitar uses a Babiri Berry. In short: Tyranitar > your team.

i know, which is why i was thinking restalk swampert over vappy, since then i get an electric resist, a status absorber and a t-tar counter, all of which i currently lack.

EDIT: i just had three matches on shoddy all three teams i versed used magnezone and tyranitar, i found i had absolutely nothing to switch into magnezone, and both times he nearly swept my team. For tyranitar i found that the CB version can be predicted around and beaten, not easily done but it's not too hard to take down. it's just DD version that i don't know how i'll deal with it, since i have yet to face one.
EDIT2: I'm completely owned by SD luke with Bullet Punch. if it has extremespeed gengar can come in and OHKO with Focus Blast. But with BP i get raped.
EDIT3: (yes i have no life) thinking about replacing proygon2 with gliscor, as vappy is actually doing a lot more than porygon2, every sala i've faced has been mixed, so i always switch vappy into it, and vappy also counters gyara, which makes pory kind of redundant. Gliscor would give me an electric resist and a t-tar/luke counter.

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
bump and stuffs.
So should i swap out porygon2 for swampert/gliscor?
i've been using gliscor over it and it seems to be doing better, since now i can take on fighting types as well as scizor and tyranitar.