• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Curse Vaporeon Sweep Team!

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
A physical, adamant Electivire could take out most of your team.

Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Earthquake

This set on E-vire could tear this team down, just saying but the team is quite decent though.

Celebi says hi, ice punch fails to 2HKO with SR so i can leech seed stall it out.

Ah right, I forgot Swampert resisted Stone Edge.

XD, well ill definately test Swampy, thanks for the rate!

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
where you said you had an electric weakness, and blissey would wall all of them, E-vire isnt specialy based, it can act as a mix but could take out bliss with cross chop easily.

spareux

maldición
electivire is crap
stop being stupid

GrenDraco said:
+1 Crunch, the strongest attack tar can muster against Pert, 4HKO's (i think) Swamperts EQ 2HKO's.
Actually, +1 Crunch is a 3HKO, but it's so close to a 2HKO, that if the +1 is from CB and tar switches out once Pert comes in, Tar wins in round 2. You also have to watch out for the potential defense drop. But Swampert does beat DDtar ok I guess. So long as Swampert is at full or nearly full health and Crunch doesn't get the defense drop, you'll be fine. And yes, EQ is a clean 2HKO on standard Tyranitars.

Key Keeper said:
Although my calcs might be, and probably are, wrong.
What damage calculator are you using? If you didn't know about it yet, this one is good: http://ownpurpose.com/libelldra/damage_calculator.html
There should never be a reason to doubt your own damage calculations because they are so important and easy enough to get right.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
I like the concept of a cursing Sweeper Vaporeon, but does it really sweep effectivley?

And BTW, I like your team building process. Gonna try that sometime.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
I like the concept of a cursing Sweeper Vaporeon, but does it really sweep effectivley?

And BTW, I like your team building process. Gonna try that sometime.

JRC's post on ~Wobbufett~'s post helped me out a lot, you should look for it, it's really helpful for team building.

and Yeah Vappy works okay, but honestly this isn't meant to be a serious team, if you want a serious team you should just use luke or Scizor or something.

where you said you had an electric weakness, and blissey would wall all of them, E-vire isnt specialy based, it can act as a mix but could take out bliss with cross chop easily.

has been answered previously.
i'm considering special defensive Rotom-H, so that i can take on lucario and scizor somewhat easier, although keeping resistances against most electrics. Meaning i don't need scizor anymore to deal with lucario and othe rscizor, so i can use an outright Tyranitar counter.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Put substitute on celebi for a 101HP sub. Put draco meteor on latias as scarflati is a hit and run poke. Very interesting vappy, but the question is, does it work?

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
Put substitute on celebi for a 101HP sub. Put draco meteor on latias as scarflati is a hit and run poke. Very interesting vappy, but the question is, does it work?

sub on a defensive celebi isnt that useful and he already said why he doesnt run Draco Meteor. YES people it does work he says that at the top

I got your back Gren ;)

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

Why would i consider running substitute?
Celebi doesn't care about Toxic anyway and it can't beat blissey one on one wether it has 101 subs or not. Besides i'm not even running max HP on it for 101 subs.
Draco Meteor is kinda crappy on something that can easily sweep imo. Especially after i trick away the scarf.
Yeah vappy works, it's not amazing but i never expected it to be.

I got your back Gren ;)

Why thank you ;)

Actually, +1 Crunch is a 3HKO, but it's so close to a 2HKO, that if the +1 is from CB and tar switches out once Pert comes in, Tar wins in round 2. You also have to watch out for the potential defense drop. But Swampert does beat DDtar ok I guess. So long as Swampert is at full or nearly full health and Crunch doesn't get the defense drop, you'll be fine. And yes, EQ is a clean 2HKO on standard Tyranitars.

Good to know someone else noted that

JRC's post on ~Wobbufett~'s post helped me out a lot, you should look for it, it's really helpful for team building.

Yay!

The first flaw of this team is that in the team building process, you said you added Scizor into the team because it would check Tyranitar, Lucario, and other Scizor, but isn't able to do that. (Tutor note: Scizor won't counter Choice Band Tyranitar because is OHKO by a Stone Edge after Stealth Rock and won't check Dragon Dance Tyranitar because most of them use a Babiri Berry.) (Btw, you used my Scizor spread with no Spe.) Gliscor is. Gliscor will counter Lucario and check Choice Band and Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Scizor will be left for later. Use it over Scizor. This Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil

244 Hp/ 12 Att/ 172 Def/ 80 Spe
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge
- Roost

The moves may seem self-explanatory but they all have a purpose. Earthquake is your most powerful attack and main attack. Fire Fang is used to 2HKO Scizor and to hit Celebi. Stone Edge will be used against Flying-types, more specefically Zapdos. Now, the Ev's were made by my friend Gs and I edited them slightly to reach it's full purpose. The Hp reaches an optimal Leftovers recovery point and in conjuction with the Def investment, Gliscor will always win against Choice Band Tyranitar. The Att Ev's are chosen because they perfectly 2HKO 176 HP standard Tyranitar. The Spe Ev's aim to outrun 36 Spe Celebi and Zapdos both standard and both aiming to outrun Jolly max Spe Tyranitar. Therefore, you outrun all unboosted Tyranitar. Against Dragon Dance Tyranitar is more tricky but you still win 66% of the time.

