• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rate my Doubles Team for Battle Tree

Nyter

Island Challenger
I feel like this team has gotten me far but never up to 100 consecutive battles. Just wondering if you would change anything on these pkmn or even substitute an entire pokemon for something else.

First 2 lead Pokemon

Bruxish:
-Dazzling
-Focus Sash
-Jolly Nature
-252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 HP
-IVs 31 on all except Sp. Atk.
>Aqua Jet
>Swords Dance
>Psychic Fangs
>Trick Room

Arcanine:
-Intimidate
-Firium Z
-Adamant Nature
-252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-31 IVs for all except Sp. Atk
>Flare Blitz
>Extreme Speed
>Crunch
>Outrage

Then the other 2 are:

Vikavolt:
-Levitate
-Leftovers
-Quiet Nature
-252 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Def.
-31 IVs to all except Atk and Speed/ 0 IVs with speed.
>Discharge
>Energy Ball
>Bug Buzz
>Charge

Mudsdale
-Stamina
-Assault Vest
-Sassy Nature
-252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Def
-31 IVs to all except Sp. Atk & speed/0 IVs for Speed
>Earthquake
>Rock Slide
>Payback
> Heavy Slam

Okay so obviously the Arcanine Intimidate entry is a given. This will make my opponent wonder if to fight or flight. Inferno Overdrive usually KOs a foe's Pokemon. Crunch and Outrage are for coverage. Extreme Speed is for priority attacks especially due to Bruxish's Trick Room set up. For Bruxish, she uses Dazzling to stop any Pkmn from using priority attacks which she is a hypocrite because Bruxish has Aqua Jet. I can use Bruxish one of two ways... I can beef her attack with Swords Dance and then sweep with Aqua Jet and Psychic Fangs. Or I can set up Trick Room for the following 2 Pokemon. Vikavolt and Mudsdale are slow, and thanks to their typing and abilities, they are immune to attacks that attack wide-range from each other. Because of Trick Room, they usually attack first after switching in on it set up already. Vikavolt uses Discharge which does not affect Mudsdale. And Mudsdale uses earthquake which Vikavolt, due to levitate, is not affected by it. All other attacks are for coverage.

What do you all think? Any changes needed?

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Note the added bold text for each mon.
I feel like this team has gotten me far but never up to 100 consecutive battles. Just wondering if you would change anything on these pkmn or even substitute an entire pokemon for something else.

First 2 lead Pokemon

Bruxish:
-Dazzling
-Focus Sash
-Jolly Nature
-252 Speed/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 HP
-IVs 31 on all except Sp. Atk.
>Aqua Jet
>Swords Dance
>Psychic Fangs
>Trick Room

Assume this is 252 Atk?Otherwise, looks fairly solid as a set. Would question the reliability of trick room if you take more than one attack per turn, but you have intimidate, so Bruxish's bulk doesn't seem to be a major issue. Nice.
Arcanine:
-Intimidate
-Firium Z
-Adamant Nature
-252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-31 IVs for all except Sp. Atk
>Flare Blitz
>Extreme Speed
>Crunch
>Outrage
Outrage doesn't seem like an attack you'd want, unless you have had good experience with it? You're locked into a move AND the target is randomised AND you're confused afterwards. Guess it's a last resort move, but one I'd personally avoid using even in the tree.
Then the other 2 are:

Vikavolt:
-Levitate
-Leftovers
-Quiet Nature
-252 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Def.
-31 IVs to all except Atk and Speed/ 0 IVs with speed.
>Discharge
>Energy Ball
>Bug Buzz
>Charge
Another cool set. However, using it under trick room seems problematic as you're burning turns switching vika and mudsdale into battle and charging - turns where vikavolt could be knocked out. Seems inconsistent? Isn't it difficult to get both Vikavolt and Mudsdale on the field at the same time?
Mudsdale
-Stamina
-Assault Vest
-Sassy Nature
-252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def/ 4 Def
-31 IVs to all except Sp. Atk & speed/0 IVs for Speed
>Earthquake
>Rock Slide
>Payback
> Heavy Slam
Mudsdale might benefit more from a berry than an assault vest. Would question what payback helps you hit that earthquake and rockslide do not. Seems passive as a set too, if there's no attack investment is not threatening much damage and is just support for Vikavolt, which could be done better by something else most likely.
Okay so obviously the Arcanine Intimidate entry is a given. This will make my opponent wonder if to fight or flight. Inferno Overdrive usually KOs a foe's Pokemon. Crunch and Outrage are for coverage. Extreme Speed is for priority attacks especially due to Bruxish's Trick Room set up. For Bruxish, she uses Dazzling to stop any Pkmn from using priority attacks which she is a hypocrite because Bruxish has Aqua Jet. I can use Bruxish one of two ways... I can beef her attack with Swords Dance and then sweep with Aqua Jet and Psychic Fangs. Or I can set up Trick Room for the following 2 Pokemon. Vikavolt and Mudsdale are slow, and thanks to their typing and abilities, they are immune to attacks that attack wide-range from each other. Because of Trick Room, they usually attack first after switching in on it set up already. Vikavolt uses Discharge which does not affect Mudsdale. And Mudsdale uses earthquake which Vikavolt, due to levitate, is not affected by it. All other attacks are for coverage.

What do you all think? Any changes needed?

It's an interesting mix of playstyles, this team, like the sets. Going forward, it might be worth your while considering partners that can support Vikavolt and/or Mudsdale more. Something like Intimidate Incineroar with Fake Out may be more useful in this regard than Arcanine, for instance. That way, you make this team more trick room dedicated.
Additionally you could also consider Claydol or a telepathy mon with trick room instead of mudsdale, to restore trick room once your lead bruxish trick room runs out ( or even fails to get setup).

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Seconding what Archstaraptor says. Incineroar is likely going to be a good alternative to Arcanine. It hits a bit harder, has Fake Out to help you actually get Trick Room up, and has a bit more bulk. That said, I'm also not sure of Outrage as an offensive move in doubles. It targets randomly and locks you in, it's very unreliable.

Claydol is an interesting pick. It is immune to both Earthquake and Discharge, and it also gets Trick Room and some other useful moves like Earth Power and Psychic. But I'd say Telepathy Oranguru is probably better. Oranguru has better bulk, a better Trick Room speed, and Instruct support. Claydol is just a tad too fast for Trick Room I feel like.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
If the team did become solely trick room then yes Claydol could be seen as a bit too fast. Oranguru would certainly be a good choice for a trick room team and would make a great partner for vikavolt

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I'd say Arcanine and Mudsdale have pretty good move sets.

I don't know a lot about the other pokemon.

I'm still a bit new to competitive, but I feel confident to post in some rate my team threads now I think (even though for awhile i couldn't post on this forum at all.......personal reasons i rather not get into publicly </3 not into starting any drama)