• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Double Battle Team

Yveltal96

A little more human
Chansey Troll

First things first, this team is based around Guard Splitting a Shuckle and a Chansey. The purpose, is so Chansey becomes a near invincible wall and to support my sweepers. This team is all about annoyance and raw power. So, without further a due, here is my team.

Chansey Natural Cure @ Eviolite
113.gif

Moves:
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Stealth Rock/Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Chansey is one of the main Pokemon that this team revolves around. Chansey is supposed to set up hazards, and dish out slow damage with Seismic Toss. Aromatherapy to help out your sweepers and Softboiled as a means of self recovery. You could replace Stealth Rock with Toxic though, if you are concerned with ghosts, but that's where your other sweepers come in.

Shuckle Sturdy @ Mental Herb
213.gif

Moves:
-Guard Split
-Acupressure
-Knock Off
-Power Split
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 SDef / 4 HP / 252 Def

Shuckles main purpose is very simple. Use Guard Split, and die. If he survives after Splitting, you can either Acupressure your Chansey, or screw over attackers by using Power Split.

Dusclops Pressure @ Eviolite
356.gif

Moves:
-Trick Room
-Seismic Toss/Night Shade
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def

Dusclops was my first choice for this team, since I wanted to give my Chansey a sort of boost by giving it some speed with Trick Room to disable teams quicker. You can Will-O-Wisp your opponent to cripple them further and getting rid of Chansey's weak spot in Physical Defense. Pain Split gives Dusclops the ability to recover some health as well as crippling your opponent yet further. Night Shade and Seismic Toss are both good options to deal some direct damage with Dusclops and whittle your opponent down.

Rhyperior Solid Rock @ Leftovers
464.gif

Moves:
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Aqua Tail
-Stone Edge
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef

Taking advantage of his low speed, Dusclops can boost the rest of the three Pokemon in the team by making sure they move before your opponent. Megahorn is a coverage move added to deal with Grass types and other pests such as Absol. Aqua Tail is another coverage move to deal with Ground types, specifically Gliscor. Rhyperior was my first choice for a sweeper, due to his great physical bulk and attack.

Ferrothorn Iron Barbs @ Rocky Helmet
598.gif

Moves:
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk

This set is even useful without the reliance of Trick Room, so I picked this set, to take advantage of Ferrothorn's low speed stat as well. Gyro Ball being a reliable STAB and Power Whip to deal some heavy damage as well. Thunder Wave to cripple your enemies even further as well as Leech Seed.

Slowking Regenerator @ Leftovers
199.gif

Moves:
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Toxic
-Ice Beam
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk

Slowking is here to serve as a changeup from the physical Pokemon, and to take advantage of his bulk to set up with Calm Mind while your opponent is busy being frustrated with trying to take out your seemingly invincible Chansey. Moves like Scald and Ice Beam are good to cripple any fire, flying, or grass types. Toxic is another one of those annoying crippling moves, and Scald also gives the opportunity to cripple any physical attacker by burning them.

Here is a couple test battles of the team (to be honest, almost no one has even gotten past my Dusclops):
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-20435861
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-20580356
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-20588206

Also, here is an importable for anyone who wants to try it out
=== Chansey Troll ===

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Toxic

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Trait: Sturdy
Careful Nature
- Guard Split
- Acupressure
- Knock Off
- Power Split

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Slowking @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs:
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I would drop Steath Rocks on Chansey. Smogon Doubles goes 6 on 6, but the matches still go by fast and I think Chansey would benefit more from being able to poison things on it's own.

Shuckle Sturdy @ Custap Berry
213.gif

Moves:
-Guard Split
-Acupressure
-Rest
-Rollout
Nature: Careful

Rollouts not doing anything here. Either drop it for Knock Off, so at least it can continue to support the team when taunted, or zero out the attack stats and go with Power Split to completely cripple opposing attackers and screw with Follow Me users that try to redirect Guard Split.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I would drop Steath Rocks on Chansey. Smogon Doubles goes 6 on 6, but the matches still go by fast and I think Chansey would benefit more from being able to poison things on it's own.

Rollouts not doing anything here. Either drop it for Knock Off, so at least it can continue to support the team when taunted, or zero out the attack stats and go with Power Split to completely cripple opposing attackers and screw with Follow Me users that try to redirect Guard Split.

Thanks a lot :)
I will try it out ASAP

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Your number one enemy is Taunt. I'd give Shuckle a Mental Herb since it ignores Taunt for one use. The opponent shouldn't double Taunt because they'll think one is enough. This + Sturdy ensures a guard splits gets off.