Drop Blissey. She won't be needed here, trust me. Now add a Choice Band Tyranitar into your team. Now, all the Electric-types you listed are covered. Tyranitar detroys all four of them and takes their Electric-type attacks aimed Vaporeon like a champ due to resitsance and the Sp.D boost from his own Sandstorm. Choice Band Tyranitar also gets rid of Celebi. Use this set:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sandstream
Adamant nature (+Att, -Sp.A)
176 Hp/240 Att/ 92 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

I chose this Tyranitar spread because is bulky but doesn't forgo any Attack. The Spe is set to outspeed the slower Steel-types, like Skarmory so you can use Stone Edge before they Roost. I chosed Earthquale in the last slot to take care of Heatran.

Move 36 Sp.A Ev's to Spe, on Celebi. This will allow Celebi to outspeed max Spe Tyranitar and still keep some extra Sp.D Ev's.

Use Return on Vaporeon. Quick Attack without STAB isn't worth it.

I'm sorry it was so slow. Is that I fell asleep as I said before.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
The first flaw of this team is that in the team building process, you said you added Scizor into the team because it would check Tyranitar, Lucario, and other Scizor, but isn't able to do that. (Tutor note: Scizor won't counter Choice Band Tyranitar because is OHKO by a Stone Edge after Stealth Rock and won't check Dragon Dance Tyranitar because most of them use a Babiri Berry.) (Btw, you used my Scizor spread with no Spe.)
yeah i just seriously could not think of anythingt that checked all three decently and figured scizor does so under certain conditions. i kinda fail at thinking up what counters what.

Gliscor is. Gliscor will counter Lucario and check Choice Band and Dragon Dance Tyranitar. Scizor will be left for later. Use it over Scizor. This Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil

244 Hp/ 12 Att/ 172 Def/ 80 Spe
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge
- Roost

The moves may seem self-explanatory but they all have a purpose. Earthquake is your most powerful attack and main attack. Fire Fang is used to 2HKO Scizor and to hit Celebi.
i thought EQ 2HKO'd Scizor anyway? Guess not.

Stone Edge will be used against Flying-types, more specefically Zapdos.
although extra Zappy coverage is always lovely is it really nessecerry when tyranitar lols in Zappys face?

Now, the Ev's were made by my friend Gs and I edited them slightly to reach it's full purpose. The Hp reaches an optimal Leftovers recovery point and in conjuction with the Def investment, Gliscor will always win against Choice Band Tyranitar. The Att Ev's are chosen because they perfectly 2HKO 176 HP standard Tyranitar. The Spe Ev's aim to outrun 36 Spe Celebi and Zapdos both standard and both aiming to outrun Jolly max Spe Tyranitar. Therefore, you outrun all unboosted Tyranitar. Against Dragon Dance Tyranitar is more tricky but you still win 66% of the time.

okay, thanks. :D
Won't luke outrun and Ice punch me for the kill? but i guess i'm luke weak no matter what i do.

Drop Blissey. She won't be needed here, trust me.
thank god for that i hate using the fat cow.

Now add a Choice Band Tyranitar into your team. Now, all the Electric-types you listed are covered. Tyranitar detroys all four of them and takes their Electric-type attacks aimed Vaporeon like a champ due to resitsance and the Sp.D boost from his own Sandstorm. Choice Band Tyranitar also gets rid of Celebi. Use this set:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sandstream
Adamant nature (+Att, -Sp.A)
176 Hp/240 Att/ 92 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Sandstorm kinda kills a lot of my team though, my main concern being Vappy relying on lefties so much, but it's obviously doing more than blissey.

Move 36 Sp.A Ev's to Spe, on Celebi. This will allow Celebi to outspeed max Spe Tyranitar and still keep some extra Sp.D Ev's.

does it still OHKO Scizor with HP fire?

Use Return on Vaporeon. Quick Attack without STAB isn't worth it.

I'm sorry it was so slow. Is that I fell asleep as I said before.

