• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate My Diamond Team

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
;395;
Nature: Naive
Item: Mystic Water
Moves:
Hydro Pump
Surf
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon

;009;
Nature: Rash
Item:Mystic Water
Moves:
Double-Edge
Hydro Pump
Surf
Protect

;466;
Nature:Adamant
Item: Magnet
Moves:
Earthquake
Cross Chop
ThunderPunch
Fire Punch

;445;
Nature: Hasty
Item: Yache Berry
Moves:
Earthquake
Dragon Rush
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

;448;
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
Close Combat
Stone Edge
ExtremeSpeed
Swords Dance

;464;
Nature: Impish
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Empoleon@Petaya Berry
Modest (+Sp. atk, -Atk)
Trait: Torrent

Agility
Substitute
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam/Grass Knot

Blastiose@Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Torrent

Mirror Coat
Counter
Protect
Surf

Electivire@Expert Belt/Life Orb
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Motor Engine

Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake/Meditate
Cross Chop/Meditate

Garchomp@Yache Berry
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Sand Veil

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang/Crunch/Fire Blast

Lucario@Life Orb
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Steadfast

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed

Rhyperior@Leftovers
Impish (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Solid Rock

Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn/Crunch

Ground attacks do not treat this team kindly.

Blastoise (Bold/Calm Nature) @Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Yawn/Toxic

is what I would use ingame.

There are a few problems with the sets you gave your Pokemon. For one, you're overlapping a lot of attacks. What I mean by that is that you're giving your Pokemon two or more of the same types of damaging attacks. Example: Your Blastoise has Surf AND Hydro Pump. Both Surf and Hydro Pump are the same type, right? Both moves are effective and weak against the same types of Pokemon, right? Why would you need both on one set anyway? Surf is the best option due to its decent power, good PP, and good accuracy. You can get rid of Hydro Pump and replace it with a move that will be more effective against different types of Pokemon.

Also, it looks like you're not really paying attention to your Pokemon's stats when you're picking their moves. Your Empoleon for example has Metal Claw, a physical move. Empoleon isn't much of a physical attacker (unless it has Swords Dance, but that's a different story). Metal Claw won't do as much damage to different opponents as much as a Sp.Attack like Flash Cannon would do. :/

Pretty much go with randomn00b for the sets.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Lucario
Modest/Timid Nature
~Aura Sphere
~Dragon Pulse
~Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
~Calm Mind/Psychic

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
I Just Like Attack Moves No Matter What THe Circumstances (Unless It's Recover)

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
Blastoise (Bold/Calm Nature) @Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Yawn/Toxic

is what I would use ingame.

There are a few problems with the sets you gave your Pokemon. For one, you're overlapping a lot of attacks. What I mean by that is that you're giving your Pokemon two or more of the same types of damaging attacks. Example: Your Blastoise has Surf AND Hydro Pump. Both Surf and Hydro Pump are the same type, right? Both moves are effective and weak against the same types of Pokemon, right? Why would you need both on one set anyway? Surf is the best option due to its decent power, good PP, and good accuracy. You can get rid of Hydro Pump and replace it with a move that will be more effective against different types of Pokemon.

Also, it looks like you're not really paying attention to your Pokemon's stats when you're picking their moves. Your Empoleon for example has Metal Claw, a physical move. Empoleon isn't much of a physical attacker (unless it has Swords Dance, but that's a different story). Metal Claw won't do as much damage to different opponents as much as a Sp.Attack like Flash Cannon would do. :/

Pretty much go with randomn00b for the sets.

As for My Empoleon I Wanted To Have A Steel Move (Metal Claw) but I Guess I Could Try Flash Cannon

SlickSlicer

5069 5151 2078.
Flash Cannon would probably be better. You still get the STAB, and you get a sp. attack hit. Although I'm kind of a newb when it comes to these things.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I Just Like Attack Moves No Matter What THe Circumstances (Unless It's Recover)

Math to the rescue!

You say that you don't like stat up moves. But, Garchomp using two Earthquakes is the same as if it used Swords Dance followed by Earthquake. However, the boost remains from Swords Dance, and you can easily sweep from there.

But the effect stays

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
What if your trying to capture a wild pokemon and are trying to weaken it with Empoleon?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Quick Balls make that argument irrelevant. The higher power is better than lower power with more PP.

scytherdude30

I heart bug pokemon
If you're going for a water theme that's great but you shouldn't have two of one type and you should try to expand their moves types a litle and try to give the moves that only have 5-10 pp pp ups if you can.

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
Just Changed My Pokemon's moves and items Please Check if they are better

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
By The way Randomn00b your suggestions have swords dance in them but i don't think some of them are compatible

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
What are you talking about? Garchomp, Lucario, and Rhyperior can all learn Swords Dance, whether its via TM or breeding.

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
What are you talking about? Garchomp, Lucario, and Rhyperior can all learn Swords Dance, whether its via TM or breeding.

Sorry i didn't see the TM i just checked if they could remember iti will update my team now

EmpoleonRules

Water FTW!
what about electivire's meditate and blastiose's counter and mirror coat?

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
;395;
Item: Mystic Water
Moves:
Grass Knot
Surf
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon/Toxic/Roar/Stealth Rock

;009;
Item:Mystic Water