• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Diamond team. I don't bite back.

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
I've just started playing the pokemon games again. Started Diamond about three weeks ago and am completely lost as to how everything works now. I was going to just post my team and their moves and ask for advice. My pokemon have had no ev training (because I have no patience, might do it the second time around) but they had pokerus from the second gym leader to right before the eighth.. so their stats are above average. The main thing I would like advice on is move sets and hold items.

Anyway

Here goes:

;389;Arai(Torterra)
Earthquake
Crunch
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf

;483;Dialga
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Flamethrower
Dragon Claw

;405;Rayne(Luxray)
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Iron Tail
Flash

;398;Ace(Staraptor)
Fly
Steel Wing
Endeavor
Defog

;419;Chase(Floatzel)
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Dig

;428;Lily(Lopunny)
Brick Break
Strength
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're not willing to get Egg moves, so I'll keep that in mind. Suggestions in bold.

I've just started playing the pokemon games again. Started Diamond about three weeks ago and am completely lost as to how everything works now. I was going to just post my team and their moves and ask for advice. My pokemon have had no ev training (because I have no patience, might do it the second time around) but they had pokerus from the second gym leader to right before the eighth.. so their stats are above average. The main thing I would like advice on is move sets and hold items.

Anyway

Here goes:

;389;Arai(Torterra)
Earthquake
Crunch Or Curse/Swords Dance
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf Or Wood Hammer

Not bad, but Torterra really is more of a physical Pokemon, so Giga Drain doesn't have a place here. With that being said, you're much better off having one damaging Grass move so you can cover more opponents. Leech Seed is a great move for extra damage as well as recovery.

;483;Dialga
Aura Sphere
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Draco Meteor

Looks like you wanted to go with a Sp.Attacking Dialga. In that case, Draco Meteor is a great STAB move, but Dragon Pulse can go there instead. Thunderbolt is better for coverage, as Steel doesn't have the best offensive typing.

;405;Rayne(Luxray)
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Iron Tail
Return

Pretty much all it can do. If you have access to Platinum, Superpower makes another good option.

;398;Ace(Staraptor)
Close Combat
Brave Bird/Aerial Ace/Fly
U-Turn
Return/Quick Attack

Staraptor should just focus on pure attacking. Defog has its uses ingame, but you're really better off without it in battle. I listed Aerial Ace because Brave Bird's recoil can add up, but Fly is valuable ingame. Just stick to one damaging Flying move. Close Combat helps with Rock types, as well as Steel.

;419;Chase(Floatzel)
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Brick Break

For a mixed Attacking Floatzel.

;428;Lily(Lopunny)
Brick Break
Strength
Shadow Ball
Toxic

Lopunny depends on its Sp.Ability.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
for torterra you can also use rockpolish, i find it more effective than curse or SD because any ice moves will ruin you

^yeah, Rock Polish works too. If you're running a Rock Polish set, be sure to use Stone Edge or Rock Slide along with it to help with Flying or Ice Pokemon.

Dark Latios

Beautiful Tragedy
Thanks :) I'm completely lost about wood hammer though.. does Torterra learn it by leveling up or is it a TM? I have dragon pulse, so I'll probably change that up as well as u-turn and close combat on Staraptor. Going to consider Rock Slide and Rock Polish.. need to see what I have available/where to get these moves.

I still really wish I could replace Dialga in my team with Garchomp.. I'm against legendaries in teams but don't have the patience to find Gabite. ._.;

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Bring your Torterra to the Move Relearner in Pastoria along with 1 Heart Scale, to have Torterra learns Wood Hammer.
The Move Relearner is in one of the houses above the Pokemart, the one near the water.