Yeah i'd figured that out after i tried it.
and np i'm just glad you rated at all tbh XD

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Earthquake 2HKO's Scizor or not. I can't make the calc to prove it because, well, I'm on my phone and will most like be unable to do it (not sure though). Nevertheless, Fire Fang is also used to hit Celebi. Yes, Tyranitar lols in Zapdos' face. Drop Stone Edge. I guess I wasn't thinking when I woke up. Drop Stone Edge and use Taunt. This will mean Gliscor can now avoid status and will make him a surefire Celebi counter. Celebi is very important because how it can deal with Vaporeon.

Don't worry about Jolly Lucario. Latias is able to revenge kill him. You may want to use enough Spe to outrun Lucario but will lose to Dragon Dance Tyranitar. I would choose beating Swords Dance Lucario because he is more common than Dragon Dance Tyranitar. If you'd like to outspeed Jolly Lucario, use 216 Spe Ev's and a Jolly nature. Take the needed Ev's from Def. Of course, this is if you prefer winning against Lucario over Tyranitar.

Celebi's Hidden Power Fire won't OHKO any Scizor that invests in Sp.D but will the ones that don't.

Sadly Gliscor will only 2HKO Scizor 0.33% of the time WITH Stealth Rock and that is only 4Hp, so really it is not reliable, Fire Fang is needed here.

Stone Edge on Gliscor seems like a good idea, but only against Zapdos that don't invest more than 36Spe, I like U-Turn personally as scouting is just amazing as you also deal damage. but it could work with Stone Edge too.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
I'm not sure if Earthquake 2HKO's Scizor or not. I can't make the calc to prove it because, well, I'm on my phone and will most like be unable to do it (not sure though). Nevertheless, Fire Fang is also used to hit Celebi. Yes, Tyranitar lols in Zapdos' face. Drop Stone Edge. I guess I wasn't thinking when I woke up. Drop Stone Edge and use Taunt. This will mean Gliscor can now avoid status and will make him a surefire Celebi counter. Celebi is very important because how it can deal with Vaporeon.

Okay, i guess i forgot Celebi in the team building process.

Don't worry about Jolly Lucario. Latias is able to revenge kill him. You may want to use enough Spe to outrun Lucario but will lose to Dragon Dance Tyranitar. I would choose beating Swords Dance Lucario because he is more common than Dragon Dance Tyranitar. If you'd like to outspeed Jolly Lucario, use 216 Spe Ev's and a Jolly nature. Take the needed Ev's from Def. Of course, this is if you prefer winning against Lucario over Tyranitar.

Adamant lucario outruns me aswell, i think i'll just stick with tyranitar coverage, though i guess my own tyranitar can deal with Choice band ones if it comes in on Crunch/Pursuit. idk if +2 Extremespeed OHKO's latias with SR. if not then latias can come in on SD and kill. EDIT no it doesn't i just ran calcs and adamant does a maximum of 68% or something.

Celebi's Hidden Power Fire won't OHKO any Scizor that invests in Sp.D but will the ones that don't.

okay, thanks.

Sadly Gliscor will only 2HKO Scizor 0.33% of the time WITH Stealth Rock and that is only 4Hp, so really it is not reliable, Fire Fang is needed here.

Stone Edge on Gliscor seems like a good idea, but only against Zapdos that don't invest more than 36Spe, I like U-Turn personally as scouting is just amazing as you also deal damage. but it could work with Stone Edge too.

Damn that fails. I'll run either u-turn or taunt, i'll test them both and see which works best. Though it'll probably be u-turn, since i suck at prediction so scouting usually helps a **** load.

Last edited:
I know Adamant Lucario outruns you. That is the reason why we can edits to the spread so we beat Lucario. To make this more simple: 244 Hp/ 12 Att/ 172 Def/ 80 Spe is for Choice Band Tyranitar and Dragon Dance Tyranitar; 244 Hp/ 12 Att/ 28 Def/ 216 Spe is for Choice Band Tyranitar and Swords Dance Lucario. Again, I reccommend the latter.

If you think you need the extra scouting provided by U-Turn, then by all means use it.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
I know Adamant Lucario outruns you. That is the reason why we can edits to the spread so we beat Lucario. To make this more simple: 244 Hp/ 12 Att/ 172 Def/ 80 Spe is for Choice Band Tyranitar and Dragon Dance Tyranitar; 244 Hp/ 12 Att/ 28 Def/ 216 Spe is for Choice Band Tyranitar and Swords Dance Lucario. Again, I reccommend the latter.

If you think you need the extra scouting provided by U-Turn, then by all means use it.

so basically it comes down to being SD luke weak or DDtar weak?
i guess Latias can Surf DDTar for the kill since they're usually not that bulky.
i'll urn calcs, but yeah i'll use the latter set, since luke is more common than tar anyway.